The NBA Thread (25 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This series was meant to be like this. There was no way that Cleveland could hang. The big difference in this series is the fact that with Golden State, you can count on their big 4 doing their jobs. With Cleveland, you can count on James and Irving and HOPE that Love shows up.

You're never going to win if that is the case.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This series was meant to be like this. There was no way that Cleveland could hang. The big difference in this series is the fact that with Golden State, you can count on their big 4 doing their jobs. With Cleveland, you can count on James and Irving and HOPE that Love shows up.

Remember when Kobe beat Bostons big4? Ah, those were times :touched:

Btw, ive read that LeBron will go to Lakers or Clippers in 2018 free agency today. Wonder what thats all about

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Remember when Kobe beat Bostons big4? Ah, those were times :touched:

Btw, ive read that LeBron will go to Lakers or Clippers in 2018 free agency today. Wonder what thats all about
I really hope that it is not the Lakers. He'll be what, 34? What good will that do? How about if he just stays in Cleveland. Going to the Clippers would make more sense if thy manage to keep a hold of Paul an Griffin. If not, then that situation will actually be worse than the Lakers, because they have NO young players whatsoever to write home about.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Would be legendary, greatest comebacks of all times, and the tears would be delicious.
I don't think anyone here thinks this series is over by any means:

Look mate, with the master of clutch that LeBron is, nothing is over yet. Here is one very plausible scenario that will see him win another title:
1) KD hurts his knee and is done for good
2) Curry hurts his ankle and is hobbled for the rest of the playoffs
3) Adam Silver suspends Green indefinitely for staring too long at Lebron

And there you go - Cavs turn this series around and LeBron gets celebrated by the millennials out there - aka generation fucknuts - as the GOAT over Jordan.

If that scenario sounds familiar, well, it should ...
- - - Updated - - -

High expectations are the heat Lebron has to deal with if he wants to hang in Jordan's kitchen.
Of course there was a way for Cavs to hang in this series. They play really bad D, in big part thanks to his Majesty, who is downright useless in both effort and ability defensively and that often confuses his teammates as to who they should cover.
The fact of the matter is, MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe would have rallied their team and at least made this a series, not have their ass in a sling and facing a 2nd Finals sweep in their career.
In reality, those teams back in those days, would have bitch-slapped the Warriors off the court.
And even last year, Lebron was facing a 4-1 ass-whopping but Bogut got injured (leaving the Warriors without a big man inside), Curry was playing on a bad ankle thruout the playoffs, and then Green got suspended for ratings, allowing Lebron and the Cavs to take a key game 5 in Oakland and turn the series around.
If not for that, that last year was a 4-1 beat-down in the making, with no KD being part of the picture. That's on top of the sweep he is facing now and the sweep he already has on his resume.
Can you honestly envision any other true greats of basketball getting tossed around in an NBA final series? I don't.
Don't get me wrong - I think Lebron is a great player, but this talk about him being a top 5 all-time, let alone the GOAT, is simply laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the times when big 3 was something...
And I remember when being great actually meant being great and making your teammates elevate above their own, individual limitations.
Today, all-time greatness is measured in how many stats you can pad vs a lame league, lacking any competition whatsoever bar one team.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I really hope that it is not the Lakers. He'll be what, 34? What good will that do? How about if he just stays in Cleveland. Going to the Clippers would make more sense if thy manage to keep a hold of Paul an Griffin. If not, then that situation will actually be worse than the Lakers, because they have NO young players whatsoever to write home about.
I wouldnt mind tbh, but only if he plays PF again like he did for Miami. Lets face it, the guy is a freak od nature, and at age 34 will most likely still be in great shape. I said only if he plays PF because im not sold on either Randle or Nance yet, but Ingram will be the real deal who we should build around, together with Lonzo. But thats speculation at this point since a lot can happen in 12 months, what about now? Ive read on a local NBA forum that the Lakers could trade Russell for the 3rd pick to Phila. Make that trade and get Lonzo AND J.Jackson? Or is it BS because Magic said Ingram is the only untouchable and now everyone is looking for trade destinations for Russell

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I wouldnt mind tbh, but only if he plays PF again like he did for Miami. Lets face it, the guy is a freak od nature, and at age 34 will most likely still be in great shape. I said only if he plays PF because im not sold on either Randle or Nance yet, but Ingram will be the real deal who we should build around, together with Lonzo. But thats speculation at this point since a lot can happen in 12 months, what about now? Ive read on a local NBA forum that the Lakers could trade Russell for the 3rd pick to Phila. Make that trade and get Lonzo AND J.Jackson? Or is it BS because Magic said Ingram is the only untouchable and now everyone is looking for trade destinations for Russell
I'm not so quick to give up on D'Angelo, to be honest. He's still only 21 and could thrive as an off guard. Unless he is insistent on being a PG. Then if that is the case, and they do get Lonzo, then make the trade with Philly, then turn around and trade that pick to Sacramento for the 5 and 10 so that the Kings can get Fox. The Kings reportedly are trying to get Fox at all costs. Grab Malik Monk at #5 and whomever at #10.

And I'm still against a 34 year old Lebron playing for the Lakers.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I don't see why Lebron would want to go to the Lakers, tbh. He is looking to win titles now, so he'd be looking for a team that's in 'win-now' mode. Clippers make much more sense to me, from that perspective.
At this point, wouldn't be completely shocked if he landed with GSW too, tbh.

Draft class looks to be a very, very good one this year. I don't think one could go wrong with either one of who I think are the top guys - Fultz, Jackson, Lonzo, Fox, Monk. And there is plenty more excellent prospects even after that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't see why Lebron would want to go to the Lakers, tbh. He is looking to win titles now, so he'd be looking for a team that's in 'win-now' mode. Clippers make much more sense to me, from that perspective.

Draft class looks to be a very, very good one this year. I don't think one could go wrong with either one of who I think are the top guys - Fultz, Jackson, Lonzo, Fox, Monk. And there is plenty more excellent prospects even after that.
Unless they somehow got Paul George as well (Much better chance of that happening than Lebron), then it would make no sense. As far as the Clippers go, I guess it would depend on if they could keep Paul and/or Griffin. If they lose one or both, then there is no motivation to join the Clippers, as thy have no young talent at all.

This is the deepest draft class in a very long time.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Unless they somehow got Paul George as well (Much better chance of that happening than Lebron), then it would make no sense. As far as the Clippers go, I guess it would depend on if they could keep Paul and/or Griffin. If they lose one or both, then there is no motivation to join the Clippers, as thy have no young talent at all.

This is the deepest draft class in a very long time.
Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of CP3 and Griffin staying with the clips. As for George, I think it would make more sense for Lebron to bring him to Cavs as opposed to go start a full rebuild together in LA.
I like the path the Lakers are on but their talent is still young and unrefined and will take 2-3 years to develop, imo, years Lebron doesn't have. And I doubt he thinks he could challenge the GSW with George only by his side - LBJ will look to surround himself with as much star power as possible, even more so than past years to take on KD and the splash bros.
Fully expect some sort of a trade this summer between Cavs and Pacers - say Love and someone else for George.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm not so quick to give up on D'Angelo, to be honest. He's still only 21 and could thrive as an off guard. Unless he is insistent on being a PG. Then if that is the case, and they do get Lonzo, then make the trade with Philly, then turn around and trade that pick to Sacramento for the 5 and 10 so that the Kings can get Fox. The Kings reportedly are trying to get Fox at all costs. Grab Malik Monk at #5 and whomever at #10.

And I'm still against a 34 year old Lebron playing for the Lakers.
I have no idea about anyone in the draft other than the top3 and Kurucs (and Fox who you mentioned recently), so i have no idea if Russell for 5th+10th would be worth it. gonna have to trust your opinion on Monk. But i think we have enough young pieces anyway so id even consider trading the 28th pick if someone would take Mozgov and Deng with it (Nets?)

- - - Updated - - -

But James wouldnt leave now but in 2018. If Lonzo and Ingram explode, and with enough cap space in 2018, Lakers are definitely in a better position than the Clippers, who are too old and full of injuries to compete

- - - Updated - - -

CP3 should go to the Pelicans and take Redick with him. Their bigs are much better than Griffin and Jordan

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I think there is talk about Lebron leaving the Cavs now, unless he can get someone like George to join him in Cleveland.
Also, with youngsters these days - only 1 year in college and whatnot - the development process usually takes longer, 3-4 years at least as they are basically kids when brought into the NBA and need to mature both mentally and physically before they can become difference makers, if at all. That's at the foundation of lack of competition in today's NBA.
Anyways, I doubt Ingram/Lonzo would be ready to carry Lebron to a title until at least 2020, and that's assuming they actually realize their potential, which is no sure thing at all.
Lebron needs ready, sure-thing star players now, or at least whatever passes for stardom these days anyway i.e. Butler, George, etc and he needs them ASAP.
As for Lakers vs Clips, I agree that the Lakers are in a better position from the standpoint of long-term planning. Lebron is thinking short term, however, 'cause his career clock is ticking.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think there is talk about Lebron leaving the Cavs now, unless he can get someone like George to join him in Cleveland.
Also, with youngsters these days - only 1 year in college and whatnot - the development process usually takes longer, 3-4 years at least as they are basically kids when brought into the NBA and need to mature both mentally and physically before they can become difference makers, if at all. That's at the foundation of lack of competition in today's NBA.
Anyways, I doubt Ingram/Lonzo would be ready to carry Lebron to a title until at least 2020, and that's assuming they actually realize their potential, which is no sure thing at all.
Lebron needs ready, sure-thing star players now, or at least whatever passes for stardom these days anyway i.e. Butler, George, etc and he needs them ASAP.
As for Lakers vs Clips, I agree that the Lakers are in a better position from the standpoint of long-term planning. Lebron is thinking short term, however, 'cause his career clock is ticking.
I forgot who said it, but they described the 1 an done situation perfectly.

They said that NBA teams are getting eggs with these kids, when what they really need are omelets. The NBA has to do all of the heavy lifting for developing.

Before, they were getting omelets.

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron will not be going to a team where most of the starting 5 aren't even of legal drinking age. Even after next year, that would still be the case.

Let's say the Lakers draft Ball and Keep Russell. Here are the ages of their starting 5 as of opening night.

Ball-19
Russell-21
Randle-22
Ingram- 20
Zubac- 20

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Dennis smith jr will be a stud, predict he will become better then few of the top 5 if perhaps not all (except Fulltz).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I forgot who said it, but they described the 1 an done situation perfectly.

They said that NBA teams are getting eggs with these kids, when what they really need are omelets. The NBA has to do all of the heavy lifting for developing.

Before, they were getting omelets.

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron will not be going to a team where most of the starting 5 aren't even of legal drinking age. Even after next year, that would still be the case.

Let's say the Lakers draft Ball and Keep Russell. Here are the ages of their starting 5 as of opening night.

Ball-19
Russell-21
Randle-22
Ingram- 20
Zubac- 20
Also, when you bring in kids that young into the NBA, it's not just the time for them to develop that increases significantly. The bust potential also goes up because the pressure and expectations the pro game puts on them would often be too much and will disturb the natural developmental process, so to speak, which takes place primarily at the college level (boys turning into men).
So, while those kids may have the talent, said talent may well remain un- or under-developed.

On top of that, if you are a GM/scout in the NBA, your job of properly evaluating the draft talent is much more difficult, with a lot more room for error, when you are trying to project a 19 yo kid to the NBA game as opposed to evaluating how a young man at 22 yo would fair with the pros. The level of not just physical but also mental/psychological development is just different. In the case of drafting a 19 yo, you are trying to make a projection for 5-6 years down the road when you have very little information to go on. When drafting a 22 yo, however, you have more info to stand on and the projection is for 2-3 years down the road.

Thus, poor teams, drafting at the top of the draft, whose hopes of turning into contenders lie with that high draft pick, are much more likely to remain stuck at the bottom of the league because those high picks way too often take too long to develop or bust out altogether.

Hence why the NBA these days lacks both in true star players and competition. The talent may be there but it takes too long to develop or remains under-developed, in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Dennis smith jr will be a stud, predict he will become better then few of the top 5 if perhaps not all (except Fulltz).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
I can see that happen. Lots of talented prospects in this year's draft.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
But they would have cap space for another star player (no idea whos even available bar Bron and George), and while Ingram and Ball wont be near their prime, i see them as very good starting caliber players after a year where they will be carrying this team. Them 2, Bron, another star, and they have enough pieces that can develop into or be used to create a good enough bench too. If they can trade Mozgov and Deng, i definitely see them give it a try

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
But they would have cap space for another star player (no idea whos even available bar Bron and George), and while Ingram and Ball wont be near their prime, i see them as very good starting caliber players after a year where they will be carrying this team. Them 2, Bron, another star, and they have enough pieces that can develop into or be used to create a good enough bench too. If they can trade Mozgov and Deng, i definitely see them give it a try
You are a Lakers fan, right? :D
The main problem I see with that plan of yours is that Lebron is a Lebron fan, not a Lakers fan :p

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You are a Lakers fan, right? :D
The main problem I see with that plan of yours is that Lebron is a Lebron fan, not a Lakers fan :p
Yeah i am :D

I know LeBron, he will jump ship on the 1st opportunity he gets and leave a wasteland behind, so id only be OK with him if he doesent force us to trade our talented pieces to get his best buddies to LA, and try to run the show as GM. If hes willing to be a pro like in Miami, leave the coaching to Luke, leave the office work for Magic, then i think we could get 2 good years our of him. But i realize the likelyhood od this happening is Slim :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 15)