The NBA Thread (24 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't think Sheed will be a starter though. Rumor has it, that he will come in as a bench player, and help the Magic out when they need it, getting a solid 20-22 minutes per game.

What about that Bass guy from Dallas? I was hoping we could get Wade next year, but that isn't going to happen, as we now have Lewis, Carter, and Howard who are amongst the 50 richest athletes in the US (according to CNNSI), let alone the NBA!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
If Gortat leaves, and the Magic sign Sheed, no one else can start but him. Unless they play Lewis at PF and Carter at SF. Which wouldn't make much sense.

They're bench isn't that terrible. They got a decent back-up PG in Johnson, JJ Redick, Pietrus, Anderson, and if they keep him Gortat. All they would need is a couple more depth players to really give the title a run.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Detriot has signed Ben Gorden (5 yrs. $55- $ 60 million) and Charlie Villanueva (5 year $40 million).
Disappointing to me. I suppose they should be offloading some more big earners in the team and have that massive cap space to get ready for the the free agent class of 2010. Totally disappointed :depressed :tdown:

Mar 14, 2004
"A week after the Los Angeles Clippers backed out of a proposed trade that would have sent forward Zach Randolph to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Clippers have changed their minds and will now agree to the deal, with newly acquired Memphis swingman Quentin Richardson going to the Clippers, TNT's David Aldridge reports. The deal can't officially be announced until next week."

As expected,LAC getting rid of the big guys to space up Blake Griffin...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
"A week after the Los Angeles Clippers backed out of a proposed trade that would have sent forward Zach Randolph to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Clippers have changed their minds and will now agree to the deal, with newly acquired Memphis swingman Quentin Richardson going to the Clippers, TNT's David Aldridge reports. The deal can't officially be announced until next week."

As expected,LAC getting rid of the big guys to space up Blake Griffin...
And possibly Lebron James.

Richardson's contract expires after this year

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, I'm hearing that the Lakers might lose Ariza because they are unwilling at the moment to go above the Mid Level Exemption in offering him a contract.

The weird thing is that he might go to Cleveland or somewhere else for the same amount of money, because he feels that the Lakers offer is a slap in the face.

tell me how that makes sense.

Let me get this straight. the Lakers took you off the Orlando scrap heap and helped you develop into the player you are now, and you are looking to leave for the same exact amount of money that other teams can offer you, because you think that the proposal is a slap in the face??

Come again?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Heh heh heh heh heh heh

Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho

Richard Jefferson getting 15 million a year and can't play defense...............

HA ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

21 million for 38 year old Snaq O'neal to the Cavaliers................

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

18 Million for 32 year old Vince Carter, and he's past his prime

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

KG,Pierce,Allen have to FLY OUT TO DETROIT to try and convince a washed up 35 year old Rasheed Wallace to take the mid level exemption

Meanwhile.....................................................................................

Meanwhile......................................................................................

Back at the home of the NBA CHAMPIONS

RON ARTEST FALLS RIGHT INTO THE LAKERS LAPS, AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO GIVE UP A FUCKING THING!!!!!!!!!!

AH HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh it must suck for the rst of the NBA to go through all that trouble for nothing

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
the world has gone mad.....

Erick Dampier no2
I think you probably know this, and I really hope you do, but CV and Dampier aren't even close to the same type of player. Charlie is a 3/4, Dampier is a 5. Charlie has an inside-out game (more mid/out than inside), Dampier has 2 foot range. Dampier can really alter a lot of shots and has survived by playing physical D, CV often forgets defense is part of the game.

Even though there may be some issues with his motor (which could be a big time problem, but isn't certain), 7-8M for Villanueva isn't even a bad deal, when compared to existing contracts. For a guy who's going into what, his fourth year, 25 years old (hasn't hit his prime, which often takes a while for big guys), 6' 11", a guy who put up 16 points and nearly 7 boards a game, that's not half bad. Things are light right now around the league (financially), which is why that number is where it is. A couple years ago for a player with those numbers, youth, and versatility, that figure would be 10M+, easy.

Heh heh heh heh heh heh

Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho

Richard Jefferson getting 15 million a year and can't play defense...............

HA ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

21 million for 38 year old Snaq O'neal to the Cavaliers................

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

18 Million for 32 year old Vince Carter, and he's past his prime

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

KG,Pierce,Allen have to FLY OUT TO DETROIT to try and convince a washed up 35 year old Rasheed Wallace to take the mid level exemption

Meanwhile.....................................................................................

Meanwhile......................................................................................

Back at the home of the NBA CHAMPIONS

RON ARTEST FALLS RIGHT INTO THE LAKERS LAPS, AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO GIVE UP A FUCKING THING!!!!!!!!!!

AH HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh it must suck for the rst of the NBA to go through all that trouble for nothing
You fucking bastard! That is an absolutely massive pick up Sergio... it definitely puts LA back into the driver's seat. Mid level exception... I can't get over that.

Magic fans who thought they had significantly upgraded their team... ouch. Enjoy that massive contract for a 32 year old Vinsanity. Orlando will not beat these Lakers, and now you're saddled with another HUGE cap hit.

Wow. I just couldn't believe this when I read it. Go get Ariza, Toronto!

Yeah, I know that realistically we have basically no shot at that...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Apparently Ariza is going to Houston.

For about 300K more per year than what was offered.

Trevor, I love ya, and thanks for everything last year, but please (ha ha ha) fire your (ho ho ho cough) stupid FUCKING AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HAA HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
so artest to the lakers and ariza to the rockets?

pretty much a pseudo-trade

the rockets get younger and faster (slightly) and the lakers get a vet. i like artest when his head is on straight

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Wtf are the Suns doing? They went from having one of the best teams in the league to one of the worst. And they are still planning to trade Amare. I feel sorry for Stevie Nash. Steve Kerr sucks!!!

Mar 14, 2004
I think you probably know this, and I really hope you do, but CV and Dampier aren't even close to the same type of player. Charlie is a 3/4, Dampier is a 5. Charlie has an inside-out game (more mid/out than inside), Dampier has 2 foot range. Dampier can really alter a lot of shots and has survived by playing physical D, CV often forgets defense is part of the game.

I know all that,I watch a game per night and I'm a betting expert on NBA on one portal over here :)

Mark My words: Charlie will be a flop in Pistons. His stats will be on level,though but he'll end up on transfer list where nobody will want him vuz of overpay for such a player..... Bryant Big Coutry Reeves :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
so artest to the lakers and ariza to the rockets?

pretty much a pseudo-trade

the rockets get younger and faster (slightly) and the lakers get a vet. i like artest when his head is on straight
I love Trevor Ariza, I really do. I remember watching his summer league games back when he was on the Knicks roster.

But, if this can be looked at as a trade, I'm sorry, but Houston got Raped.

Artest is a much better player.

If anyone thinks that Artest and Bryant won't get along, they are actually good friends. Artest conducted a series of interviews with Kobe last summer just before the olympics for NBA TV

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Artest is both a good perimeter defender as well as a low post defender, well, he didn't became a Defensive Player of the year for nothing.

They have the best team now (Fisher, Bryant, Artest, Gasol, Bynum, Odum), no doubt ...

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
" .... Boston lead owner Wyc Grousbeck, general manager Danny Ainge, head coach Doc Rivers, Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce all went to Detroit on Thursday to formally present Wallace with an offer for the full mid-level exception. But they left town without Wallace agreeing to a deal. Wallace will visit San Antonio and Orlando next week, according to a source, before making up his mind. Wallace is not likely to visit Cleveland. ... "

:wth: That's one hot free agent.

By David Aldridge, TNT Analyst
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/02/artest.lakers/index.html

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I love Trevor Ariza, I really do. I remember watching his summer league games back when he was on the Knicks roster.

But, if this can be looked at as a trade, I'm sorry, but Houston got Raped.

Artest is a much better player.

If anyone thinks that Artest and Bryant won't get along, they are actually good friends. Artest conducted a series of interviews with Kobe last summer just before the olympics for NBA TV
That fucking sucks. I was hoping Houston would stay Ron-Ron's team. That guy has a much bigger heart than McFady.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
" .... Boston lead owner Wyc Grousbeck, general manager Danny Ainge, head coach Doc Rivers, Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce all went to Detroit on Thursday to formally present Wallace with an offer for the full mid-level exception. But they left town without Wallace agreeing to a deal. Wallace will visit San Antonio and Orlando next week, according to a source, before making up his mind. Wallace is not likely to visit Cleveland. ... "

:wth: That's one hot free agent.

By David Aldridge, TNT Analyst
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/02/artest.lakers/index.html
Now thats how you do business. Secco should take Del Piero, Chiellini, Buffon and Ciro with him to Liverpool to bring Xabi Alonso with him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 14)