The NBA Thread (38 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2004
Magic is interested in getting Rasheed "Trask-talker" Wallace so Hedo is definitely gone. 6ft11 Rasheed has got the inside presence as well as a decent 3-pt shot.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/26/magic-to-pursue-rasheed-wallace-brandon-bass/

Nelson, Carter, Howard, Lewis, Wallace ... thats a blxxdy strong starting 5!!!

Otis Smith is not looking at the future, he is gunning for the title ...
Hell of a starting lineup,maybe the wallace is a player that could help Dwight in offensive and deffensive rebounding,as well as from mid range to long range jumpers. That partnership will be the mos similiar to Shaq-Horace back in mid 90's. Lewis-Carter-Nelson back court line looks the most dominant in the league IMO. There will still be one problem....creation. Not too many people understand what Magic lost by releasing him....he's the best point forward in the league and I'm not sure who will replace Nelson if he gets injured and let's face it,he is injury prone. And if they loose Gortat,team will be 20% weaker than last term.

Mar 14, 2004
1. Ron Artest, SF, Houston

Key stats: 17.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.3 apg

Artest is still one of the best two-way players in the league and gave the Rockets the toughness they needed to get past the first round. With Tracy McGrady not likely to return to action for a while, Houston needs him back, but he's bound to have other suitors.

2. Hedo Turkoglu, SF, Orlando (Early Termination Option)

Key stats: 16.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.9 apg

Turkoglu will give back the $7 million on his current contract for 2009-10 to take advantage of his strong postseason and get a new deal. Plus, the Magic's trade for Vince Carter likely puts Turkoglu out on the free market. If you need somebody to make plays and hit big shots, Turkoglu's your man.

3. Lamar Odom, PF, L.A. Lakers

Key stats: 11.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.6 apg

Odom sacrificed his minutes and stats in a contract year, which is not an easy thing for NBA players to accept. But it paid off with a championship and it will pay off when teams start calling agent Jeff Schwartz on Tuesday night. The numbers don't tell the whole story. Odom's versatility and ability to handle the ball at 6-foot-10 are valuable, especially to the Lakers, who can't count on Andrew Bynum to stay out of foul trouble.

4. Paul Millsap, PF, Utah (Restricted)

Key stats: 13.5 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.8 apg

Boozer's absence this season gave Millsap the chance to showcase his skills and earn a big paycheck this summer. He's an elite rebounder with an improving offensive game. The 24-year-old has missed just six games in his first three seasons, making him a better long-term investment than Boozer.

5. Charlie Villanueva, PF, Milwaukee (Restricted)

Key stats: 16.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.8 apg

The Bucks did not extend a qualifying offer to Villanueva, making him an unrestricted free agent. He lacks toughness down low, but is a potent scorer with versatility. He should get some offers at the mid-level exception (Cleveland is one possibility), but may not get more than that.

6. David Lee, PF, New York (Restricted)

Key stats: 16.0 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 2.1 apg

Like many on this list, Lee had his best season in a contract year. Thanks to Mike D'Antoni's system, Lee led the league in double-doubles (65) as the only true big man in the Knicks' lineup. He'd be a great role player to complement any star that the Knicks might bring in next summer, but re-signing him will take away some 2010 cap space.

7. Trevor Ariza, SF, L.A. Lakers

Key stats: 8.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg

What do you get when you combine a lock-down defender with a guy who can knock down open threes? You get Ariza, the perfect role player. He made a big contribution to the Lakers' championship run, which came just in time to take a step up in salary.

8. Marvin Williams, SF, Atlanta (Restricted)

Key stats: 13.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.3 apg

Williams has never justified his status as the No. 2 pick in the 2005 Draft. But he has improved steadily over his four seasons and became a solid shooter last season before back problems sidelined him down the stretch. He's the youngest player in the top 10 and can fill holes on both ends of the floor.

9. Ben Gordon, SG, Chicago

Key Stats: 20.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.4 apg

It's a bit baffling that the Pistons are reportedly ready to offer Gordon a big contract. They're losing their two starters on the frontline and have made signing a 6-3 shooting guard a priority when they're pretty well set in the backcourt with Rodney Stuckey, Rip Hamilton and Arron Afflalo.

10. Shawn Marion, PF, Toronto

Key Stats: 12.9 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.0 apg

The Raptors need defense and rebounding, and that's exactly what Marion brings. So, they'd be wise to try to keep him. Whether he wants to stay is another story.

The Next 15:

11. Rasheed Wallace, C, Detroit
12. Jason Kidd, PG, Dallas
13. Andre Miller, PG, Philadelphia
14. Anderson Varejao, PF, Cleveland
15. Mike Bibby, PG, Atlanta
16. Allen Iverson, SG, Detroit
17. Glen Davis, PF, Boston (Restricted)
18. Raymond Felton, PG, Charlotte (Restricted)
19. Ramon Sessions, PG, Milwaukee (Restricted)
20. Marcin Gortat, C, Orlando (Restricted)
21. Antonio McDyess, PF, Detroit
22. Brandon Bass, PF, Dallas
23. Zaza Pachulia, C, Atlanta
24. Chris Andersen, C, Denver
25. Jarrett Jack, PG, Indiana (Restricted)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I really think that L.A. will re-sign both Odom and Ariza. They could honestly care less about the luxury tax. They are one of the richest teams inthe NBA.

It looks like Orlando will try to make a run for the title next year if they sign Wallace. Although their bench is going to be dreadful, especially if they lose Gortat. Who will they have left, just Pietrus??

There is no way DeVos is going to want to go over the Luxury tax threshold. Christ, they have to be against it right now to begin with.

and Kidd to the Knicks????

Haaaaaaaaaaa........................................................

Oh yeah, Lebron is going to want to LOVE going to the Knicks next year when their roster consists of nothing.

If he goes to New York, its to the Nets, not the Knicks

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
L.A. would be dumb not to re-sign Odom and Ariza. The Spurs may sign Rasheed thus rounding out the team and making them clear favorites in the west.

And about Lebron, we'll just wait and see

Mar 14, 2004
Hm,wait and see what gonna happen with David Lee. I would love to see him in Magic but his salary demands will be astronomic.only Knicks can match it IMO. If they(Magic) loose Gortat(which is what I would hate to see) then Pachulia is the next option. Anthony Johnson brings a veteran replacement for PG,and maybe Antonio McDyess for a PF backup?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
L.A. would be dumb not to re-sign Odom and Ariza. The Spurs may sign Rasheed thus rounding out the team and making them clear favorites in the west.

And about Lebron, we'll just wait and see
The clear favorites in the West??

How?

They'll be just as old, if not older then they were last year

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hm,wait and see what gonna happen with David Lee. I would love to see him in Magic but his salary demands will be astronomic.only Knicks can match it IMO. If they(Magic) loose Gortat(which is what I would hate to see) then Pachulia is the next option. Anthony Johnson brings a veteran replacement for PG,and maybe Antonio McDyess for a PF backup?
It all depends on what they want to do with the Luxury tax. Plus you would have to assume that those players would accept a Mid Level Exception or a Lower level exception to want to play there. Orlando is not like New York, Boston, or L.A., where the revenue streams are astronomical and the owners won't mind paying dollar for dollar on how much they are over the luxury tax threshold.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Joe Dumars were smart, Detroit shouldn't do a damn thing this year in Free Agency. They are already almost 20 million under the cap, adn with contracts coming off the books next year, they will have an unbelievable amount of cap room next year

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i'm not going to bother arguing with you. but you are implying that adding richard jefferson and rasheed doesn't make a team better.
I just want to know where you think that the Spurs would be the"clear favorites" in the West over the Lakers.

I'm just curious

I didn't say that it wouldn't make them better.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My wish list as a Laker fan.

#1) Re-sign Odom and Ariza (obviously)
#2) Sign a decent guard with the MLE
#3) Sign a limited, but serviceable back up center with the LLE that can give 10-15 minutes a game

We will see if the Lakers winning it this year will have the same effect of luring some free agents who want to wina ring and would take less money to do so.

Thankfully, the Lakers did not use the LLE last year, so they can use it this year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There are some rumors flying around about a proposed Suns-Lakers trade that would send Bynum, Farmar, and Odom (via sign and trade) to the Suns for Amare Stoudamire.

I will cancel my subscription to NBA League Pass if that happens

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Why,don't you like Stoudamire?

They would have a great center line and a shallow bench :)
He plays no defense whatsoever, and he's had multiple surgeries, including microfracture, and they would potentially have 3 max contract players on the team.

Yeah, I know he's come back well from the microfracture surgery, but still. Dude plays no defense at all

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Hell of a starting lineup,maybe the wallace is a player that could help Dwight in offensive and deffensive rebounding,as well as from mid range to long range jumpers. That partnership will be the mos similiar to Shaq-Horace back in mid 90's. Lewis-Carter-Nelson back court line looks the most dominant in the league IMO. There will still be one problem....creation. Not too many people understand what Magic lost by releasing him....he's the best point forward in the league and I'm not sure who will replace Nelson if he gets injured and let's face it,he is injury prone. And if they loose Gortat,team will be 20% weaker than last term.
Man, how do you get such precision, Cruello!?! But I agree with you on the Gortat issue.
The other guy in the rumor, Bass is a backup to Nowitzki at Dallas. I have not seen his plays but according to articles in NBA.com, he seems like a great pick-up as free agent. He was taking less than a Million in Dallas.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Sheed would be a great signing for the Magic. They can play Lewis at his best position and still spread the floor as Sheed can shoot the ball. He's a perfect fit for the Magic.

If they can go out and sign some squad players, then they'll be set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 24)