The NBA Thread (112 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
well now everyone will see my wishes come to fruition. lebron lost in the ECF and now will realize that he will never accomplish anything playing for a franchise like cleveland. next stop - Madision Square Garden!

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
well now everyone will see my wishes come to fruition. lebron lost in the ECF and now will realize that he will never accomplish anything playing for a franchise like cleveland. next stop - Madision Square Garden!

And, what exactly would they surround Lebron with as far as talent goes in NY???

Last I checked, they really suck

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
And, what exactly would they surround Lebron with as far as talent goes in NY???

Last I checked, they really suck
here is what you don't understand:

- ny is the largest media market, thus the money & revenue stream is there to sign players like bosh, amare, etc.. to accompany lebron. donnie walsh has already made many moves to clear out cap space to sign lebron and at least 1 more big named free agent in the summer of 2010.

- cleveland is a shithole. i don't care how you spin it or dress it up. that franchise/city can never rival the revenue stream that a major market city like ny.

lebron has made many points throughout the past 2 seasons that he would like to play for the knicks. the knicks still have a solid lineup that needs 1 or 2 playmakers like lebron who can run in d'antoni's offense. david lee, nate robinson, harrington, curry, gallinari, richardson and wilcox are good players who need a player like lebron to tie it in all together.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
When was the last time The Knicks won an NBA title? The last time I checked it was in 1973.

I think Lebron would be better off waiting for LA, Miami, or Boston to clear some salary space for him. I would love him @ Orlando, but I doubt that is ever going to happen.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
trust me when i say he's going to NY

you can read all the articles you want and the majority of rumors and experts will tell you that he is headed to NY

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
- cleveland is a shithole. i don't care how you spin it or dress it up. that franchise/city can never rival the revenue stream that a major market city like ny.
:andyandbarcelona:

Ohio is a big state, dude. It's not just about Cleveland.

You think everywhere is a shithole except for the places where your favorite teams reside.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
:andyandbarcelona:

Ohio is a big state, dude. It's not just about Cleveland.

You think everywhere is a shithole except for the places where your favorite teams reside.
not true, i like cali, chi, DC. i have no alleigances to any of those cities and in this case i'm being completely objective.

btw, your right about ohio, its one giant shithole. its not just about cleveland

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
not true, i like cali, chi, DC. i have no alleigances to any of those cities and in this case i'm being completely objective.

btw, your right about ohio, its one giant shithole. its not just about cleveland
So what if it's a shithole?

Have you even been around the District of Columbia? Apart from the downtown area, it's all slums. It's just like Detroit in all honesty.

Pittsburgh is a shithole... yet they have probably the best football franchise in the NFL.

Detroit is a shithole as you say... yet we have arguably the best franchise in American sports.

Boston isn't anything spectacular, yet they have successful sports teams.

I just think you're being a dickhead when it comes to this stuff. Just because some place isn't known for its wealthy society, doesn't mean you can't have a great franchise in those places. You also tend to forget that most of the patrons of these teams come from the suburbs.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
money talks, and in most professional sports the success of a franchise directly correlates with the wealth of the province it resides in.

and what the fuck do you care if i don't like ohio? are you losing sleep over it?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, I'm sure the correlation is exactly 1. :rolleyes2

That's why places like Detroit have the most successful American hockey team in history, Pittsburgh has the most successful NFL team in history, and Turin has the most successful Italian football club in history.

Yeah, CORR = 1 indeed.

I don't give a crap about Ohio. I just think you're talking nonsense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So what if it's a shithole?

Have you even been around the District of Columbia? Apart from the downtown area, it's all slums. It's just like Detroit in all honesty.

Pittsburgh is a shithole... yet they have probably the best football franchise in the NFL.

Detroit is a shithole as you say... yet we have arguably the best franchise in American sports.

Boston isn't anything spectacular, yet they have successful sports teams.

I just think you're being a dickhead when it comes to this stuff. Just because some place isn't known for its wealthy society, doesn't mean you can't have a great franchise in those places. You also tend to forget that most of the patrons of these teams come from the suburbs.
I don't live in a shithole:oops:

Some parts of DC are nice...a lot of it is bad.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
just because the Knicks are in NY perhaps with the most money I don't think they can compare with the Lakers throughout the years.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, I'm sure the correlation is exactly 1. :rolleyes2

That's why places like Detroit have the most successful American hockey team in history, Pittsburgh has the most successful NFL team in history, and Turin has the most successful Italian football club in history.

Yeah, CORR = 1 indeed.

I don't give a crap about Ohio. I just think you're talking nonsense.
thats why i said in most cases

of course there will be outliers

but at the end of the day like it or not lebron will sign with the knicks in the summer of 2010. once that happens then come talk to me

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
thats why i said in most cases

of course there will be outliers

but at the end of the day like it or not lebron will sign with the knicks in the summer of 2010. once that happens then come talk to me
Outliers?

Okay, lets count the number of major team sports in the US.

Baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer. That's five.

Baseball have the Yankees, football has the Steelers, Basketball has the Lakers, hockey has the Red Wings, soccer has DC United.

New York and LA are obviously in the upper echelon of cities, DC comes in third, and Pittsburgh and Detroit finish last.

DC isn't that superior of a city to P-Burgh or Detroit apart from it being the nation's Capital, so lets call it neutral.

That means: 2 of the best franchises are from wealthy markets and 2 are not. 50/50 is the result.

Therefore, your original statement is incorrect. The correlation is closer to zero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 104)