The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2006
As for the why individual mods give yellows and others give reds for similar offenses, I can't explain. But every yellow card could have been a red card. Personally, I tend to check points before I give an infraction. I don't like to ban people so if someone is on the verge, I will most likely send a warning. But even then people get pissed off. So it's really a no win situation. And people will always have problems with the moderation. Either it's too harsh or too lax.

As for infractions given by other mods. We don't always agree, but in the end it's up to the mod who gave the infraction to reverse it. We always have discussions on how to handle the diffrent issues that occur here in the forum, recent examples would be Conte, Vidal, the CL final. And if we see a place to change things for the better we do that, an example of that would be thread bans and thread closures.

Also I would say if you disagree with an infraction, send a PM explaining why you think it should be reversed. Try not to call the mod a cocksucker though in the PM, that never ends well. Especially if it was only a warning.
Populism, you are priori knew that it won't help

- - - Updated - - -

I think the mods need to represent everyone in the forum and there's no one for the Russians. So why not RUS?
NO

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
hustini would be bad mod. he spams thread with nonsense

imo the idea of non juve potters as mode as great as they are non biased towards juve.

so I nominate @Nostradamus to be our mod (and savior)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
IMO, to be honest, more important than "fairness" is to encourage the better behaviors for the overall good of the forums. I've given out yellows that someone else may have given as a red, but it's about sending a message. If I that message isn't received, things escalate from there. But if it discourages the sort of anti-social behavior we'd like to avoid, then it has done its job. Regardless of any fairness doctrine, which itself could be far more fuzzy grey and laborious to support.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
IMO, to be honest, more important than "fairness" is to encourage the better behaviors for the overall good of the forums. I've given out yellows that someone else may have given as a red, but it's about sending a message. If I that message isn't received, things escalate from there. But if it discourages the sort of anti-social behavior we'd like to avoid, then it has done its job. Regardless of any fairness doctrine, which itself could be far more fuzzy grey and laborious to support.
stop lying, mods have blue names

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's a great story. All I know is that I woke up the next morning and my avatar was a penis that took up 2/3s of the screen.
sounds like an awesome story

why would he do that is what bugs me though

- - - Updated - - -

I bought my name to green apparently. Money >>> Power when it comes to Tuz status I suppose. :p
Money >>> everything

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Seriously though, if you guys ever thought of adding a new mod, you can't go wrong with ocelot. He's impossibly objective and gets along with everyone.

so you quit? why did you do that?
I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but have you heard of the night of a thousand mods? To this day, my biggest regret in this forum was not being online on that day :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)