The NBA Thread (89 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lebron is not Kobe though. hes bigger, stronger, faster and he can be effective still without his athleticism, with his passing. if he doesent suffer a major injury he can last another 5 years easily.

having said that, 36M for a year? is the salary cap increasing again?
No, that is what he will be making in the last year of his contract.

And Kobe was far from injury prone.

Until he turned 34

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But yet you want him to come to the Lakers
You honestly saying LeBron isn't good enough for shitty ass Lakers? You in a luxury position to worry about wether you can decide 4th quarters and dismiss a legend who has 7 finals in a row lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
No, that is what he will be making in the last year of his contract.

And Kobe was far from injury prone.

Until he turned 34
I think Lebron needs to lose muscle mass to improve his endurance now that he is in his mid 30s. Mucsles weigh a lot more than any other connective tissue and that's why heavily muscled people/athletes lack endurance. Think a 100-meter sprinter vs a long-distance runner.
I don't think it's by chance that Lebron has always had endurance problems, especially towards the end of a season, late in games ... and not just at this stage of his career but earlier, when he was younger, as well.
Being heavier and more heavily muscled helps him get to the rim in this defense-free era of basket but, now that he is getting up there in age, I do think his mass will start hurting his endurance even more than before.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You honestly saying LeBron isn't good enough for shitty ass Lakers? You in a luxury position to worry about wether you can decide 4th quarters and dismiss a legend who has 7 finals in a row lol.

I don't want a 34 year old Lebron James, at 36 million per year. Yes, that is what I am saying. That is how old he will be at the beginning of the 2018-19 season. And let's also keep in mind that a lot of these contracts for these kids that we already have will be coming due for renewal.

Oh, and as far as the "shitty ass Lakers" comment goes. Look in the mirror with your Timberwolves. Those #1 picks that you have and the seasoned coach that you have.

Only 5 more wins than the Lakers

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

The whole "7 finals in a row" thing was achieved primarily in a period where there wasn't even basic, half-assed opposition to Lebron's hand-picked super teams in the Eastern Conf. So, let's not make it a stuff of legends. It won't be that easy to make the NBA finals in the West with GSW and Spurs being there.

As for why Sergio doesn;t want Lebron on the Lakers, it's because for Lebron to win, he needs to pad his surroundings with ready-made super stars, which you will not find on the Lakers. The Lakers have a lot of promising talent o n their roster but those guys are a good 3-4 years away from being impactful players and by then Lebron will be done for good.

Getting Lebron on the Lakers now represents two problems:
1) You will never convince him to do it in the first place, because he will be looking to assemble yet another Madden-level team, which the Lakers cannot provide, at least not in their current form.
2) His presence will interfere with the growth and playing time of those youngsters - let;s not pretend Lebron doesn't want to have the say in who plays, who plays where and how often. And in the meantime he won't be winning the Lakers any titles anyway becasue the players they have now aren't ready yet.

That is, to accommodate the BS of an ageing player, who may very well no longer be good enough to beat GSW or the Spurs anyway, they will have to blow up a very promising rebuild project they have going on right now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The whole "7 finals in a row" thing was achieved primarily in a period where there wasn't even basic, half-assed opposition to Lebron's hand-picked super teams in the Eastern Conf. So, let's not make it a stuff of legends. It won't be that easy to make the NBA finals in the West with GSW and Spurs being there.

As for why Sergio doesn;t want Lebron on the Lakers, it's because for Lebron to win, he needs to pad his surroundings with ready-made super stars, which you will not find on the Lakers. The Lakers have a lot of promising talent o n their roster but those guys are a good 3-4 years away from being impactful players and by then Lebron will be done for good.

Getting Lebron on the Lakers now represents two problems:
1) You will never convince him to do it, because he will be looking to assemble yet another Madden-level team, which the Lakers cannot provide.
2) His presence will interfere with the growth and playing time of those youngsters - let;s not pretend Lebron doesn't want to have the say in who plays, who plays where and how often. And in the meantime he won't be winning the Lakers any titles anyway becasue the players they have now aren't ready yet.

That is, to accommodate the BS of an ageing player, who may very well no longer be good enough to beat GSW or the Spurs anyway, they will have to blow up a very promising rebuild project they have going on right now.
Which is why I had said previously, that although I am not totally enamored with Paul George, I would much rather get someone next year in free agency who will be 28 years old.

They won't be trying to build a team to attract a Lebron James. They will do it to try to attract someone like a Paul George.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's not that the Lakers don't need Lebron, he has no reason or desire to waste his twilight years at a wasteland like that with no decent plan to rebuild.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Cavs 0-8 without James this year. They wouldn't even make the playoffs without him. Even in the weaker east.

In Game 3. +7 with James on the floor. -12 without him on the floor. The "big 3" is simply not good enough when a player like Kevin Love is the third player. You sacrifice too much in terms of the 2nd unit when James is not on the floor by giving a player like Kevin Love too much money. There simply isn't enough money for the bench when you're wasting as much money as the Cavs are on a guy like Kevin Love (and even worse, the contracts for JR Smith and Tristan Thompson who have both been atrocious this year).

James is in large part responsible for this, with his pressuring the front office of the Cavs to keep and pay these 3 guys. He's pushed to build the Cavs in this way, which is deeply flawed. I don't see them winning another title as currently constructed. Not unless James and Kyrie can figure out a way to be scoring 35+ a night each in the finals, and each playing 42-45 minutes a game.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's not that the Lakers don't need Lebron, he has no reason or desire to waste his twilight years at a wasteland like that with no decent plan to rebuild.
No decent plan to rebuild? What the hell are you talking about?

Your best player has played 37 games in three years, your 2nd best player didn't play at all last year, your #3 pick from 2 years ago is the 10th man on a team with no backcourt.

But yeah, the Lakers have no plan

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No decent plan to rebuild? What the hell are you talking about?

Your best player has played 37 games in three years, your 2nd best player didn't play at all last year, your #3 pick from 2 years ago is the 10th man on a team with no backcourt.

But yeah, the Lakers have no plan
We have the process which we trust. Where's your process?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Cavs 0-8 without James this year. They wouldn't even make the playoffs without him. Even in the weaker east.
Most, if not all, of those games were games Lebron sat out intentionally, to rest, literally sending the message to his teammates and everyone else out there that he didn't care if they won those games or not. That conditions the manner in which the rest of the team approaches those games.

And he sat out those games to basically rest and save energy for the post season. Something the Cavs may well have done for other important starters e.g. Kyrie and Love, in those same games, maybe not all 8 but some or even most of them.
I mean, if you are gonna not care for a game, you might as well give all your stars a rest, not just the biggest. This would have left the Cavs pretty weakened and under-manned in those games, in general.

Point is, I wouldn't read too much into those stats. That's the general problem with dry-humping stats - they are always void of context and circumstances and can be tweaked to tell whatever story the story-teller wants and needs them to.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Most, if not all, of those games were games Lebron sat out intentionally, to rest, literally sending the message to his teammates and everyone else out there that he didn't care if they won those games or not. That conditions the manner in which the rest of the team approaches those games.

And he sat out those games to basically rest and save energy for the post season. Something the Cavs may well have done for other important starters e.g. Kyrie and Love, in those same games, maybe not all 8 but some or even most of them.
I mean, if you are gonna not care for a game, you might as well give all your stars a rest, not just the biggest. This would have left the Cavs pretty weakened and under-manned in those games, in general.

Point is, I wouldn't read too much into those stats. That's the general problem with dry-humping stats - they are always void of context and circumstances and can be tweaked to tell whatever story the story-teller wants and needs them to.
The point is that teams James has played on have always been terrible when he's not on the floor.

The +/- difference is ridiculous.

What I read into that is that the teams LBJ has had a big say in building have always been extremely flawed. In large part James own fault for not allowing management to build a real team and instead following this 2 superstar + 1 star (all on max or near max level contracts) plan. This isn't the 80s where the Lakers and Celtics could field line-ups with 4-5 HOFers (I think Lakers had 5 and Celtics had 4). If James and Irving could have recruited a real superstar for the big 3, or James in Wade in Miami days, he might have 5 or 6 of these last 7 titles. But without a real superstar for that 3rd player, it'd be much better for them to build a team with James + HOF level guard (Wade or Kyrie) and then spread that last max level contract money out for a couple players and build a more well-balanced team.

Regardless, James has made his bed and now must lie in it. He chose Bosh and Love, asked management to get him these players, and it worked to some extent, but also created the problem that limits just how good these teams can be. He should focus on the game more and leave the team-building to experts.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I had said previously, that although I am not totally enamored with Paul George, I would much rather get someone next year in free agency who will be 28 years old.

They won't be trying to build a team to attract a Lebron James. They will do it to try to attract someone like a Paul George.

Yeah. It'd be silly to go for Lebron. Have no desire to see him on a max-level contract with the Lakers as currently structured. Only way it becomes viable is if James is chasing rings in a couple years and takes a significant paycut to help in that. Help develop the young ones into a title contender for the twilight of his career.

But in these last couple years of his "prime", it'd be stupid to go after him and blow up the team that is being built.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Im not convinced on George yet. Where would we play him, since Ingram is here already? 2?

- - - Updated - - -
@Post Ironic, how many of those 8 games were they without Kyrie and Love too? The Cavs are stacked, ofcourse they make the playoffs if its only LeBron missing and the rest are healthy

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Honestly I understand valuing talent, but do you realize how quickly talk of potential gets carried away? I mean I seen Ingram, I like him, but no way would I decline on Paul George just to accommodate him. Doesn't make sense to me, he might turn out to a beast or mid level player, but with George you know he is an instant impact player who can help carry the load these kids can't, and make them grow by making them playoff team.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Honestly I understand valuing talent, but do you realize how quickly talk of potential gets carried away? I mean I seen Ingram, I like him, but no way would I decline on Paul George just to accommodate him. Doesn't make sense to me, he might turn out to a beast or mid level player, but with George you know he is an instant impact player who can help carry the load these kids can't, and make them grow by making them playoff team.

Thing is, what use do you have for George if you dont surround him by pieces to contend for the title? Yes you get an all-star player, but by the time these Lakers reach their primes, will George still be an elite player? Ball-George-Ingram (all in their primes) could be a championship team surrounded by the right role players, but i dont know if we will get to see all of them in their primes at the same time, atleast for a season

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my lord, this is quite the game
Everyone and their mothers is hot at the moment, wonder for how long they can keep it up

- - - Updated - - -

Cavs will still lose. They cant play at such pace for the entire game

- - - Updated - - -

"security" - 2 fat guys. America :touched:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Looks like they can.

And that's not fat bro, it's all muscle. They just haven't started cutting yet.
Yeah looks like it. Their 3pt shot hasnt let them down and Kyrie with key 5 points in moments Warriors closed down to 11

- - - Updated - - -

Cavs won, set NBA record for 3s made in finals with 24. Shot 53% for 3 (24/45), Warriors only 28% (11/39)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 79)