The NBA Thread (45 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah it's been a long time dream of his as i recall he said that he grew up playing baseball as well.

He tweeted last week that he's throwing at 91 miles/hour.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
From another forum i visit

92 mph is a league average fastball. PLENTY of guys use heaters in the high 80s. They, of course, typically have a lot of movement and secondary pitches, but that's another story. For a guy who hasn't been regularly playing baseball for years and years, 91 mph is pretty good if he has any semblance of control.
That is pretty damn impressive for someone that is 35, and hasn't played baseball in forever.

For the people saying 91mph isn't a fastball, that would be false. 91mph is sufficient speed for a fastball. Heck, it's pretty close to an average fastball for MLB players. Speed isn't the problem. The problem would be, you need good location, movement, and secondary pitches.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:D awesome, didn't know

is 91 mp/h good?
Without movement, then no. There have been a lot of pitchers that threw in the upper 90's but with no movement on the pitch, it just goes right down the middle, and leaves the park even faster than it came in.

Then again, there have been pitchers such as Greg Maddux who couldn't hit 91 mph with the wind at his back, who is arguably one of the 20 greatest pitchers of all time.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sixers making me proud. First team to lose back to back games by 40+ points since '93. The ones who did it back then were the Sixers also!

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Sixers making me proud. First team to lose back to back games by 40+ points since '93. The ones who did it back then were the Sixers also!
I feel bad for them, were pretty good early on the season, has not been the same since the new year..Probably a change of head coach could do them well, Detroit are now playing really well!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I feel bad for them, were pretty good early on the season, has not been the same since the new year..Probably a change of head coach could do them well, Detroit are now playing really well!
I miss Doug Collins. We're technically rebuilding now anyways, so I think it's very very early to change coaches.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I miss Doug Collins. We're technically rebuilding now anyways, so I think it's very very early to change coaches.
You're probably right, 76ers are definitely building, I mean, the team is unbelievably young, their oldest player is probably Hawes, who's like 25-26 I think. (Im not counting Richardson whos injured)

They have MCW and Young who I think will be huge for the future and also Noel, who is unlucky with injuries as well, any info when he will be back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 30)