The NBA Thread (63 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Looks like Lue wanted assurance that LeBron couldn’t fire him.

Have to assume the Laker ownership has some sort of a fall back plan.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The genius that is Brad Stevens just got bounced from the playoffs by losing 4 in a row. That's about as close to a sweep as you can get.

Fuck you Boston.

Alos, Stephen A.Smith is saying that Buss is considering trading Lebron. Probably the smartest move she can do at this point. Not as smart as her twitter profile pic tho.

jeanie_buss_400x400.jpg

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The genius that is Brad Stevens just got bounced from the playoffs by losing 4 in a row. That's about as close to a sweep as you can get.

Fuck you Boston.

Alos, Stephen A.Smith is saying that Buss is considering trading Lebron. Probably the smartest move she can do at this point. Not as smart as her twitter profile pic tho.

jeanie_buss_400x400.jpg
Notice how @acmilan never shows up after his team’s get smacked down, but is always around when his teams win. :lol3:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Notice how @acmilan never shows up after his team’s get smacked down, but is always around when his teams win. :lol3:
lol no surprise there. i like him and all, he used to be able to take some ribbing. now he's just ghosting us unless the Pats win the superbowl and he posts some stuff and then peaces out again.

This Rockets-Warriors series is incredible, a lot of good back and forth and all games have been so close

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
lol no surprise there. i like him and all, he used to be able to take some ribbing. now he's just ghosting us unless the Pats win the superbowl and he posts some stuff and then peaces out again.

This Rockets-Warriors series is incredible, a lot of good back and forth and all games have been so close
:tup:

I hope Embiid gets his health issues sorted out. Depressing to watch him struggle out there like the past two games.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:tup:

I hope Embiid gets his health issues sorted out. Depressing to watch him struggle out there like the past two games.
Same. He needs to stop drinking four cookie cream milkshakes during plane rides and following it with 4 Chick-fil-A sandwiches. Unhealthy as shit, no wonder he’s sick half the time.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Fuck you Boston.

jeanie_buss_400x400.jpg
I get it now. Not only does Jeanie not want Lebron on the Lakers, I have a feeling that she NEVER wanted him on the Lakers. This was all Magic, and she trusted him.

It makes sense. The 3 year contract offer to Lue (which ties into the length of Lebron's contract) The leaks that Kawhi is her #1 priority. A quiet, unassuming guy who only cares about basketball. Say what you want about Kobe, but when Kobe was playing, he was ONLY about basketball. She wants guys that are 100% Committed.

This is also the 2nd time that her trading Lebron has come up.

In regards to her twitter pic, that's nothing compared to her Playboy spread.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I get it now. Not only does Jeanie not want Lebron on the Lakers, I have a feeling that she NEVER wanted him on the Lakers. This was all Magic, and she trusted him.

It makes sense. The 3 year contract offer to Lue (which ties into the length of Lebron's contract) The leaks that Kawhi is her #1 priority. A quiet, unassuming guy who only cares about basketball. Say what you want about Kobe, but when Kobe was playing, he was ONLY about basketball. She wants guys that are 100% Committed.

This is also the 2nd time that her trading Lebron has come up.

In regards to her twitter pic, that's nothing compared to her Playboy spread.
What makes you so sure Jeannie knows so much about basketball tho? I’m pretty sure she’s the main problem, she’s the one who hired Pelinka and Magic and is now leading the Lakers pretty much nowhere.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What makes you so sure Jeannie knows so much about basketball tho? I’m pretty sure she’s the main problem, she’s the one who hired Pelinka and Magic and is now leading the Lakers pretty much nowhere.

I'm not saying she's a basketball savant. I'm simply suggesting that all of these tea leaves that I'm reading leads me to believe that she never wanted him. I wouldn't blame Lebron if he asked to be traded. This isn't what he signed up for.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think that it would be very smart for them to consider trading Lebron, even if it is 60 cents on the dollar. The only thing they gave up for him was money.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm not saying she's a basketball savant. I'm simply suggesting that all of these tea leaves that I'm reading leads me to believe that she never wanted him. I wouldn't blame Lebron if he asked to be traded. This isn't what he signed up for.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think that it would be very smart for them to consider trading Lebron, even if it is 60 cents on the dollar. The only thing they gave up for him was money.
I guess Lebron can get a lot of value now but nothing that would make it worth trading him imo.

And also, what does that say to other free agents you’re trying to attract? You’re pretty much stuck with him unless he asks to leave.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I guess Lebron can get a lot of value now but nothing that would make it worth trading him imo.

And also, what does that say to other free agents you’re trying to attract? You’re pretty much stuck with him unless he asks to leave.

I think that if Lebron stays, there should only be one free agent that they should concentrate on. If I were Lebron, and if what he said is true about recruiting free agents, then I would fly to Logan Airport, get a stretch limousine, pick up Kyrie Irving, and talk to him until he agrees to sign.

Now, Kyrie is a HORRIBLE leader. Terrible. But he is an amazing Beta, and is a killer. Put Lebron, Kyrie, those young kids, and the 11th pick in the draft, and how far could they go? Denver or Portland are going to the WCF with only 1 legitimate superstar on their team. CJ Mcollum is very very good, and Jamal Murray is a rising star, but having multiple stars to get to the finals may not be a prerequisite anymore

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Bucks vs Raptors.

Nuggets vs Rockets? If KD is out for an extended period, I can see the Rockets finally beating the Warrios.

Even taking KD out of the equation, Golden State's top 2 players are better than Houston's top 2, especially since Chris Paul is starting to show his age. So then it falls on the rest of the team, and I still think that GS has the advantage.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Even taking KD out of the equation, Golden State's top 2 players are better than Houston's top 2, especially since Chris Paul is starting to show his age. So then it falls on the rest of the team, and I still think that GS has the advantage.
Harden becomes the de facto best player in that series if KD is out. The Warriors have a light bench, especially with Boogie out. I still think the Warriors will edge it, but this is arguably Houston's best chance.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Harden becomes the de facto best player in that series if KD is out. The Warriors have a light bench, especially with Boogie out. I still think the Warriors will edge it, but this is arguably Houston's best chance.
However, Golden State is a different team without KD, and not in a bad way., They will push the ball up the floor at a more frenetic pace, and more fluid passing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 58)