The NBA Thread (65 Viewers)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
That's a big blow, the only good thing to come from that injury is that Leon Powe and Glen Davis have really blossomed in KG's absence.
This good give orlando a very good chance in reaching the east finals, Im a big magic fan so thats what Im hoping. If we reach the east finals against the cavs we can beat them, we match up very well against them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
there is strong possibilty that the final match-up could be lakers-magic

the magic beat the shit out of the cavs in their last meeting

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
This good give orlando a very good chance in reaching the east finals, Im a big magic fan so thats what Im hoping. If we reach the east finals against the cavs we can beat them, we match up very well against them.
there is strong possibilty that the final match-up could be lakers-magic

the magic beat the shit out of the cavs in their last meeting

Thats good news for the Magic since KG is really the go-to guy for Boston. On the other hand, Hedo and Lewis are bringing minor injuries to the playoffs and they are fundamental for the Magic's 3 point game ...

I watched the match between the Cavs and the Magic. LBJ dun drive the lanes as much as he would like too, probably because of the presence of a tough shot blocker in Dwight Howard.

I'm a Magic fan too ... :juventus:

As for the west, I know the Lakers are the toughest but will like the Nuggets to go all the way. I really like the plays of Chauncey Billups.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hey. Revive this thread you guys. The playoffs are underway; in fact, the conference semi-finals are heating up.

I hope the Magic dispose of Boston, and then get through a tough encounter in Cleveland. I see a Lakers vs Nuggets Western Conference final materializing, with the Lakers winning it in 6.

I am hoping for a Magic vs Lakers NBA Final, but I predict a Cavs vs Lakers showdown, with the Lakers winning in 6.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Hey. Revive this thread you guys. The playoffs are underway; in fact, the conference semi-finals are heating up.
Okidoki ...

For the Eastern Conf. Finals, I predict a Cavaliers-Magic Final. Magic and Cavaliers have both taken a 1-game lead against the Hawks and Celtics.
It will be an enticing showdown between the Most Valuable Player (James) and the Defensive Player of the Year (Howard).

For the West, I will like the Nuggets to go all the way mostly due to the great plays of Billarps. The Pistons really suffered without Mr Big Shot in their court.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I like the Nuggets. They look solid. However, I think the Lakers will win the West. They will step up their game when they need to. Odom, Gasol, and Bynum complementing Bryant; it's just too much.

The Magic creamed Cleveland in the regular season, and won a couple of games against them, but I fear the Cavs are too strong now. They have the confidence and the belief that they can go all the way.

Thank goodness the Jazz are out, and I see the Mavs following suit. Good riddance. Can't stand those 2 teams.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Damn, they signed Billups and traded AI, word?

Oh, that blows.

How are the Mavs doing? I saw Nowitzski owning on Sports Center the other day, their 1-0 in the series, word?

Denver juz took a 2-0 lead against Dallas ...
When Billups and Melo get going, they are indeed a handfull.

Yes, Pistons traded Billups for AI.
AI's contract will expired after this season and will most probably not feature for the Pistons next season. Pisotns GM Joe Dumars will be equipped with a lot of cash to go for some big name free agents in the off-season.

Jul 15, 2006
Denver juz took a 2-0 lead against Dallas ...
When Billups and Melo get going, they are indeed a handfull.

Yes, Pistons traded Billups for AI.
AI's contract will expired after this season and will most probably not feature for the Pistons next season. Pisotns GM Joe Dumars will be equipped with a lot of cash to go for some big name free agents in the off-season.
Whoa, another season of under-achievement I guess for them, but the owner is so retarded.

Oh, thanks for the update; I heard somewhere ages ago they traded Billups so that they could sign James but then again he's supposed to go to Brooklyn or whatever Hova's new team's gonna be right lol..

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Whoa, another season of under-achievement I guess for them, but the owner is so retarded.

Oh, thanks for the update; I heard somewhere ages ago they traded Billups so that they could sign James but then again he's supposed to go to Brooklyn or whatever Hova's new team's gonna be right lol..

Yeah, I watched Chris Webber on TNT Overtime mentioning the Pistons might juz indeed go for LBJ ...
Do not know how true is it though ...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't think the Mavs under achieved. They are in a strong Western Conference, and they are over rated. I never liked Dirk the Jerk, and Kidd is in the twilight of his career.

I really like the way the Nuggets are playing. Billups is total ownage in the post season. Wonder why Detroit traded him to Denver :shifty:

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I really like the way the Nuggets are playing. Billups is total ownage in the post season. Wonder why Detroit traded him to Denver :shifty:
To free the team's salary cap and starts building a younger and stronger team, I suppose.

Take a step backwards to take a great leap forward ...

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Makes sense. I firmly believe that Detroit are in need of a total revamp; still, those bastards always seem to defeat Orlando.
I have heard Charles Barkely mentioning no one in the NBA can guard Dwight Howard better than Rasheed Wallace. Maybe that's why.

Ironically, trash-talker Rasheed is also into his final season with the Pistons.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Perhaps, but I still believe the only one who can guard Dwight Howard is Yao. It has been evident in their match-ups, but I think in a year or two Howard will be unstoppable. Just give him more time to work on his post moves, and develop a more potent offensive arsenal, and you will see ;)

Total Dwightomination :D

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Perhaps, but I still believe the only one who can guard Dwight Howard is Yao. It has been evident in their match-ups, but I think in a year or two Howard will be unstoppable. Just give him more time to work on his post moves, and develop a more potent offensive arsenal, and you will see ;)

Total Dwightomination :D
Yeap, I am sure he can get only better esp. with Patrick Ewing as his mentor and Asst. coach at the Magic. His Free Throws sucks however juz like Shaq before him :cry:

Oh, and Charles Barkley is a fat pile of shit. He just talks out of his ass, don't you think? He is amusing, but full of it.
Exactly and thats why I enjoyed watching him at TNT Overtime. Together with Kenny Smith whom he always refer to as a Jackass, they are one amazing and funny duo on the show. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 58)