The NBA Thread (22 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
If Bynum can stay healthy, he's going to be a star, hands down. Don't judge him on his current play; he's going to be very, very good in the not too distant future- definitely an All Star.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
bynum will become a good player if he learns how to play in the post and properly defend (which will keep him out of foul trouble from game-to-game).

even a player like dwight howard still needs to work on his post game. he needs to learn how to move and also develop a bit of a mid range shot. the great centers of the past 20 years all had that 15' shot and sick skills in the paint.

right now dwight and bynum could use a few pointers from hakeem, ewing, duncan. they were truly great 5 spotters in the league based on post skills.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's wait and see. I am not convinced by Bynum, but I do agree that Dwight needs to work on his post game and stay out of foul trouble. Add to that improving his free throw % and we will be looking at the NBA's dominating center for the next decade!

As for Kobe, the guy is a living legend, so no need for all the lame and childish "rape" comments, or do you believe all the shit the media spew out?

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Let's wait and see. I am not convinced by Bynum, but I do agree that Dwight needs to work on his post game and stay out of foul trouble. Add to that improving his free throw % and we will be looking at the NBA's dominating center for the next decade!

As for Kobe, the guy is a living legend, so no need for all the lame and childish "rape" comments, or do you believe all the shit the media spew out?

I heard one of the commentators about having Howard practicing post moves with Ewing in the post season. To be a great player, u need to be dominant on the post.

If Howard can develop the mid-range jumpshot too, he will be really unguard-able ....

Jordan >>>>> Bryant. Short and sweet, precise and concise :)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
bynum will become a good player if he learns how to play in the post and properly defend (which will keep him out of foul trouble from game-to-game).

even a player like dwight howard still needs to work on his post game. he needs to learn how to move and also develop a bit of a mid range shot. the great centers of the past 20 years all had that 15' shot and sick skills in the paint.

right now dwight and bynum could use a few pointers from hakeem, ewing, duncan. they were truly great 5 spotters in the league based on post skills.
100%, Dru. Tons of work to be done, but outstanding potential and a great deal of time to work with.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

i don't understand how you can call him a living legend? the guy hasn't done anything extraordinary in terms of overall success. he is a an amazing scorer but thats about it. he hasn't excelled to the level where his defensive prowess is actually recognized by other teams and coaches schemes. he has no rings on his own (yet), just a barrell full of bad PR and a horrible character.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i don't understand how you can call him a living legend? the guy hasn't done anything extraordinary in terms of overall success. he is a an amazing scorer but thats about it. he hasn't excelled to the level where his defensive prowess is actually recognized by other teams and coaches schemes. he has no rings on his own (yet), just a barrell full of bad PR and a horrible character.

OK, well how many players have actually won a ring "on their own"??

Come on, you know that one player alone can't win a championship. How many would Jordan have won without Pippen and Grant?

3 time NBA Champion, 7 time all NBA first team, 7 time all defensive first team, 11 time all star, NBA MVP, yet he hasn't done anything extraordinary??

Really??

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
OK, well how many players have actually won a ring "on their own"??

Come on, you know that one player alone can't win a championship. How many would Jordan have won without Pippen and Grant?

3 time NBA Champion, 7 time all NBA first team, 7 time all defensive first team, 11 time all star, NBA MVP, yet he hasn't done anything extraordinary??

Really??
jordan would have won with anyone. he could have had made a pippen out of any swingman on any team he played on.

malone, barkely, KG, dirk, iverson have all had their aches and pains but share a similar career path as kobe to an extent. kobe is not greatness and neither are those that i just mentioned. he's a good player but not of god-like statute as most proclaim him to be

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
jordan would have won with anyone. he could have had made a pippen out of any swingman on any team he played on.

malone, barkely, KG, dirk, iverson have all had their aches and pains but share a similar career path as kobe to an extent. kobe is not greatness and neither are those that i just mentioned. he's a good player but not of god-like statute as most proclaim him to be

But the fact of the matter is, he didn't win without them. Whether or not he would have made a Pippen out of any swingam is a subjective statement

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pippen is so under-rated. In my opinion, Jordan wouldn't have won without Pippen, and later Rodman on his team.

Kobe is no Jordan, but if he isn't great, then I don't know who else is.

Magic 108 Lakers 104; at least we aren't going to get swept, like we were by Houston ;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
lakers win in 5
As a Lakers fan the way I look at is this.

Glass Half Full- The Magic were playing their first home game in the finals, therefore the emotions and adrenalin were high. They shot over 60% for the game, outrebounded the Lakers, had less turnovers, the Lakers missed 10 free throws, and only won by 4 points.

Glass Half empty- What the Fuck. How do you let a team in the Finals shoot over 60% for AN ENTIRE GAME!?!?!?!?. Kobe looked tired and frustrated, and Odom was asleep for most of the game except for the the 4th quarter. And once again, Vujacic, the one person who is supposed to come in and give Kobe a breather, was MIA yet again

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Thats not true, pippen is one heck of a player, jordan would have never won a thing without him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Pippen is so under-rated. In my opinion, Jordan wouldn't have won without Pippen, and later Rodman on his team.

Kobe is no Jordan, but if he isn't great, then I don't know who else is.

Magic 108 Lakers 104; at least we aren't going to get swept, like we were by Houston ;)
:agree:

Scottie is a legend, one of the best ever IMO.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
As a Lakers fan the way I look at is this.

Glass Half Full- The Magic were playing their first home game in the finals, therefore the emotions and adrenalin were high. They shot over 60% for the game, outrebounded the Lakers, had less turnovers, the Lakers missed 10 free throws, and only won by 4 points.
exactly

the magic will not have another shooting performance like that

Thats not true, pippen is one heck of a player, jordan would have never won a thing without him.

sorry but you are on crack. jordan made everyone around him better, so to allude that pippen was the reason why jordan won is ridiculous.

pippen played for both the rockets and blazers after leaving the bulls and both those teams were already playoff contenders before his arrival and he won nothing.

please don't undermine the greatness of jordan. sometimes i think ppl forget his supremacy as a pro athlete because he is retired :disagree:

God, the Lakers are such a disgusting team. They might be the worst out of all major franchises.
i rank the yanks above them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 13)