The NBA Thread (30 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
here is what you don't understand:

- ny is the largest media market, thus the money & revenue stream is there to sign players like bosh, amare, etc.. to accompany lebron. donnie walsh has already made many moves to clear out cap space to sign lebron and at least 1 more big named free agent in the summer of 2010.

- cleveland is a shithole. i don't care how you spin it or dress it up. that franchise/city can never rival the revenue stream that a major market city like ny.

lebron has made many points throughout the past 2 seasons that he would like to play for the knicks. the knicks still have a solid lineup that needs 1 or 2 playmakers like lebron who can run in d'antoni's offense. david lee, nate robinson, harrington, curry, gallinari, richardson and wilcox are good players who need a player like lebron to tie it in all together.

OK, here is what YOU don't understand.

They will not be able to keep all of those guys on the roster AND be able to sign Lebron James. There is no possible way that can happen, despite Donnie Walsh's salary dumps.

In case anyone forgot, the Salary Cap actually went DOWN this year, and it will do so again next year. You are looking at a total of about 4 million dollars reduced off of the cap, and the "soft cap" rules only apply when it comes to signing your own players.

And I won't even begin to get into the Salary Tax implications.

Bottom line is this. If he wants the most money, he will stay with Cleveland, unless the Knicks pull off a massive sign and trade deal, and a good portion of those players you mentioned in your post will have to be a part of it.

If he wants to go to a media hotbed, then he will go to New York, although the team around him will be garbage.

This is the same situation that happened with Kobe Bryant several years ago.

Dallas was interested in him, Phoenix and Chicago wanted him BADLY. However, due to the Salary cap, the only way a move could be accomodated was with a sign and trade, and since Kobe had a no trade clause, there was no way that he would sign off on it, because the amount of talent needed to go to the Lakers to make the trade work would have basically left Bryant with nothing left.

And that was when the Salary cap was going UP.

The only team that had the room under the cap to sign him were the Clippers, and they had nobody on that team at the time

Trust me buddy, I'm not trying to be disrespectful or question your knowledge. I'm simply giving you another perspective on this, and to show that it is not as easy as it seems

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I dont think lebron will go to the knicks in 2010, he has a better chance in winning a title with Cleveland then with the knicks...

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
ya that theory was tested quite well this year
If you consider nat robinson eddie curry and quentin richardson better than z, mo williams and delonte then your crazy...The only good player on that knicks team is david lee which might be traded this off season.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
The ball is just not going in for the Magic on Game 1 even though the shooters have had some clear looks after Lakers double-teamed on Howard down the post.
It was their worse shooting night for the entire season.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
the lakers know how to play D. this is where coaching makes a difference and trust me when i say that stan van gundy is not facing another moron like mike brown or doc rivers

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
2-0 hole for the magic now :sad: :cry:

Courtney Lee had not one, but two chances to kill this game off, but he just couldn't do it. It will be hard for the Magic to win now, but I hope they can at least take it to 6 games, and make it more entertaining. Cmon Dwight, make it interesting and start dominating.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
exactly! lee had 2 golden chances but that's why he's not a big time player. i think this series is all but over. the magic are too inexperienced and van gundy is an amateur compared to phil jackson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)