The NBA Thread (41 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That was a tough one last night.

Kobe wasn't "Kobe" in the 4th quarter, yet they still won.

Those lousy defensive rotations that haunted the Lakers during the Houston series and part of the Denver series reared their ugly head once again.

Kobe fell asleep on that last play of regulation, leaving Lee open for that alley oop.

I'm just glad he missed.

L.A. will have to play a lot better in Orlando if they don't want the series to go back to L.A.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
the defensive scheme that jackson is playing has disrupted the magic's pop-a-shot offense. i don't think the magic have a chance to make this a series.

dwight howard will be the future dominant force in the NBA. he will be back in the finals to win a few in his career.

L.A. earned it this season, they deserve the crown.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
the defensive scheme that jackson is playing has disrupted the magic's pop-a-shot offense. i don't think the magic have a chance to make this a series.

dwight howard will be the future dominant force in the NBA. he will be back in the finals to win a few in his career.

L.A. earned it this season, they deserve the crown.
The problem that they are having, is they are not doing a better job of anticipating the screen and roll, or are just not doing a better job of fighting through them.

There were some instances where Odom, for as well as he has been playing, was just lazy on the screen and roll, thereby leaving Lewis open.

part of the problem is that Bynum has become a foul waiting to happen in this series.

As much as I love the Lakers, this series is not over yet. There were some things that I noticed in this game that have me concerned.

If anyone can locate Vujacic and Farmer for me, let me know, because I couldn't find them last night.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The problem that they are having, is they are not doing a better job of anticipating the screen and roll, or are just not doing a better job of fighting through them.

There were some instances where Odom, for as well as he has been playing, was just lazy on the screen and roll, thereby leaving Lewis open.

part of the problem is that Bynum has become a foul waiting to happen in this series.

As much as I love the Lakers, this series is not over yet. There were some things that I noticed in this game that have me concerned.

If anyone can locate Vujacic and Farmer for me, let me know, because I couldn't find them last night.
spoken like a true fan

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i think the lakers became stronger after playing the rockets. they truly underestimated houston with all the injuries and got the scare of a lifetime.
It makes one wonder what would have happened with Yao in for the who series. The Lakers are talented, but they are soft as shit. Bynum has to be the worst center in the NBA finals favorite in the last 5 seasons.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i think the lakers became stronger after playing the rockets. they truly underestimated houston with all the injuries and got the scare of a lifetime.

They realized that they just couldn't coast through the playoffs like they did last year.

I don't know if it is a question of the teams they faced this year were just better, or they believed their own hype going into these playoffs.

Whatever the case may be, being taken to 7 games by the Rockets was the best thing that could have happened.

They need two things going into next year.

A backup center/power forward who can provide some muscle, and a defense oriented point guard.

They may have that point guard in Shannon Brown, but I really think they missed Ronny Turiaf this year.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I like his beef, btw.
its rich in rape and other deplorable acts

It makes one wonder what would have happened with Yao in for the who series. The Lakers are talented, but they are soft as shit. Bynum has to be the worst center in the NBA finals favorite in the last 5 seasons.
i can't stand pau gasol either. that guy proves that euro players are all soft

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He's not the worst center. Far from it.

2 things to realize.

#1) He's 21 years old, and he only really started playing basketball midway through his junior year in high school.

#2) He was the victim of 2 freakish knee injuries that weren't his fault the last 2 seasons. (Thanks Lamar and kobe).

Before his injury this year, he was playing like an absolute beast, especially in the last 15 games before he got hurt. The kid is going to be a star in this league. The skillset is most definitely there. For someone his age he has a vast array of post up moves, and great hands. Anyone would be crazy to think otherwise

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i can't stand pau gasol either. that guy proves that euro players are all soft

Actually, I think he has played a lot tougher in these playoffs than he did last year. He's never going to be a brute, but he has stepped up his game nicely in these playoffs

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He's not the worst center. Far from it.

2 things to realize.

#1) He's 21 years old, and he only really started playing basketball midway through his junior year in high school.

#2) He was the victim of 2 freakish knee injuries that weren't his fault the last 2 seasons. (Thanks Lamar and kobe).

Before his injury this year, he was playing like an absolute beast, especially in the last 15 games before he got hurt. The kid is going to be a star in this league. The skillset is most definitely there. For someone his age he has a vast array of post up moves, and great hands. Anyone would be crazy to think otherwise
I've only seen him play post injury. Which hasn't been very good.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I've only seen him play post injury. Which hasn't been very good.

Please keep in mind that after missing almost 3 months, he only played in the last 4 regular season games. Not a lot of time to really get ready for the playoffs.

Here are the boxscores of the last 5 games before he got hurt in january.

jan 21- vs LAC- 42pts, 15rbs,3 blks
jan 22- vs WAS- 23pts, 14rbs,1blk
jan 25- vs SA- 15pts, 11rbs 4blks
jan 27- vs CHA- 24pts,14rbs,6blks
jan 30- vs MIN- 27pts,15rbs,2blks

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
With all due respect, I don't really think Bynum is going to be that big. I don't believe all the hype. He is slow, sluggish, lacking in athleticism, and incosistent; not to mention that he is always getting into foul trouble. I'd argue he's not even the best center on his team, as Pau Gasol does a better job in that role for the team. I think the Lakers are better with Odom on the floor, and Bynum sitting on the bench.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
With all due respect, I don't really think Bynum is going to be that big. I don't believe all the hype. He is slow, sluggish, lacking in athleticism, and incosistent; not to mention that he is always getting into foul trouble. I'd argue he's not even the best center on his team, as Pau Gasol does a better job in that role for the team. I think the Lakers are better with Odom on the floor, and Bynum sitting on the bench.

He is not slow, nor is he lacking in athleticsm. You forget that he is only 21 years old, and has had 2 half seasons taken away from him due to 2 freakish knee injuries.

Again, like I said, take a look at the 15 or so games that he played both years before he got hurt.

And how many 21 year old centers in the NBA are consistent??

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And here is one more thing in regards to Bynum.

When Bynum got hurt last season, the Lakers had the best record in the NBA. His injury was what made the Lakers go out and land a big man last year.

Thankfully, it was Pau Gasol, but at the rate that Bynum was improving last season, if he hadn't of gotten hurt, Gasol might not have ended up on the Lakers

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If there's one player who is right behind Jordan, it's Kobe Bryant. This man is just too much.
kobe is no where near jordan

all these players try to be like him but in reality no one will ever compare to the real thing

kobe is just a rapist. here he is his making his "rape face"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 26)