The NBA Thread (48 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:howler: Last time I checked, the Thunder won that game and Russ had a triple double. Nukerich put him in his place indeed :baus::tup:

- - - Updated - - -

AD is injured, and might not even make the All Star game. I think the coaches were aware of that when they made their selections.
the coaches didnt vote, players did. and the media. coaches (Kerr and Budenholzer most likely) only select the reserves

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
the coaches didnt vote, players did. and the media. coaches (Kerr and Budenholzer most likely) only select the reserves
The media and the players were probably aware that AD is out for a while. It doesn't change the narrative. He might be out for another 3-4 weeks with that broken finger.

- - - Updated - - -

He could return next week, but knowing AD and injuries, it could be 2-3 weeks on the sidelines. He's missed his fair share of games. I'd take a healthy AD over PG too, but I don't think he's going to be ready.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The media and the players were probably aware that AD is out for a while. It doesn't change the narrative. He might be out for another 3-4 weeks with that broken finger.
you can always replace injured players, that shouldnt make you vote for someone else. plenty of cases in history where someone else just took the place of an injured player. anyway, Doncic should be there. you cant ignore 4M votes

Tauri

Jan 29, 2006
The fan voting is retarded and should not be a main factor. Zaza should have been starter as well couple of years ago? Steven Adams getting more votes than Jokic? D-Rose over Harden? Wade being second best guard in east? I'd like to see something like 1/4 fans, 1/4 media, 1/4 players and 1/4 coaches.

Doncic is a fan favourite and I love him as a player, but LeBron, PG, Jokic, KD, AD - all of them deserve to start over Luka. No doubt he should be a reserve.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
In other news, ever since the role player went down with his ankle injury, the Lakers are a - 50 in 2 1/2 games.
Yeah you were super awful in 2nd half vs the Wolves. The commentators were saying you are the worst at shooting at all categories almost in the league. And it showed. Seemed like only Kuz could shoot decently.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah you were super awful in 2nd half vs the Wolves. The commentators were saying you are the worst at shooting at all categories almost in the league. And it showed. Seemed like only Kuz could shoot decently.

The bigger issue is the defense. Bad shooting doesn't make up for the amount of points given up in the last 10 quarters. They need Lonzo back in the worst way. He sets the tone defensively and he's the only guy on the team right now that can push the pace, which is what their offense was supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

The bigger issue is the defense. Bad shooting doesn't make up for the amount of points given up in the last 10 quarters. They need Lonzo back in the worst way. He sets the tone defensively and he's the only guy on the team right now that can push the pace, which is what their offense was supposed to be.

Only Kuzma shot decently? 4-12 Kuzma? On a team that shot 51% from the field? Yeah, now I know you didn't watch the game. He and Josh Hart had the worst shooting percentage out of everyone that played

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

Only Kuzma shot decently? 4-12 Kuzma? On a team that shot 51% from the field? Yeah, now I know you didn't watch the game. He and Josh Hart had the worst shooting percentage out of everyone that played
I watched the whole game (seen both the Suns and Lakers games that Wolves played). I phrased it wrong because I meant in general when I watched you play, he is a chucker but he seems more capable of tough shots then the others.

Besides defensive, you have an issue with ball handlers, most spot up to shoot but not enough who can do something with the ball.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Brow has officially requested a trade.

As a fan of Kentucky basketball, and as the catalyst to our last National title, I hope he goes somewhere that gives him a real chance to win it all

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The NBA is about to get crazier. Curious timing, to demand it now, Celtics cant try for him now due to contract rules, only in off season, and not many teams who have enough assets to give away or he would want to re-sign with in 2020.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The NBA is about to get crazier. Curious timing, to demand it now, Celtics cant try for him now due to contract rules, only in off season, and not many teams who have enough assets to give away or he would want to re-sign with in 2020.

We already know which team is going to be the first to be mentioned. It kind of goes hand in hand with AD hiring Lebron's agent. I'm not implying that this is the landing spot, so don't jump down my throat. But I think that the only reason his agent announced this now is to give the lakers a head start before any other teams can come calling in the summer.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That goes without saying (the media been pimping him for you for months), but I don't see NO being in a hurry right now to take your young core. They have Randle, and they saw how your young players plus Randle looked like last year.

Its curious timing indeed. Lets see If an outside team makes a big offer. Let's see how it plays out. Mainly because Dell Demps is an awful GM so who knows what he succumbs to.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We already know which team is going to be the first to be mentioned. It kind of goes hand in hand with AD hiring Lebron's agent. I'm not implying that this is the landing spot, so don't jump down my throat. But I think that the only reason his agent announced this now is to give the lakers a head start before any other teams can come calling in the summer.
That and it allows New Orleans to start planning, listening, and working to get the best deal. It’s a win-win and a classy way to do it rather than waiting until the last minute.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That goes without saying (the media been pimping him for you for months), but I don't see NO being in a hurry right now to take your young core. They have Randle, and they saw how your young players plus Randle looked like last year.

Its curious timing indeed. Lets see If an outside team makes a big offer. Let's see how it plays out. Mainly because Dell Demps is an awful GM so who knows what he succumbs to.

That young core won 35 games in the west last year with Lonzo and BI each missing at least 20 games last season. I'm not saying its going to be enough to get a deal done, but don't make it sound like these kids were the core of a 10 win team last year.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to talk about a young core that sucks, look at Phoenix.

- - - Updated - - -

And this didn't take long.

First rumblings of an offer are Ball, Kuzma, Zubac, at least 1 #1 and KCP

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
How does that help New Orleans?
They get KD and maybe convince him to stay. He gets to start over and win a ring on his own.

Warriors get to replace KD with AD. Although if I’m the Warriors I try to keep KD, he’s a much better fit and player in general.

- - - Updated - - -

@cr7 think of what Raptors are doing with Kawhi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)