The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Explain. And for the love of god, don't say double standards.
We've had this discussion before :D

Unlike the others, you are trying to improve the situation.

Look at some of the infractions RUS is getting, some of the posts aren't even worth a yellow card.

And how come some mods (Mark, Salvo) give yellow card, and others give infraction points for more or less the same things?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We've had this discussion before :D

Unlike the others, you are trying to improve the situation.

Look at some of the infractions RUS is getting, some of the posts aren't even worth a yellow card.

And how come some mods (Mark, Salvo) give yellow card, and others give infraction points for more or less the same things?
As for the why individual mods give yellows and others give reds for similar offenses, I can't explain. But every yellow card could have been a red card. Personally, I tend to check points before I give an infraction. I don't like to ban people so if someone is on the verge, I will most likely send a warning. But even then people get pissed off. So it's really a no win situation. And people will always have problems with the moderation. Either it's too harsh or too lax.

As for infractions given by other mods. We don't always agree, but in the end it's up to the mod who gave the infraction to reverse it. We always have discussions on how to handle the diffrent issues that occur here in the forum, recent examples would be Conte, Vidal, the CL final. And if we see a place to change things for the better we do that, an example of that would be thread bans and thread closures.

Also I would say if you disagree with an infraction, send a PM explaining why you think it should be reversed. Try not to call the mod a cocksucker though in the PM, that never ends well. Especially if it was only a warning.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
As for the why individual mods give yellows and others give reds for similar offenses, I can't explain. But every yellow card could have been a red card. Personally, I tend to check points before I give an infraction. I don't like to ban people so if someone is on the verge, I will most likely send a warning. But even then people get pissed off. So it's really a no win situation. And people will always have problems with the moderation. Either it's too harsh or too lax.

As for infractions given by other mods. We don't always agree, but in the end it's up to the mod who gave the infraction to reverse it. We always have discussions on how to handle the diffrent issues that occur here in the forum, recent examples would be Conte, Vidal, the CL final. And if we see a place to change things for the better we do that, an example of that would be thread bans and thread closures.

Also I would say if you disagree with an infraction, send a PM explaining why you think it should be reversed. Try not to call the mod a $#@!sucker though in the PM, that never ends well. Especially if it was only a warning.
That was some smooth handling of a tense situation. You can list me as a reference on your next job application.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
As for the why individual mods give yellows and others give reds for similar offenses, I can't explain. But every yellow card could have been a red card. Personally, I tend to check points before I give an infraction.

I don't like to ban people so if someone is on the verge, I will most likely send a warning. But even then people get pissed off. So it's really a no win situation. And people will always have problems with the moderation. Either it's too harsh or too lax.
:tup: More mods should do the same. I am sure the member in question will also appreciate it and tone it down.

You guys don't have some kind of guideline thread?

Some of the mods on the forum aren't even so active. Why not retire them and make new mods instead? Would be like a breath of fresh air on this forum.

Also I would say if you disagree with an infraction, send a PM explaining why you think it should be reversed. Try not to call the mod a cocksucker though in the PM, that never ends well. Especially if it was only a warning.
Cocksucker, or child of incest :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You guys don't have some kind of guideline thread?

Some of the mods on the forum aren't even so active. Why not retire them and make new mods instead? Would be like a breath of fresh air on this forum.
We have the official forum rules thread, but there is so much gray area stuff that we can't always go exactly by the book. For example, take trolling. As long as there is internet there will always be trolling. There is good fun trolling and then there is asshole trolling. And sometimes there isn't much difference between the two. So on occasion an inside joke or harmless jab may look like something else to us.

Consistency is something we discuss often and are working to correct.

Your last point is a good one. We have too many inactive moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)