The NBA Thread (72 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It would be smart to let Lonzo run the offense when Lebron gets back, and have James play more off the ball. It will cut down on the toll on his body as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Lonzo :tuttosport:
Kuzma :tuttosport:
Zubac :tuttosport:
non shooting Ingram :tuttosport:
KCP, Hart & Svi :tuttosport:
KCP- Who cares, gone after this year anyway

The ages of the players who beat the Thunder on the road in OT last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring Lebron back into the picture.

And the fact that they will have a max slot available next year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I really want to like the Lakers, but it's just hard with LeBum and Lonzo there. Kuzma is amazing tho.

I can understand why because of Lebron, but why Lonzo? When he is locked in, he's a joy to watch. The ultimate team player. IF it's because of his dad, that is just a bunch of white noise. You'll notice that you've heard nothing from him this year

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It would be smart to let Lonzo run the offense when Lebron gets back, and have James play more off the ball. It will cut down on the toll on his body as well.

- - - Updated - - -

KCP- Who cares, gone after this year anyway

The ages of the players who beat the Thunder on the road in OT last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring Lebron back into the picture.

And the fact that they will have a max slot available next year.
i thought that was the plan going into the season, playing Lebron more off ball i mean. there are even articles about this in the summer mentioning its Lebron that wants it, but so far that hasnt happened. hope its about to change, cuz this Lebron injury highlighted again how special Lonzo can be. hes so much more than a great defender who brings the ball up, passes to Lebron, sets a screen and goes stand in the corner.

yeah, the ages are crazy. these kids are 4-5 years away from even entering their primes, yet they are beating Westbrook&George led Thunder on the road. we were close to doing it even without Kuzma last time as well. but the story of the season so far, ever since that Pelicans game, is Zubac. hes not our best player, but from the others you kinda expect the stuff they are doing. he on the other hand, early in the season looked like he got lost on his way to the bus station and ended up on an NBA court somehow asking for directions. freakin Jonathon Williams was taking away his minutes. then Thomas Bryant playing great for Washington made me wonder what the hell we were thinking here. but Zu kept working hard and being ready waiting for his moment, and took advantage. really glad for the kid.

oh and Svi should play more, should have played much more to this point already. guy is a straight up shooter (and is pretty good in some other areas as well) who just needs to get used to the NBA game and build confidence, which was hard to do when he played 2-3 minutes every now and then, and being subbed out as soon as he made a mistake. not sure what to think about Wagner and Bonga yet, Wagner was out injured until recently and Bonga wont have much playing time until next season i think, so early to tell. but the other 6 kids, i absolutely love them all.

and not to forget, lol at Paul George

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can understand why because of Lebron, but why Lonzo? When he is locked in, he's a joy to watch. The ultimate team player. IF it's because of his dad, that is just a bunch of white noise. You'll notice that you've heard nothing from him this year
I don't know. I feel Lonzo is a tad overrated and a bit soft. He's definitely a good player who enjoys massive potential, but I don't know Bro.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't know. I feel Lonzo is a tad overrated and a bit soft. He's definitely a good player who enjoys massive potential, but I don't know Bro.

I wouldn't call him soft. I would say that he's overly chill on the basketball court. Since you are a Magic fan, you might have seen the game against the Lakers where there was one sequence where Lonzo defended 4 different positions in 24 seconds, and ended up with the steal. I don't think that is someone that can be labelled as soft. If he can get consistency on his outside shot, he can definitely average 15-17 ppg along with his other numbers that he already has. It's not that he can't shoot. He's smart enough to know that if he can't make them he won't try. He just has to be more consistent. Re-working that shot of his is not going to happen in one season, but there has been improvement this year just in his percentages.

I'm going to see if I can find video footage of that

- - - Updated - - -

Go to 1:51 in the video, and you'll see what I mean

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I wouldn't call him soft. I would say that he's overly chill on the basketball court. Since you are a Magic fan, you might have seen the game against the Lakers where there was one sequence where Lonzo defended 4 different positions in 24 seconds, and ended up with the steal. I don't think that is someone that can be labelled as soft. If he can get consistency on his outside shot, he can definitely average 15-17 ppg along with his other numbers that he already has. It's not that he can't shoot. He's smart enough to know that if he can't make them he won't try. He just has to be more consistent. Re-working that shot of his is not going to happen in one season, but there has been improvement this year just in his percentages.

I'm going to see if I can find video footage of that

- - - Updated - - -

Go to 1:51 in the video, and you'll see what I mean
I remember that :D

He's definitely got potential, but I'm still not sold.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I remember that :D

He's definitely got potential, but I'm still not sold.
If you look at it objectively, what is holding him back is consistency in his shot. His vision, defense, playmaking, rebounding, handles are all well above average. He's never going to be a 20 ppg scorer, that just isn't how he is.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Lonzo is definitely overrated. From what I’ve seen he’s very streaky and has games where he might as well not be on the field. And his shooting is literally the worst I’ve ever seen. Dude is a 3d round pick at best being hyped up because he’s a Laker.

.486% True shooting percentage
.417% free throw percentage

How do you explain that free throw shooting?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The worst you've ever seen? Then you never saw Jason Kidd early in his career, or Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion, or Derek Fisher.

All of them had shots that looked worse than Lonzo's adjusted shot for this season.

- - - Updated - - -

And he would have further tweaked his shot this offseason if not for the PRP procedure he had to have done in the summer.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The worst you've ever seen? Then you never saw Jason Kidd early in his career, or Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion, or Derek Fisher.

All of them had shots that looked worse than Lonzo's adjusted shot for this season.

- - - Updated - - -

And he would have further tweaked his shot this offseason if not for the PRP procedure he had to have done in the summer.
All the ones you mentioned have better free throw percent better than Lonzo’s. Even Shaq had better FT numbers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
the FTs are the worst thing about his game and thats something easily fixable on him. currently, hes shooting FTs wrongly, he doesent bend his knees and rushes the shot. FTs are as much about concentration as they are about shooting touch, so hes gonna need to establish a routine as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All the ones you mentioned have better free throw percent better than Lonzo’s. Even Shaq had better FT numbers.

I'm not disagreeing that the FT % is a problem. But that can be fixed. He was never like this in college, so it leads me to think it is a mental issue. He was 67% from the FT line in college. You bring up numbers in your previous argument, but you didn't mention that Lonzo's FG and 3 PT % are up 4 and 3 percent respectively from last year. His true FG % is up almost 5% from last year.

I would be concerned if the numbers were trending downward or at best, staying at they were last year. But they are getting better, and the more he refines that shot in the offseason, the results should be better in his 3rd year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 62)