The NBA Thread (60 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Luka tying up the series at 1-1 puts the natural born fear into clips fans hearts

not sure how many folks would proudly call themselves clips fans before Kawhi signing last summer

Just finished match, it was amazing, they are offensively better team despite Clipps being so loaded, Luka is just historic freak talent. KP is too much to handle for them, and Boban was great off the bench, really whole Mavs bench were amazing, Burke torched them. Clipps supposed to be the best defensive perimeter team in the league, but two games in a row Mavs exposed them in that.

They would probably won first match too if the refs didnt eject KP for utter nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Watched the 1st half, Troy Burke put up a fine performance. Why did you guys let him go again @ALC ?

- - - Updated - - -

And if Porzingis wasn't ejected in the 1st game, this could have possibly been a 0-2
idk why we let him go. Bad management from
brand, he’s not concerned at all about shooters which are the one thing we need the most

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Since we take Luka for granted currently, even if this more offensive era, this is just insane for playoff debute (schooling two superstars who guarding him alot):

Playoffs Debut

Luka (20): 35.0pts (70.2ts%), 8.0ast, 7.5reb
Lebron (21): 30.8pts (55.7ts%), 5.8ast, 8.1reb
Jordan (21): 29.3pts (56.5ts%), 8.5ast, 5.8reb
Magic (21): 18.3pts (59.6ts%), 9.4ast, 10.5reb
Kareem (22): 35.2pts (60.8ts%), 4.1ast, 16.8reb
Wilt (23): 33.2pts (49.8ts%), 2.1ast, 25.8reb
Bird (23): 21.3pts (51.1ts%), 4.7ast, 11.2reb

He has 70 in two first playoff games, beating narrowly Kareems record of 69 (and Carlisle sat Luka alot due to foul trouble, or for having huge lead in 4th). Not to mention his debute is against the best perimeter defense in the league, and clearly the best team in the league.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That wont work against him, its because he is not that athletic, the wow factor is easier with casuals when you are a freak athlete. He was already seen as top 5 player months into his rookie season, and hasnt left that estimation since (except up, seen as MVP level nowadays), every BBall head is absolutely raving about his goat level skills. But for casuals is easier to promote a player if they are freakish athletes (NBA stars are supposed to be larger then life athletic freaks for most normal people), instead of finesse/supreme skilled ones. Curry had this issue, even Harden does etc. Its not something that pops out as easily, its something you appreciate when you watch them regurarly and are fan of the game.

P.S Not being american is another huge key factor too (Bird was american and huge front face of the league), probably most important one, Giannis is the freakiest of freaks, human highlight reel, but he is not american, so he wont get the key to the kingdom like an american player would in terms of being the face of the league. Despite being the best player in the league for couple of years. It will take quite a while for the US to get used to the idea that the face of the league can be a non american player.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That wont work against him, its because he is not that athletic, the wow factor is easier with casuals when you are a freak athlete. He was already seen as top 5 player months into his rookie season, and hasnt left that estimation since, every BBall head is absolutely raving about his goat level skills. But for casuals is easier to promote a player if they are freakish athletes (NBA stars are supposed to be larger then life athletic freaks for most normal people), instead of finesse/supreme skilled ones. Curry had this issue, even Harden does etc. Its not something as that pops out as easily, its something you appreciate when you watch them regurarly and are fan of the game.

P.S Not being american is another key factor too, probably most important one, Giannis is the freakiest of freaks, human highlight reel, but he is not american, so he wont get the key to the kingdom like an american player would in terms of being the face of the league. Despite being the best player in the league for couple of years. It will take quite a while for the US to get used to the idea that the face of the league can be a non american player.
you could be right. The dude was a Europeleague MVP at like 18 and didn’t get drafted first. The disrespect!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah that was straight up disrespectful, alot of people were saying he is not as good as Turkoglu even, or is another Ricky Rubio etc lol. Suns, Kings (especially them) and Hawks are gonna eat crow for the rest of their lives for passing up on him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah that was straight up disrespectful, alot of people were saying he is not as good as Turkoglu even, or is another Ricky Rubio etc lol. Suns, Kings (especially them) and Hawks are gonna eat crow for the rest of their lives for passing up on him.

I think the Hawks are pretty happy with Trae Young. Let's not make it sound like they got a garbage player in that deal. You make it sound like it was a Scottie Pippen- Olden Polynice type of swap

- - - Updated - - -

Since we take Luka for granted currently, even if this more offensive era, this is just insane for playoff debute (schooling two superstars who guarding him alot):

Playoffs Debut

Luka (20): 35.0pts (70.2ts%), 8.0ast, 7.5reb
Lebron (21): 30.8pts (55.7ts%), 5.8ast, 8.1reb
Jordan (21): 29.3pts (56.5ts%), 8.5ast, 5.8reb
Magic (21): 18.3pts (59.6ts%), 9.4ast, 10.5reb
Kareem (22): 35.2pts (60.8ts%), 4.1ast, 16.8reb
Wilt (23): 33.2pts (49.8ts%), 2.1ast, 25.8reb
Bird (23): 21.3pts (51.1ts%), 4.7ast, 11.2reb

He has 70 in two first playoff games, beating narrowly Kareems record of 69 (and Carlisle sat Luka alot due to foul trouble, or for having huge lead in 4th). Not to mention his debute is against the best perimeter defense in the league, and clearly the best team in the league.
I don't think anyone does, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

idk why we let him go. Bad management from
brand, he’s not concerned at all about shooters which are the one thing we need the most

Don't feel bad, buddy. Both our teams done fucked up on Jayson Tatum :lol:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think the Hawks are pretty happy with Trae Young. Let's not make it sound like they got a garbage player in that deal. You make it sound like it was a Scottie Pippen- Olden Polynice type of swap

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anyone does, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't feel bad, buddy. Both our teams done fucked up on Jayson Tatum :lol:
trae is great but I’d build a team out of Luka over him 100 times out of 100. However Trae is good enough for them not to regret their decision.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Trae Young is very good. Allstar level guaranteed. They got their due with the pick. But still Luka was the must pick.

Because the difference between him and Luka is like the difference between Lebron and Kyrie Irving. The former guarantees dominant winning basketball, the latter gives you volume scoring but leads you to losses mainly as the first option.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
trae is great but I’d build a team out of Luka over him 100 times out of 100. However Trae is good enough for them not to regret their decision.

I think most people would, but you also have to take demographics into consideration. I'm not saying that Trae Young wouldn't have been welcomed in Dallas, but him being who he is, suits the Atlanta area probably a little bit better, if you know what I mean.

Dallas needed to put out a winning product, but Atlanta needed a winning product and a gate attraction.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Today is draft lottery, not draft? Which should be sometime October if I recall correctly. Unless they combining it out of the blue.

I expect Wolves to get fucked as usual by the Draft Gods. Have top 3 worse record, but allways drop down in draft, between 7th at best to around 11-12th at worst, has been the case since getting nr one for Towns.

Like last year, got 11th despite really high lottery odds for top 4 pick lol, while Pelicans that were projected for 8th got nr 1. And Lakers got so many years the 2nd pick despite having better record etc.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Top 5 players under 25 in the league within the coming 2-3 seasons:

Tatum, Luka, Ja, Zion, Spida?

I want to put Booker, Trae, Simmons, Michael Porter Jr. and SGA in there as well :sigh:
Zion is still unproven as shit I think Luka is on his own category and then everyone else you mentioned is sort of similar league. I think Simmons has the most potential of those tho

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Today is draft lottery, not draft? Which should be sometime October if I recall correctly. Unless they combining it out of the blue.

I expect Wolves to get fucked as usual by the Draft Gods. Have top 3 worse record, but allways drop down in draft, between 7th at best to around 11-12th at worst, has been the case since getting nr one for Towns.

Like last year, got 11th despite really high lottery odds for top 4 pick lol, while Pelicans that were projected for 8th got nr 1. And Lakers got so many years the 2nd pick despite having better record etc.
yes loterry
Ef0fXOEU4AAA3ap?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)