The NBA Thread (47 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Whiteside turning into Dikembe Mutumbo decided the match, when rest of his teammates were on foul trouble (also kudos to undrafted rookie Weylen Gabriel, carried his weight first half). Pretty clutch late game defending.

Rest were predictable, Lakers cant shoot, Portland can.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Whiteside turning into Dikembe Mutumbo decided the match, when rest of his teammates were on foul trouble (also kudos to undrafted rookie Weylen Gabriel, carried his weight first half). Pretty clutch late game defending.

Rest were predictable, Lakers cant shoot, Portland can.
I’m not the kind of person to say I told you so...

...but I told you so

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I’m not the kind of person to say I told you so...

...but I told you so
Game one, not surprised Portland takes a game, I'm talking a whole series advantage Lakers. But I might underestimated how awful Lakers offense is, no shooting, missed every open 3, LeBron just keeps passing them because he doesn't have the speed to blow by as before. And AD basically only score on free throws and few transition buckets.

Look at the last 3 minutes of the match, Lillard deep 3s, CJ cooking Caruso, Melo and Trent Jr hitting their open 3s after they double Lillard.

For lakers, Lebron has the ball, AD is covered, the Blazers clogg the lane, he half hearted drives and passes Green, Kuz and Pope instead of try to score himself (he tried 3s but sucks at them). And they missed every single shot. That's defenitely a team with no offensive gameplan. When your superstar go to move in the clutch is pass open bums because he only knows how to attack the basket.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
When your best on the ball back court defender sits out due to the pandemic (Bradley) they were going to be in trouble. The worst thing that could have happened for them was to have Portland win the play in game

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Avery Bradley is not the difference. Unless his shooting is hot (they replaced him with better offensive player, even if he didn't play). And Caruso is decent enough in D to take his role. But generally just a very mismatch of a team with no shooting. AD sucking when you need him don't help either.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Avery Bradley is not the difference. Unless his shooting is hot (they replaced him with better offensive player, even if he didn't play). And Caruso is decent enough in D to take his role. But generally just a very mismatch of a team with no shooting. AD sucking when you need him don't help either.

For on the ball defense, he is absolutely the difference. What are you talking about?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He brings shooting and perimeter defense, and he was a starter before going down. I think his absence will be felt

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There’s no defense that will stop Portland from scoring, you need offense to beat them.

Dame dolla was pulling in from 36 feet, ain’t no stopping him.

Osman’s right about Lebron and AD being the only consistent threat. If the rest of the starters/bench don’t get hot every game, they’re not making it past the first round. Lebron had a career night too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There’s no defense that will stop Portland from scoring, you need offense to beat them.

Osman’s right about Lebron and AD being the only consistent threat. If the rest of the starters/bench don’t get hot every game, they’re not making it past the first round. Lebron had a career night too.
Bradley's defense does matter, though. His on the ball defense allows the rest of the team to not have to switch over to double up whomever he is guarding, even if it is an elite PG. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that Dame won't still get his, because he will. But what it DOES mean is that other players on the wing for the Blazers won't be open for 3's.

And yeah, the offense is pretty lousy, and it has been ever since they got back. I don't know how that gets fixed, to be honest.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For on the ball defense, he is absolutely the difference. What are you talking about?
Lillard was quiet for like almost 3 quarters (between end of 1st til mid of 4th, he scored 2), CJ anonymous for most of game except last 4 minutes. You didn't lose because of lack of perimeter defense, but because you shot 14% from 3, and rest of team except Lebron were 32% from the field. It was close game until end, you lost because your offense is awful. You played catch up for whole game but were let down offensively by 4 of the 5 players on court at all times.

Unless Bradley would be shooting really well (or can stop Lillard from hitting couple of 37 feet bombs out of nowhere), not that detrimentally missed (but missed still, D role player allways useful), because KCP replaced his role when they moved Bron to PG, and KCP/Caruso took turns on Lillard adequately.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Career night when he took just 20 shots and 7 FTs? Davis shot 8-24. The whole team shot less than 20% from 3. Dame was almost 50% from 3 on 13 attempts. And the team still lost by 7.

Bench was not the issue here (even though they didn't step up), James and Davis need to stop playing it cute and take over games. Because it's your stars that win you playoff series, not benches

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lillard was quiet for like almost 3 quarters (between end of 1st til mid of 4th, he scored 2), CJ anonymous for most of game except last 4 minutes. You didn't lose because of lack of perimeter defense, but because you shot 14% from 3, and rest of team except Lebron were 32% from the field. It was close game until end, you lost because your offense is awful. You played catch up for whole game but were let down offensively by 4 of the 5 players on court at all times.

Unless Bradley would be shooting really well (or can stop Lillard from hitting couple of 37 feet bombs out of nowhere), not that detrimentally missed (but missed still, D role player allways useful), because KCP replaced his role when they moved Bron to PG, and KCP/Caruso took turns on Lillard adequately.

Well, he was shooting almost 37% from 3 this year

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Luka tying up the series at 1-1 puts the natural born fear into clips fans hearts

not sure how many folks would proudly call themselves clips fans before Kawhi signing last summer

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Watched the 1st half, Troy Burke put up a fine performance. Why did you guys let him go again @ALC ?

- - - Updated - - -

And if Porzingis wasn't ejected in the 1st game, this could have possibly been a 0-2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 29)