The NBA Thread (104 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, Golden State trades him along with Wiggins for a star player?

It would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it? You'd have to take back 37 million in contracts. The real key though is which teams that already have a star player, be willing to trade that star player to get LaMelo but 4 more years of Wiggins?

- - - Updated - - -

If Minnesota does get lucky enough to get the 1st pick, they really shouldn't think of anybody else but Lamelo.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it? You'd have to take back 37 million in contracts. The real key though is which teams that already have a star player, be willing to trade that star player to get LaMelo but 4 more years of Wiggins?

- - - Updated - - -

If Minnesota does get lucky enough to get the 1st pick, they really shouldn't think of anybody else but Lamelo.
Its hard to predict at the moment, last summer for example I didn't see the George trade happening either. Then again Jerry West is not there anymore so maybe they won't maximize their assets after all. But if they do they are a legit threat again.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Just finished match, it was amazing, they are offensively better team despite Clipps being so loaded, Luka is just historic freak talent. KP is too much to handle for them, and Boban was great off the bench, really whole Mavs bench were amazing, Burke torched them. Clipps supposed to be the best defensive perimeter team in the league, but two games in a row Mavs exposed them in that.

They would probably won first match too if the refs didnt eject KP for utter nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Something is definitely wrong with the Clips since the bubble started. They are struggling handling Boban then you know something is amiss

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Its hard to predict at the moment, last summer for example I didn't see the George trade happening either. Then again Jerry West is not there anymore so maybe they won't maximize their assets after all. But if they do they are a legit threat again.

I could definitely see Golden State trading out, considering that the Top 2 prospects are position players that they are already strong in.

however, I could also see them trade a couple of those pieces away, and start over again. That wouldn't surprise me at all. Klay Thompson would have a lot of trade value. I don't think Steph is going anywhere. He's as tied to that franchise as you could get.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This shows why police reform is necessary. The cop shoved Masai, said Masai was the instigator, and sued him. Masai countersued. Body cam video comes out showing the cop is the guilty part and the entire police department still backs him up. In the end, they’ll probably have to pay a shitlod of money to Masai and in court fees that will end up being taxpayer money. @Hustini

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This shows why police reform is necessary. The cop shoved Masai, said Masai was the instigator, and sued him. Masai countersued. Body cam video comes out showing the cop is the guilty part and the entire police department still backs him up. In the end, they’ll probably have to pay a shitlod of money to Masai and in court fees that will end up being taxpayer money. @Hustini

That's the benefit of forcing cops to wear body cams.

- - - Updated - - -

aka "reform"

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cleveland won't pick him. They already have 2 Point Guards. He would be perfect in Minnesota, but I doubt they get that lucky.

Not really, he is a top tier (amongst the 3) talent, but he cant shoot and cant defend, thats two things we need badly, shooting and defending. Especially the defending.

Also Wiseman is considered the consesus nr 1 pick, but not that many teams need a Center (outside of Warriors etc), plus Edwards close by as the best combo forward. Ball is the most flashiest talent, but has few red flag issues with his game that some may be wary on. He needs to go to a bonafide settled top organisation to slowly develop him, not bottom feeder who will let him play his awful chucker mechanics he is used to (he averages like 20s from the field in australia with his shooting) that might let him regress more as a player. Thats atleast what all the scout report experts are saying.

- - - Updated - - -

I could definitely see Golden State trading out, considering that the Top 2 prospects are position players that they are already strong in.

however, I could also see them trade a couple of those pieces away, and start over again. That wouldn't surprise me at all. Klay Thompson would have a lot of trade value. I don't think Steph is going anywhere. He's as tied to that franchise as you could get.

Wiseman is exactly what they need, Center. But they may not value that position enough to go nr 1 for it, and may go for Edwards instead, this is a wing league after all. Or most likely, that they will trade down and get some assets. I dont think they will trade the pick outright for a player, because cap space issues, and not that many teams see this draft as a cant miss franchise talent draft that would make them give up an allstar player for nr 1 pick for. But if it was, the perfect one for them would be getting Simmons.

It would SUPER shocking if they trade Klay, after he was out injured a year, he is as much warrior homer like Curry, will retire there most likely.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not really, he is a top talent, but he cant shoot and cant defend, thats two things we need badly, shooting and defending.

Also Wiseman is considered the consesus nr 1 pick, but not that many teams need a Center (outside of Warriors etc), plus Edwards close by as the best combo forward. Ball is the most flashiest talent, but has few red flag issues with his game that some may be wary on. He needs to go to a bonafide settled top organisation to slowly develop him, not bottom feeder who will let him play his awful chucker mechanics he is used to (he averages like 20s from the field in australia with his shooting) that might let him regress more as a player. Thats atleast what all the scout report experts are saying.
Wiseman is not considered the #1 pick. He hasn't been for a while. It's been a 2 horse race for the better part of the year between Lamelo and Anthony Edwards.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Something is definitely wrong with the Clips since the bubble started. They are struggling handling Boban then you know something is amiss

Watch them closely, they dont even move with the play, no plays, no off the ball cuts, everyone just standing still watching teammate playing iso ball, Kawhi plays iso, then its lous turn, then its PGs turn etc. No playmaking, no real offensive gameplan coaching (other then Lou plays pick and rolls with a rusty Harell), Doc Rivers is a motivator and player management guru, but his actual tactical coaching is lacking. Plus they supposed to be the best defensive perimeter team, but they keep missing their assignments all game long, and generally seem lazy and disengaged. Really weird by them so far. Need to bounce back quick.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But then again, it all depends on where the lottery ends up. But as far as the consensus, ti has been Ball and Edwards for a while now

- - - Updated - - -

@Osman, and who knows, he might fall to Minnesota at #3 if the Cavaliers jump ahead of you. The last thing they need is ANOTHER Point Guard.

KAT would absolutely love playing with Lamelo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

This because no one is that fond of THAT fond of the top 3 guys enough to see them as must get players (all 3 of them have questionable narratives in performances/attitude etc), so they are wary of secong guessing themselves of who to take, or trading down or risk getting fleeced etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Our President of basketball operations Rosa is ready to pick whoever is the best possible pick, regardless of fit. When he is talking about bigs next to Kat in the draft, he dont mean Wiseman, unlikely they draft a center, but power forwards like Toppin or Okongwu. Former more of a scorer/shooter, the latter a athletic defender.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Osman ;) congrats, bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats @Osman

- - - Updated - - -

Lol Dame Dolla has made 55 three pointers from 30 + feet out at a clip of 41%

guy’s insane
It’s too bad he has never had a real legit team around him. Would have loved to see him play with Lebron in Cleveland... Lebron’s passing and his shooting would have been something else.

Or now, put him on your 76ers instead of Horford and/or Harris. Him spacing the floor for Simmons and Embiid, while draining three after three would be something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 96)