The NBA Thread (64 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
True. Less isos, and no deferring to KD. A lot more ball movement and pace. They could potentially be more dangerous.

It's how they won it before KD.

You very rarely see a situation where a team loses not only its best player, but possibly the best player in its respective league, and potentially not miss a beat.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's how they won it before KD.

You very rarely see a situation where a team loses not only its best player, but possibly the best player in its respective league, and potentially not miss a beat.
:agree: :tup: I can see that. I still want to bet on the Bucks winning the whole thing. I feel that Giannis is really hungry for a title :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
True. Less isos, and no deferring to KD. A lot more ball movement and pace. They could potentially be more dangerous.

Thats how Curry was on 5 pts just 4-5 minutes left of 3rd, playing like garbage missing open layups, shooting badly whole series, but as soon as KD went down injuried, its like the desperation kicked in and he realized he is superbly elite player, scored 15 in one quarter and 20 pts overall since KD went down. This is the same player that was looking like a scrub turning over and missing layups left and right aslong as he had KD iso to fall back on. Its really peculiar.

I agree with BC81, Harden in this current state is better then Curry this playoff series (even if Harden dissapeared in 4th quarter). He is too smooth in creating his shot and attacking the basket. If Curry's shot isnt working/he cant deal with the physical play by the D, he has little to fall back on right now since he isnt athletic/smooth enough in attacking the basket. I wouldnt be suprised if he wasnt playing semi-injured, or he is just way off for some reason.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As an unbiased observer of the playoffs for the 6th year in a row, I think it's time to break up the Rockets.

You can't beat a depleted Golden State team at home? It's over.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Chris Paul is too old. Cappella and Harden are a good core the build around.

With what salary cap space? There is none

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm not saying it in a needling type of way, Aaron. I jsut don't see where there is any roster flexibility

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
With what salary cap space? There is none

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm not saying it in a needling type of way, Aaron. I jsut don't see where there is any roster flexibility
Morey is the best GM in the league, obviously have to cut some big pieces like Gordon et al. But they’re not going to blow things up because the Warriors are too good. If anything they might take a step back. The Rockets have never really been one of those teams to lose with hopes of getting better.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Congrats on the Frank Vogel appointment @CR 7 Not the most inspiring choice, but he is a good defensive coach, was excellent in Indiana years ago when they used to go head to head with Brons Miami. You dodged a bullet with Lue not accepting the 3 year contract, and Vogel doing it.

Also its bit iffy he will have Jason Kidd as assistant coach, it almost feels like they setting up for Kidd to take over if Vogel gets fired mid season or sometime during the 3 year period.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Congrats on the Frank Vogel appointment @CR 7 Not the most inspiring choice, but he is a good defensive coach, was excellent in Indiana years ago when they used to go head to head with Brons Miami. You dodged a bullet with Lue not accepting the 3 year contract, and Vogel doing it.

Also its bit iffy he will have Jason Kidd as assistant coach, it almost feels like they setting up for Kidd to take over if Vogel gets fired mid season or sometime during the 3 year period.
I don't hate it. I really don't. As you said, he is a good defensive coach. I'm not sure why the front office is insistent on having Jason Kidd there.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I do know WHY. It's just weird optics

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@ALC thought you were claiming a championship, bro. :lol3:

The amount of shade you throw at my team, you deserve this ribbing, but honestly I feel for you. Tough way to go down.

Simmons only taking 5 shots, only 5 assists, and 5 turnovers is a joke for a game 7. Dude needs to develop a shot.

And a big man like Embiid shooting 6-18 in a game 7? Wtf is he attempting 6 threes for? That shouldn’t be his game. Him and Harris also sucked balls at boxing out. Raptors picked up 16 offensive boards.

Harris has a decent game 7, but a garbage series. I think he shot around 38%. :sergio:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@ALC thought you were claiming a championship, bro. :lol3:

The amount of shade you throw at my team, you deserve this ribbing, but honestly I feel for you. Tough way to go down.

Simmons only taking 5 shots, only 5 assists, and 5 turnovers is a joke for a game 7. Dude needs to develop a shot.

And a big man like Embiid shooting 6-18 in a game 7? Wtf is he attempting 6 threes for? That shouldn’t be his game. Him and Harris also sucked balls at boxing out. Raptors picked up 16 offensive boards.

Harris has a decent game 7, but a garbage series. I think he shot around 38%. :sergio:
Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)