The NBA Thread (121 Viewers)

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
It was a beat-down. The Nuggets were never really in it after HT. The Lakers completely steamrolled them. The question now is, can the Lakers maintain this level, this intensity and drive, or will they go back to blowing hot and cold? As much as I love the Magic, I don't think they can stop the Lakers if both teams perform @ their full potential.

I am hoping the Magic close out Cleveland tomorrow; Magic in 6, and then Lakers in the Finals in 6.
Magic is better than Cleveland, but I have a feeling that Cavs will qualify.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It was a beat-down. The Nuggets were never really in it after HT. The Lakers completely steamrolled them. The question now is, can the Lakers maintain this level, this intensity and drive, or will they go back to blowing hot and cold? As much as I love the Magic, I don't think they can stop the Lakers if both teams perform @ their full potential.

I am hoping the Magic close out Cleveland tomorrow; Magic in 6, and then Lakers in the Finals in 6.

The Lakers have had a much, much tougher road getting to the Finals this year, and in the end that will make them mentally tougher.

Its caused me to have even more Gray hair than usual, but in the end it might be worth it.

And they are fortunate enough to have the best closer in the game, when the game is on the line and you need someone to take that game winning shot

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
unfortunately it will be the cavs-lakers in the finals. no matter how much one can fight it

It won't be.

Cleveland doesn't have an answer for Dwight Howard. They don't have a skilled big man that can keep Howard from roaming the paint in a free safety position on the defensive end.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
It won't be.

Cleveland doesn't have an answer for Dwight Howard. They don't have a skilled big man that can keep Howard from roaming the paint in a free safety position on the defensive end.
Dwight is not only the reason why Magic are better. Magic's teamwork is awesome; they don't rely only on Howard. On the other hand, No one can stop Lebron too, but he is the only one they rely on.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dwight is not only the reason why Magic are better. Magic's teamwork is awesome; they don't rely only on Howard. On the other hand, No one can stop Lebron too, but he is the only one they rely on.
Yes, they do rely on Howard.

Due to the fact that Cleveland doesn't have anyone that can handle him in the box one-on-one, they are constantly bringing in someone to double team him down low.

That leaves a perimeter man wide open.

The open man either takes the shot, or waits for another defender to swing to that man, and then the ball goes around the perimeter for an open look from 3 point range.

Orlando's offense is either banging the ball down low with Howard, or 3 point shooting. That's a dangerous way to play.

Why do you think that Orlando is having a seemingly easier time with Cleveland than they did with an injury depleted Celtics squad who absolutely ran out of gas in Game 7 of that series?

One reason. Kendrick Perkins

Kendrick Perkins has been the only player in the playoffs so far that has been able to cause problems for Dwight Howard. He used his strength to consistently knock Howard off the blocks, and played such physical defense that the Celtics didn't need to double him. You noticed that those open looks for Pietrus, Tukoglu, and Lewis were much harder for them to come by against Boston.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Yes, they do rely on Howard.

Due to the fact that Cleveland doesn't have anyone that can handle him in the box one-on-one, they are constantly bringing in someone to double team him down low.

That leaves a perimeter man wide open.

The open man either takes the shot, or waits for another defender to swing to that man, and then the ball goes around the perimeter for an open look from 3 point range.

Orlando's offense is either banging the ball down low with Howard, or 3 point shooting. That's a dangerous way to play.

Why do you think that Orlando is having a seemingly easier time with Cleveland than they did with an injury depleted Celtics squad who absolutely ran out of gas in Game 7 of that series?

One reason. Kendrick Perkins

Kendrick Perkins has been the only player in the playoffs so far that has been able to cause problems for Dwight Howard. He used his strength to consistently knock Howard off the blocks, and played such physical defense that the Celtics didn't need to double him. You noticed that those open looks for Pietrus, Tukoglu, and Lewis were much harder for them to come by against Boston.
Yeah you're right about Howard, but what I mean is that if Cavs managed to play with good teamwork will win; Williams and West are great and they can help Lebron to win.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah you're right about Howard, but what I mean is that if Cavs managed to play with good teamwork will win; Williams and West are great and they can help Lebron to win.

The problems with the Cavaliers are twofold.

#1) with the exception of Lebron, they have an extremely unathletic front court.

Illgauskas, Wallace, Joe Smith, Sczerbiak, Verejao???????

Really??

#2) For a guy who is 6'9" and 260 lbs, the next time I see Lebron post up a player down low will be the FIRST time.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Now that its mentioned, funny why LBJ never post-up his opponents.

Cavaliers is always playing the isolation with LBJ, opening up the lanes for his drive-ins. The good thing for the Magic is that its all too predictable. The bad thing however is, even if they knew it, they still couldn't really contain LBJ.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:weee: :D :superhapp Woooooooohooooooooooooo

Go Magic Go!!! 103-90. We are back in the finals, for the first time in 15 years!!!

Howard is a Beast! Monster game from him; 40 points and 14 rebounds.

Bring on The Lakers :)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
A great day again for Magic fans.

The Lakers will start off as overwhelming favorite, no doubt.
However, Magic is 2-0 against the Lakers this season so nothing is lost yet.

GO MAGIC !!!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: You are hilarious Andy.

I am no boy tho :p I am probably 10 years older than you, but yeah ;)

If you ever come to Thailand be sure to give me a call, just in case you need protection from the ladyboys, or lest you need to ensure that the chick you are hooking up with is indeed not one of the clan :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol: You are hilarious Andy.

I am no boy tho :p I am probably 10 years older than you, but yeah ;)

If you ever come to Thailand be sure to give me a call, just in case you need protection from the ladyboys, or lest you need to ensure that the chick you are hooking up with is indeed not one of the clan :p
Who says I want protection from them? :D Although I did hear when they're in packs they gang up on you to acquire their services.

I'll be sure to let you know before I partake in one of those adventures.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Now that its mentioned, funny why LBJ never post-up his opponents.

Cavaliers is always playing the isolation with LBJ, opening up the lanes for his drive-ins. The good thing for the Magic is that its all too predictable. The bad thing however is, even if they knew it, they still couldn't really contain LBJ.

There forced to play him in isolation because they cant afford to get him fouled out playing the post....

Lebron needs another big man with him and a point/shooting guard ala iverson/nash thats the only way they will go to the finals... and yeah i almost forgot....get the franchise the fuck out of cursed cleveland ...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Glad to see "King James" show that he is indeed a whiny little Princess. Classless fuck.

But that's typical for NBA players.

No idea how people like that douche.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 115)