The NBA Thread (25 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
kobe is a good player but he is nothing compared to jordan or magic. the guy has won nothing after shaq's departure. that is all that needs to be said. he is a great player but not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as jordan, bird, russell, jabbar, chamberlain. those players were the reason why their teams won. shaq is the reason why the lakers won those 3 titles at the beginning of the decade, not because of kobe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
6'4 is pretty tall :shifty:

all I know is that i've been in an NBA locker-room with the boston celtics... and they were all much taller than normal people.

I'm not quite sure how the "big-man's game" theory isn't applicable... they're certainly MUCH bigger than the average person...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
its all relative

6'4" is a SG or maybe a SF in certain situations

you have to keep in mind that professional athletes in general are physically larger than most normal folks.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
In certain sense, basketball is a big men's game. The constant jumping has probably make them grew taller by that few inches ...

However, it does not mean having a 7 ft 4 giant in the team guaranteed championship or else Yao will have won it every year. The truth is, he hasn't.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
neither has shawn bradley, mutumbo, muresan, diop, and the great manute bol

all +7'
Bradley is Shaq's fav boy toy, got posterized by Shaq umpteen times.

Mutumbo does not have a good enough team around him, not at Denver, not at Atlanta ...

The most recent big man to have dominate the game is Tim Duncan aka "Big Fundamental", not that big of a C/PF but his knowledge of the game and technicalities are top-notch ...

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Ya have to agree TD is one of the greatest and quite possibly the best Power Forward to play.

However; talk about no flash and all dash. He has to be one of the most boring superstars ever

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Guys, do u find it funny or unusual that no team in the NBA has stamped their authority in the game for the course of 15-20 years. In football, u have Juve and Milan in Italy, Real and Barca in Spain, Bayern in Germany that remain in power and the top dogs in their league for many many years.

The Bulls are undisputed kings in the MJ era but now they do not even have the team to challenge a playoff spot. The Celtics have only started to look good in the last 2 yrs after acquiring Garnett and Allan, before that they had remained dormant for the entire 90s and abt 6-7 yrs after the millennium.

I think the rules regarding a salary cap for each team and for those teams that failed to make the playoffs to have a higher chance of getting 1st round Draft picks help to spread the balance of power in the game of NBA.

My fav team, the Magic was just new to the franchise when they get Shaq in the 1st rd 1st pick. After just failing to made the playoff after Shaq's first yr, coincidentally they got another 1st rd 1st pick. They exchange Chris Webber to get Penny Hardaway and form one of the deadliest 1-2 partnership in the game.

The transformation from a <.500 team into becoming the Eastern Conference champions happened in the matter of 2 years. The fall however is just as quick as their rise after that ...

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Guys, do u find it funny or unusual that no team in the NBA has stamped their authority in the game for the course of 15-20 years.
~
I think the rules regarding a salary cap for each team and for those teams that failed to make the playoffs to have a higher chance of getting 1st round Draft picks help to spread the balance of power in the game of NBA.
This is another reason why I and many others can't take American sports seriously. I mean, I am not fully updated on how everything works with these "drafts" and all, but I find it very odd that the best talents has to play for the worst teams(?). What the hell is that about?

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
This is another reason why I and many others can't take American sports seriously. I mean, I am not fully updated on how everything works with these "drafts" and all, but I find it very odd that the best talents has to play for the worst teams(?). What the hell is that about?
Problem is in America if you don't win or even show hope of winning most markets lose interest. Unlike in most places in Europe your home side is a matter of local passion. Your right it is a very different landscape and teams don't constantly stay above the rest. Look for more changes to come for Basketball is the leagues contract to the players is up soon and the Global Economic downturn has really hurt the NBA.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Probably the best part of the game other the the actual game itself, the home team introduction ...

My fav, Orlando Magic 95

No other intros beats the one from the Bulls during the MJ era

Jan 7, 2004
kobe is a good player but he is nothing compared to jordan or magic. the guy has won nothing after shaq's departure. that is all that needs to be said. he is a great player but not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as jordan, bird, russell, jabbar, chamberlain. those players were the reason why their teams won. shaq is the reason why the lakers won those 3 titles at the beginning of the decade, not because of kobe.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=135973235590&h=PSg2C&u=mmp84

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
So Kobe > Jordan ?? :confused2 :rolleyes2 :shifty:
Ya that is only true in theory. Not in terms of bigger shots, more rings and of course a bigger aura about him.

If they had to play roles in the Bible Kobe would be a disciple and Jordan would be Jesus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)