The NBA Thread (43 Viewers)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I quite surprised but can't say its a bad deal.
Vince will probably play the 2-Guard and he has the ability to create his own shots.

I'm not convinced too, that Hedo will return but I hope he does. If not Magic will probably go round searching for a decent PF. Lewis is better off as the No.3, he is too soft for the No.4.

And Magic does not have any draft picks ...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
The Magic just got a lot better. Having Lewis at the 4 means the Magic can spread that offense out and get open looks from 3. Another added benefit of having him at the 4 is that he can drag his defender away from the basket, leaving Howard 1 on 1 in the paint. It's not a bad way to play, especially since you have the one of the best center's in Howard, and now with the addition of Carter, the best perimeter shooters in the league. With Lewis at the 4, if the opposing team decides to double on Howard, all the Magic have to do is move the ball and find the open look. More times than not, Nelson, Carter and Lewis will knock down open 3's. Having said that Howard really needs to work on his passing out of the low post. If he can develop that part of his game, it will only make his teammates better.

Even if they don't re-sign Hedo, they are better than last year. Carter is still one of the best Guard's in the league and he can give you that inside outside scoring threat. Carter also takes some of the offensive pressure off guys like Lewis and Howard.

Also, as long as you have Howard under the basket, you won't struggle to get stops defensively.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Spot on Morra10 ...

That's how the Magic run their offense. Its a plus for Lewis on 4 during offense. He is to big for SG and most SF to guard and too fast for the conventional PF.

He is on the receiving end during defense though, esp. if opposition have strong low-post players (e.g Gasol, Odum)

The Magic got by the Cavs bcos their front-line (excl. James) is downright weak and the Celtics do not have KG at the PF position.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
This deal doesnt really reassure me, yes VC is a proven player an all star but orlando gave up a very promising player in courtnee lee to sign him. Vince is 32 years old and has a maximum of 2 years at his prime. If we end up resigning hedo this deal would look like a hit, but I doubt that.

Mar 14, 2004
I quite surprised but can't say its a bad deal.
Vince will probably play the 2-Guard and he has the ability to create his own shots.

I'm not convinced too, that Hedo will return but I hope he does. If not Magic will probably go round searching for a decent PF. Lewis is better off as the No.3, he is too soft for the No.4.

And Magic does not have any draft picks ...
He's not too soft as 4. He showed that in game 5 or 6 I can't remeber against Philly. He ruled with his back play on post and he caused all kind of trouble to them. The problem is,when Howard is playing,there's no space for a classic 4 like t.Battie or someone else cuz Howard is still lot far from an great offensive play.

If they got rid of Lee and Hedo,that would be too bad for them. Lee was only who gave them pace in counter attacks and in offense :(

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
He's not too soft as 4. He showed that in game 5 or 6 I can't remeber against Philly. He ruled with his back play on post and he caused all kind of trouble to them. The problem is,when Howard is playing,there's no space for a classic 4 like t.Battie or someone else cuz Howard is still lot far from an great offensive play.

If they got rid of Lee and Hedo,that would be too bad for them. Lee was only who gave them pace in counter attacks and in offense :(

Exactly my thought...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Hedo is opting out of his contract. So, he's gone. If they run Carter at the 3, they're going to be a really small team next year. I'm sure they'll be interested in whether the Lakers can re-sign both Ariza and Odom. They need to either sign some depth players, or sign a good small forward.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hedo is opting out of his contract. So, he's gone. If they run Carter at the 3, they're going to be a really small team next year. I'm sure they'll be interested in whether the Lakers can re-sign both Ariza and Odom. They need to either sign some depth players, or sign a good small forward.
The Lakers are going to. They better.

Odom and Ariza have both said on record that they would have to be blown away with offers to leave L.A.

And with the Salary Cap going down this year, there aren't going to be a lot of teams that will ahve the sufficient cap space to do too much this year.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
if i were odom or ariza, i wouldn't leave L.A. because they aren't gonna get low ball offers from the Lakers and with the prospect of winning another title makes it logical to stay.

they need to keep the Spurs mindset. players like bowen and manu get paid decent but winning titles also brings in cash and gratification.

odom should know that if he leaves L.A. he will go back to mediocrity

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007

He caused problems cos he got the mis-matches and his low-post plays took advantage of that. I meant Lewis is soft on the defensive ends when he got matched up against 6-10/6-11, 250 pounds PF.

Howard is the top rebounder in the league but Magic can't expect him to get all the rebounds in the game esp. if they wanna make him the focal point in attack.
Even a dominant player like Shaq has had Horace Grant to help him crash all those rebounds in the paint.

Thinking bad, getting rid of Courtney Lee can be a really big blunder ...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Fuck Vince Carter. Poor excuse for a leader, this guy fucking hamstrung my team with his lack of effort and massive guaranteed dollars. Totally quit on his teammates, and it was pathetic; after he was traded to NJ, his scoring average jumped over 10 fucking points a game, for the remainder of the season. Forget the J. Kidd theory as well... back then Carter could score 20+ PPG in his sleep.

On another note, I'm pretty excited that the Raptors got Demar Derozan at 9. He's definitely a project, but he projects as being exactly what this team needed. Along with the Evans deal, Toronto just got a lot more athletic. I'm really interested to see what Colangelo can do with 21M dollars to spend. Shawn Marion at a good rate would be a very nice start...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Screw these foreign nobodies that have "great upsides". A bunch of teams missed out on the best post player in the draft. DeJaun Blair, 6'6 and owned the number 2 pick every time he played him. Yet some dude who averages 8 and 4 from the Congo goes top 15 because he has "potential". The NBA is gonna kill college hoops.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Wish it was the other way around.

NBA is even worse than the MLB when it comes to professional leagues, and I hate baseball despite playing it for over a decade.
Ricky Rubio is turning out to be the joke of the draft. Didn't Darko teach us a lesson. If the guy is killing it in a foreign league, fine draft him. If he's kind of tall, jumps real high, and is loaded with "potential" he probably a bust.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ricky Rubio is turning out to be the joke of the draft. Didn't Darko teach us a lesson. If the guy is killing it in a foreign league, fine draft him. If he's kind of tall, jumps real high, and is loaded with "potential" he probably a bust.
Well, I wouldn't know really. The only games I've watched in the past three years in their entirety have been Piston games, which is like a total of five. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 38)