The NBA Thread (66 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but 3/4 of these have player options, 1st we dont even know if they gonna take them? and if they do take them, they all will be on expiring contracts on 6, 12, 14 and 24 million, i think they could trade either of them if they wanted. add James, Westbrook and Melo for example, or if CP3 is still there then without Westbrook, some veterans on paycut (Wade?), few role player and they have a good team. the Lakers are obviously better off as they have a young core (all would be entering or already entered their primes around the same time), and could be in position to be contenders soon with one star signing, but with so much cap space and such a great free agency class in 2018, cant write the Clippers off. if they can add West, id be worried tbh
You are really reaching on this. You know that, right? How good would James, Melo, and CP3, all who would be well north of 30 at this time next year, playing together, when all of them need to be ball dominant?

You know why KD worked out so well for GS? It's because he doesn't need the ball in his hands.

Now that I think about it, I hope the Clippers DO in fact do this. It would be a train wreck.

And who is going to want 40 year old Jamal Crawford, or a scrub like Wesley Johnson in a trade? The Clippers would have to give up other assets to make that work, and as already mentioned, they don't have any. If I'm Crawford, Johnson, and Rivers, hell yeah I pick up my player option.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You are really reaching on this. You know that, right? How good would James, Melo, and CP3, all who would be well north of 30 at this time next year, playing together, when all of them need to be ball dominant?

You know why KD worked out so well for GS? It's because he doesn't need the ball in his hands.

Now that I think about it, I hope the Clippers DO in fact do this. It would be a train wreck.

And who is going to want 40 year old Jamal Crawford, or a scrub like Wesley Johnson in a trade? The Clippers would have to give up other assets to make that work, and as already mentioned, they don't have any. If I'm Crawford, Johnson, and Rivers, hell yeah I pick up my player option.
Teams that suck and are trying to free up cap space for 2019 would go for such players.

It doesent even have to be those 3, i listed a few others too. What if they get Westbrook and George with James? Or Westbrook, George, Cousins. Point is, they are in a position to have a basically empty salary sheet, in a star loaded free agency. Last time this was the case, we got the big 3 in Miami. But lets see what they do with Paul and Griffin 1st

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Teams that suck and are trying to free up cap space for 2019 would go for such players.

It doesent even have to be those 3, i listed a few others too. What if they get Westbrook and George with James? Or Westbrook, George, Cousins. Point is, they are in a position to have a basically empty salary sheet, in a star loaded free agency. Last time this was the case, we got the big 3 in Miami. But lets see what they do with Paul and Griffin 1st
No they won't go for such players without something valuable attached to it. Which I have said several times already that the Clippers do not have that. So taking on that type of salary to do the Clippers a favor won't happen.

And the big difference with Miami and the Clippers is

A) Wade was already there, so there was a sense of continuity

B) That was a 27 year old James back then. He'll be 34. And I don't care about him being a great athlete. Kobe kept himself in the absolute best shape any athlete could. And then he became 34, with thousands of more minutes in his legs than the average 34 year old. And we all saw what happened. I'm not saying that it will happen with James, but the chances of it happening are good. Th similarities are astounding.

C) Wade had no issue deferring to Lebron because he knew that he wouldn't be the best player on the Heat. What makes anyone think that George, and especially Westbrook would be so quick to defer like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Whomever thought of this deserves a raise :lol: :rofl: :howler:
@zizinho @Osman @Post Ironic @acmilan @ALC

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Spot on :lol: They soooo good at milking the Lavar angle :D

I mean ffs Jimmy Kimmel and talk shows dont even want to interview Lonzo on his own, Lavar had to follow suit (he was hilarious, dumb and needy too, but hilarious), like he cant be ANYWHERE without his dad lol.

But then again, why would a major talk show even invite draft prospect? They usually wait til they are NBA players. But the Ball buzz and phenom is unheard of for any draft to date. Only big hoopla for draft I remember is that that guy who was a bust for Cavs in early 00s, forgot his name but he was in all covers like he was the shit.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No they won't go for such players without something valuable attached to it. Which I have said several times already that the Clippers do not have that. So taking on that type of salary to do the Clippers a favor won't happen.

And the big difference with Miami and the Clippers is

A) Wade was already there, so there was a sense of continuity

B) That was a 27 year old James back then. He'll be 34. And I don't care about him being a great athlete. Kobe kept himself in the absolute best shape any athlete could. And then he became 34, with thousands of more minutes in his legs than the average 34 year old. And we all saw what happened. I'm not saying that it will happen with James, but the chances of it happening are good. Th similarities are astounding.

C) Wade had no issue deferring to Lebron because he knew that he wouldn't be the best player on the Heat. What makes anyone think that George, and especially Westbrook would be so quick to defer like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Whomever thought of this deserves a raise :lol: :rofl: :howler:
@zizinho @Osman @Post Ironic @acmilan @ALC

ffs :lol:

"And fishing, we went fishing a lot" :rofl: perfect

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
LeBron likely to join Lakers or Clippers if he leaves Cavs in 2018 (Woj)
As big a fan of Lebron as you know I am, I truly hope the Lakers don't go for him at 34 years old.

The only way it works is if the rebuild is done, and it's Lebron with a core of young star players for the future. Not some kind of ridiculous aging superstars last huzzah. I don't see him going for that. And I don't want the Lakers to sacrifice the future for a 2-3 year championship window with Lebron and his geriatric buddies from 2018-2021.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
As big a fan of Lebron as you know I am, I truly hope the Lakers don't go for him at 34 years old.

The only way it works is if the rebuild is done, and it's Lebron with a core of young star players for the future. Not some kind of ridiculous aging superstars last huzzah. I don't see him going for that. And I don't want the Lakers to sacrifice the future for a 2-3 year championship window with Lebron and his geriatric buddies from 2018-2021.
When you put it that way, agreed. But if you look back in this thread, you can find posts of me where im for bringing him here, under certain conditions. 1) he isnt allowed to pick out who he wants to play with and whos the coach 2) we have Ingram at 3, so hed play Pf like he did im Miami (very successfully i might add) and 3) hed have to fit into the system, not the system to fit around him. I see Walton trying to replicate the Warriors in how they play, great team defense, lots of moving the ball on offense, cuts, shooting... James can fit into it if he wants to (imagine having a Draymond Green, just 100x better), hes intelligent and good enough to do so, hed have to sacrifice time on the ball and some stats though.

If hes willing to make adjustments like that, to help this young core become contenders within a year or 2, then welcome. If he wants that BS that i read about playing with Wade, Melo, CP3 and go for a last ring chase, let the Clippers have him

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Anyone who is a fan of the NBA should be watching the 30 for 30 series "Lakers-Celtics: Best of Enemies"

It is so deep that they had to do it in 3 parts.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
When you put it that way, agreed. But if you look back in this thread, you can find posts of me where im for bringing him here, under certain conditions. 1) he isnt allowed to pick out who he wants to play with and whos the coach 2) we have Ingram at 3, so hed play Pf like he did im Miami (very successfully i might add) and 3) hed have to fit into the system, not the system to fit around him. I see Walton trying to replicate the Warriors in how they play, great team defense, lots of moving the ball on offense, cuts, shooting... James can fit into it if he wants to (imagine having a Draymond Green, just 100x better), hes intelligent and good enough to do so, hed have to sacrifice time on the ball and some stats though.

If hes willing to make adjustments like that, to help this young core become contenders within a year or 2, then welcome. If he wants that BS that i read about playing with Wade, Melo, CP3 and go for a last ring chase, let the Clippers have him
:tup:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
So Lebron lost a final again huh. In fact he lost most of them.
Makes me feel good. Same set of values as Juve :tup:
When reality settles in and you realize you are never gonna reach Jordan

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who is a fan of the NBA should be watching the 30 for 30 series "Lakers-Celtics: Best of Enemies"

It is so deep that they had to do it in 3 parts.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 62)