The NBA Thread (23 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
At what point do 76ers fans get genuinely upset at the fact that Ben Simmons appears to have done nothing to correct his biggest weakness, despite being in his third year in the league. At least Lonzo is trying, both with building up his body and adjusting his shot. Simmons can't shoot beyond 10 feet.

And I'm not saying this to try to be a wiseass, but I would be genuinely pissed off at Simmons. He spent his offseason hanging around one of those Jenner chicks.

- - - Updated - - -

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Simmons is still way better overall talent and player, I mean, you guys cant seriously be thinking its arguable to prefer Ball over him?
Where did you read that we prefer him over Simmons? Please, Enlighten me.

- - - Updated - - -

What we DID say is that its embarrassing that the one thing that is the major deficiency in his game, he has not even come close to addressing. And he has been in the league for three years. At least Lonzo has put the work in to try to get better at it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Where did you read that we prefer him over Simmons? Please, Enlighten me.
Zizinho talking like only athleticism is difference between last page, and you guys keep comparing them like it's not a significant difference between in overall ability no matter how it's sliced. Even if both are bad shooters or inexistent shooter in Simmons case.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Zizinho talking like only athleticism is difference between last page, and you guys keep comparing them like it's not a significant difference between in overall ability no matter how it's sliced. Even if both are bad shooters or inexistent shooter in Simmons case.

I will tell you this. Until Simmons learns how to shoot, Philadelphia's ceiling is capped. Lonzo may not be the most consistent outside shooter right now, but he's getting better at it, and Philadelphia, and especially Embiid, would take their game to another level if Simmons even had Lonzo's 3 point shooting abiloity right now

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Simmons is still way better overall talent and player, I mean, you guys cant seriously be thinking its arguable to prefer Ball over him?
what exactly is he better at then? like i mentioned above, hes the better athlete and better finisher around the rim. defensively, from what ive seen from both, Simmons is better at rebounding, help defense and rim protection, while Lonzo is the better on-man perimeter defender. shooter? Lonzo. playmaking? arguably Simmons. handling? Simmons. passing? Lonzo. court vision? Lonzo. Simmons thrives in a team with shooters and Embiid, where he is allowed to drive and attack the rim/kick out to shooters. Lonzo is completely different in the role he plays 1st off. hes not as good at finishing (yet). but hes 6-6, quick, fast and as he gets stronger and improves his finishing, he will get there. will Simmons ever be a good 3pt shooter though? i think 5 years from now, Lonzo is the better player

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

John Wall
Damian Lillard
Kemba Walker
Kyle Lowry
Mike Conley
Russell Westbrook

Those are the career FG% of those Point Guards, and none of them with the exception of westbrook has the combination of vision, defense, or rebounding skills that Ball has. And are we to assume that Lonzo reaching 43% FG percentage is a pipe dream? He's already improved by 4% this year alone.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why do I need counter argument? I watch both players, Simmons is ELITE level talent despite the huge shooting weakness. If you wanna cap him and Philly's ceiling against other franchise level top talents, I get it. But not when the comparison is Lonzo friggin Ball. That's just a bad joke. He is lucky if he turns into a legit 3rd option.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

John Wall
Damian Lillard
Kemba Walker
Kyle Lowry
Mike Conley
Russell Westbrook

Those are the career FG% of those Point Guards, and none of them with the exception of westbrook has the combination of vision, defense, or rebounding skills that Ball has. And are we to assume that Lonzo reaching 43% FG percentage is a pipe dream? He's already improved by 4% this year alone.

:howler:

Despite the 5 year criteria, that's homerism at its finest bro.

So let me ask you this, and be objective. If, say, Lonzo can get his FG% up to the levels of the aforementioned point guards. When combined with everything else that he does at a near elite level already, what would be his weakness or weaknesses at that point?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do I need counter argument? I watch both players, Simmons is ELITE level talent despite the huge shooting weakness. If you wanna cap him and Philly's ceiling against other franchise level top talents, I get it. But not when the comparison is Lonzo friggin Ball. That's just a bad joke. He is lucky if he turns into a legit 3rd option.

Was Jason Kidd ever a 3rd option? No, but he's a hall of famer

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

so you diagree with what i wrote above then i assume, or you just skipped past that and continued with being petty on Ball

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I differentiate top level role players from game changing high impact talents like Simmons, who despite his non shooting ways can absolutely molest teams to oblivion. And if he stops the unacceptable unwillingness to improve his shot, and even becomes just below average at it, then he will be one of the best in the league. Especially when he learns he needs to attack way more and not just playmake at all times.

Sorry but Ball is not in this league of talent. He just isn't.

A point guard I see becoming the best at his position in few years is Fox, not Ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)