The NBA Thread (100 Viewers)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
exactly

the magic will not have another shooting performance like that

sorry but you are on crack. jordan made everyone around him better, so to allude that pippen was the reason why jordan won is ridiculous.

pippen played for both the rockets and blazers after leaving the bulls and both those teams were already playoff contenders before his arrival and he won nothing.

please don't undermine the greatness of jordan. sometimes i think ppl forget his supremacy as a pro athlete because he is retired :disagree:

i rank the yanks above them
For your remark on the magic shooting, the magic have been shooting around 47 percent during the whole post season, in game 2 they shot 41 and still had a chance to win the game. If they play good defense and shoot around 41 in game 4 they can beat la.

As for jordan man, hes one of the best and he might have made pippen better, but take out pippen of the chicago bulls and you wont have the supporting needed to win any title.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Raptors traded Kapono for Reggie Evans yesterday - I bet you guys are all incredibly pumped up for such a blockbuster.

Seriously though, this is a nice move by B-Co. Shaving over 2.5 per off the cap, and adding some defense and rebounding - huge problem areas for the Raps.

Kapono was always a bullshit signing - especially at the numbers he got. Seems like a nice guy, and a good teammate, but he never really fit in TO.

And yes... I know that no one else here cares...
:juventus:

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
pippen was a role player

role players are replaceable and come a dime a dozen

There is no debate in regards who the best basketball player in NBA is/was. I'm talking abt Jordan here ...

As good as Kobe is, there is no way he can emulate wat MJ achieved both on/off the court. Most of the people I have known stop following the NBA after Jordan retired.
Kobe is a great player, MJ is an iconic player.

But Dru, that is undermining Pippen. If Pippen was a role player then 99.5% of the people that have ever graced the NBA court are all role players.
He created and perfected the position of the Point Forward.

In regards to the Jordan/Pippen duo, I can only say Batman can't really be Batman if Robin is taken away from him.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
There is no debate in regards who the best basketball player in NBA is/was. I'm talking abt Jordan here ...

As good as Kobe is, there is no way he can emulate wat MJ achieved both on/off the court. Most of the people I have known stop following the NBA after Jordan retired.

But Dru, that is undermining Pippen. If Pippen was a role player then 99.5% of the people that have ever graced the NBA court are all role players.

In regards to the Jordan/Pippen duo, I can only say Batman can't really be Batman if Robin is taken away from him.

Kind of like shaq and kobe during their three peat

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

batman doesn't need robin to be greatness

[/b]

Kind of like shaq and kobe during their three peat
shaq won with out kobe in miami

word.

he was the man of shadow,whenever he was made to be a main player in the team,the team flopped bigtime.
exactly :agree: :tup:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
batman doesn't need robin to be greatness

shaq won with out kobe in miami

exactly :agree: :tup:

OK, either you are being ignorant, or your hatred for Kobe has reached a new low that you are failing to see the forest for the trees here.

You do realize that it was DWAYNE WADE that carried the team to the championship, right?? Not Shaq. Shaq was along for the ride on that one, and you know it. Yes, he helped, but he was not the main cog of that offense.

You do realize that,I would hope

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i don't hate kobe the player, i hate kobe the person.

do i think he is the best scorer in the nba right now? yes.
would i take him over lebron if i was starting a team right now? yes.

stop trying to make something out of nothing. you guys can keep on debating how great pippen was and how kobe is sooo great at being 2nd best behind jordan. it makes for great conversation.

for anyone to even attempt to think that jordan would not have won with out pippen, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I'm enjoying this debate, Dru :)

Nobody knows whether or not Jordan can win w/o Pippen, but the truth is he won with Pippen. Most will remember Pippen as a hall-of-famer sidekick MJ cannot do without. That's the hard truth.

Link Jordan to Lebron, the Cavs failed this year bcos they dun have anyone to step up and do a "Pippen". Can't call a player like him a role player, can u ?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
once again you are insinuating that the greatest ball player of all time would have won nothing without scottie fucking pippen?

you guys need to take step back and think about what you are saying

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i don't hate kobe the player, i hate kobe the person.

do i think he is the best scorer in the nba right now? yes.
would i take him over lebron if i was starting a team right now? yes.

stop trying to make something out of nothing. you guys can keep on debating how great pippen was and how kobe is sooo great at being 2nd best behind jordan. it makes for great conversation.

for anyone to even attempt to think that jordan would not have won with out pippen, then there is something seriously wrong with you.
The why oh why did he not win any titles without Pippen?? Or Horace Grant for that matter?

And why did he not win anything at all when he was with the Wizards?? Despite his advanced age, he was still puting up realy good numbers. It might have something to do with the fact that he had nobody around him.

I am not doubting his greatness. He is, by far, the greatest player of all time, as much as it pains me to say that because I am a Magic Johnson fanatic.

But let's call a spade a spade here. Even Wilt Chamberlain, who only won one title when he was "the man" in Philadelphia, had Billy Cunningham and Hal Greer on his team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
once again you are insinuating that the greatest ball player of all time would have won nothing without scottie fucking pippen?

you guys need to take step back and think about what you are saying
What we are insinuating, in fact, PROVING, that Jordan could not do it on his own

Nobody can in the NBA.

Dru, it took him 7 years to win an NBA championship

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And Dru, my debate with you over this is not whether Kobe is the 2nd best behind Jordan.

As a die hard Laker fan, I wouldn't even put him in the Top 5 LAKERS of all time, never mind the 10 best NBA players of all time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 88)