The NBA Thread (30 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I differentiate top level role players from game changing high impact talents like Simmons, who despite his non shooting ways can absolutely molest teams to oblivion. And if he stops the unacceptable unwillingness to improve his shot, and even becomes just below average at it, then he will be one of the best in the league. Especially when he learns he needs to attack way more and not just playmake at all times.

Sorry but Ball is not in this league of talent. He just isn't.

A point guard I see becoming the best at his position in few years is Fox, not Ball.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
No one thinks Ball is currently better than Simmons. I don't think Ball has a ceiling as high as Simmons either.

But Ball's ceiling is way higher than you give him credit for. And most of us who watch him in the majority of Lakers' games believe this, as do a large number of NBA pundits.

And calling people comparing Ball and Simmons laughable and then turning around and saying Fox could be the best PG in the league while Ball will struggle to be a legitimate 3rd option in the league is far more laughable. lol

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Fox is better now and will be even better then Ball in few years. This is offensive first league and his offense is waaaay ahead of Balls now that he had become a good shooter too. And he is creating super well too in this pace and space approach Kings play him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh please. He's playing on a team with absolutely no pressure to succeed, and where he gets to be primary ball-handler and has the highest usage rate on the team. Happens when you are the point guard on a team full of scrubs and rookies. Context and team makeup are important.

Ball had a far superior rookie season to Fox. Not even in the same stratosphere. Now he has ball-dominant players like Lebron and Rondo to share with, as well as Ingram still being there. Of course his numbers aren't going to to leap like Fox in a garbage Sacramento team, as a 21 year old in this Lakers team.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You didn't even answer my question. I'm not even going to bother anymore.
Not sure why he's so petty about Lonzo. A little ridiculous. Says Lonzo gets too much discussion, but most of the lengthy discussions about Ball here happen because of him trashing Ball.

Lonzo is clearly improving with each month of his career thus far.

Not going the path of Andrew Wiggins who has seen his shooting percentage in the past 4 seasons decline every year:

:hihi:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Not sure why he's so petty about Lonzo. A little ridiculous. Says Lonzo gets too much discussion, but most of the lengthy discussions about Ball here happen because of him trashing Ball.

Lonzo is clearly improving with each month of his career thus far.

Not going the path of Andrew Wiggins who has seen his shooting percentage in the past 4 seasons decline every year:

:hihi:
and lets not forget that hes doing it despite missing a lot of games consecutively on 3 different occasions last season (~30 in total), spending the summer on rehab from his injury and adding upper body strength (not much time to work on his game). once hes a consistent finisher around the rim (which will come, hes already MUCH better than last season on added strength alone) and distance shooter (above 35% on 3pts atleast, and hes 33% this season already), he will be an elite point guard. the next step then would be adding a floater and midrange jumper to get shots off over rim protecting bigs, but with the above mentioned qualites + with what he already has, hes excellent

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
and lets not forget that hes doing it despite missing a lot of games consecutively on 3 different occasions last season (~30 in total), spending the summer on rehab from his injury and adding upper body strength (not much time to work on his game). once hes a consistent finisher around the rim (which will come, hes already MUCH better than last season on added strength alone) and distance shooter (above 35% on 3pts atleast, and hes 33% this season already), he will be an elite point guard. the next step then would be adding a floater and midrange jumper to get shots off over rim protecting bigs, but with the above mentioned qualites + with what he already has, hes excellent
:tup:

This is his finishing around the rim, last season and this one. Huge improvement already. 10% better in the restricted area and 7% better on layups.

2017-18
Restricted Area: 47.9% (80/167)
Layups: 42.6% (66/155)
Dunks: 15

2018-19
Restricted Area: 57.5% (88/153)
Layups: 49.6% (61/123)
Dunks: 25

@CR 7

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:tup:

This is his finishing around the rim, last season and this one. Huge improvement already. 10% better in the restricted area and 7% better on layups.

2017-18
Restricted Area: 47.9% (80/167)
Layups: 42.6% (66/155)
Dunks: 15

2018-19
Restricted Area: 57.5% (88/153)
Layups: 49.6% (61/123)
Dunks: 25

@CR 7
nice. now imagine if he wasnt rushing them layups because he panics when seeing a shot blocker like he sometimes does, or throwing them up offbalanced and on his way down ruining the momentum. and these things can be fixed quite easily, and can be further improved on repeating them constantly, so hes definitely getting better if hes willing to put in the work

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
damn, Butler and Embiid in the 4th qt almost got them the win there after being way back, but Paul George with the 4point play at the end settles the deal. with Westbrook on the bench (fouled out)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Man. Lakers up 17 in the 3rd, Ball with 8 points-11 assists- 1 steal - 1 block, doing a great job shutting down Harden, and then Ball sprains his ankle and lead evaporates, Harden goes off for 24 points in the last 20 minutes with Ball off the floor.

Can't get a break with these injuries. Still should have won though. Not sure why they weren't getting the ball to Kuzma more in the 4th. And now OT again. :sergio:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
freakin Gordon :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

Man. Lakers up 17 in the 3rd, Ball with 8 points-11 assists- 1 steal - 1 block, doing a great job shutting down Harden, and then Ball sprains his ankle and lead evaporates, Harden goes off for 24 points in the last 20 minutes with Ball off the floor.

Can't get a break with these injuries. Still should have won though. Not sure why they weren't getting the ball to Kuzma more in the 4th. And now OT again. :sergio:
11 assists, 1 TO in 21 minutes. now we are without James, Rondo AND Ball for God knows how long.

- - - Updated - - -

Zubac tho, 9/9 from the FT line

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Why do I need counter argument? I watch both players, Simmons is ELITE level talent despite the huge shooting weakness. If you wanna cap him and Philly's ceiling against other franchise level top talents, I get it. But not when the comparison is Lonzo friggin Ball. That's just a bad joke. He is lucky if he turns into a legit 3rd option.

Yeah, I can’t believe what I’m reading. Lonzo is a good role player at best, Simmons is an all star at worst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)