The Lebanese political crisis!!! (8 Viewers)

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Go ahead and report the post, Muha. Like it will do anything.

It's people like you, and Americans who think all Muslims are dodgy, that make the world what it is today.

well, as a Mod, u should be less hyped up about ur first sentence, since ur the inforcer of the law around here, arnt u, ( or so it seems)

and no.. im just another anonymous guy in a a very open space, who is trying to prove a point.. sorrowfully, that point is beyond ur comprehension

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
plz..not the generalisations game again!

Thats rather an off putting analogy from wht looks like a grown up...Seriously,u need to chill... dont be all tensed up about me trying to correct u... at the end of the day, we all figured out u know where Beirut is, and that is good to hear, in fact, it adds a huge deal to this debate.. so there was no need for the heavy talk, son
That's not a generalization at all... I could have said the toilet was in the middle of Pennsylvania and it would mean the same thing.

And don't call me son, please. You know what you meant by that Beirut comment and I have already called you out on it. Such a demeanor portrays that Americans are not the only igorant lot in this world... you can find such a breed from Pennsylvania to Pakistan and all the way across the globe to Canberra. The world is full of idiots and they are not only contained within the western hemisphere.

But I reiterate... the best for Lebanon can be explained by the people who actually want what is best for the country of Lebanon, not the notions of supporters of Hezbollah or what Israel has to say. The only people who are not biased in this regard are those who do not live under the protection of Hezbollah and oversee how all contributing facets screw over the country. Lebanon is warzone that doesn't have to be a warzone.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
well, as a Mod, u should be less hyped up about ur first sentence, since ur the inforcer of the law around here, arnt u, ( or so it seems)

and no.. im just another anonymous guy in a a very open space, who is trying to prove a point.. sorrowfully, that point is beyond ur comprehension
Again, it's all about what you believe is correct. You essentially believe Hezbollah and Hamas are in the right here, so there is no point in discussing the politics of the region with you. It's like discussing calciopoli with an Inter supporter. I'd much rather discuss the topic with people who aren't biased and know the region... people such as Rab and Jack who don't support a group just because of their religious views. End of. Erik knows what I'm talking about here.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
But I reiterate... the best for Lebanon can be explained by the people who actually want what is best for the country of Lebanon, not the notions of supporters of Hezbollah or what Israel has to say. The only people who are not biased in this regard are those who do not live under the protection of Hezbollah and oversee how all contributing facets screw over the country. Lebanon is warzone that doesn't have to be a warzone.
Hezballah represents a huge portion of the lebanese population, so its a part of this ongoing debate.. Im a hezballah supporter, so i have all the right to defend its policy, on the other hand Jack and Rab obviously arent, and thats why they are defending the otherside of the conflict, which is fair... however, some memebers here favour a party on another based on wht their political backgrounds dectate them to favour (and some, just on wht they see on TV), and not based on wht they belive is right.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Again, it's all about what you believe is correct. You essentially believe Hezbollah and Hamas are in the right here, so there is no point in discussing the politics of the region with you. It's like discussing calciopoli with an Inter supporter. I'd much rather discuss the topic with people who aren't biased and know the region... people such as Rab and Jack who don't support a group just because of their religious views. End of. Erik knows what I'm talking about here.
To see the full picture, you need ppl from both poles , you cant just decide who is right without listening to both sides of the story.

and in regards to Jack, i dont know wht ur talking about, cuz he IS taking sides

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
The thing is Andy, religion plays a very important role in the region. Its the base of everything in the middle east. You cannot separate it from everyday life...Unlike Europe and America.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
first of all we gotta understand who Waleed Jumblatt is, and plz dont start attacking Nsrallah, before you look at his enemies profiles first. Waleed Jumblatt has been anti-Syrian, pro-Syrian and then anti-Syrian again over his 23 year political career - always depending upon which side he saw as most beneficial to himself.. his Druze militia devastated over 60 Christian Lebanese towns in 1983, He has made millions from political favors.
I asked you how did you manage to figure out that Walid Jumblat is supported/protected by Israel? I couldn't find anything related to what I asked you.

Anyway, talking about Waleed Jumblat political career and his relationship with Hafez Assad the father, yes, thats right, his relationship with Hafez the father was better than his son. I repeat it again, even the anti-syrian regime in Lebanon ATM do want a good relationship with Syria. We all want a good relationship with Syria, whether we like it or not, they're on our boarders and we have no other choice but to keep a good relation.

Rafik Hariri before his assasination tried his best to keep a good relationship with syria, Sanyoura (our PM) is trying to keep a good relationship with them but he made it clear that in order to make that they should stay out of Lebanon.

And at all times he has kept self-serving backchannel connections with Israel, its intelligence services and Israel's supporters in the USA. He is basically an Ahmed Chalabi for Lebanon.
I'm sorry, you still didn't prove/show me where and how Walid Jumblat became pro Israeli. You should know something, not every single person against Hassan Nasrallah is an Israeli.

It all started by abductiog the two Israeli soldiers.. and at that time, Jumblatt reacted by questioning whether Hezbollah's abduction of two Israeli soldiers was carried out to free Lebanese prisoners from Israeli jails or rather for the sake of a person "whose palace was flown over by Israeli planes" - meaning Bashar, he also added that the abduction was mainly carried out by a direct on ground support from Syria and Iran... Whereas the US goverment itself recated at that time by declining to offer specific evidence of Iranian or Syrian involvement in the raid, in which eight Israeli soldiers were killed. But the Bush, in a statement afterward, said the two nations "bear responsibility" based on their longtime ties and support (which of course is another useless remark from the bush goverment, just to fill in the gaps)... Even Israeli officials came out and said that they don't have evidence that there were direct instructions from Iran nor Syria...
He has the full right just like any Lebanese to question Hassan Nasrallah for kidnapping two soldiers. Who is Hassan Nasrallah not to question him? God? Excuse me but even I question God sometimes.

Lebanon isn't for Hezbollah to make their paper Iranian plans on it.

We have thousands of Lebanese in Syrian prisons, he never asked about them, while we have 2 or 3 in Israeli jails. So get your facts people, It was never about returning the two hostages from Israel.

But Jumblatt, for some reason, still thinks that Hezballah gets its instructions from Syria and Iran...
And you think he's wrong or what???? hehe, even Nasrallah claimed the other day that he's financed and supported by Iran and Syria. They do take orders from Iran mainly.

There is a difference between having allies and having dectators.. Hezballah is friends with Iran and Syria, cuz they support their cause, and thats it, nothing more....
hmmmm, since when do you follow Lebanese politics? What do you mean friends?

Do you mean by friends to occupy us for the past 16years, and do all the dirty things that I mentioned before?

Israel can never be compared to what Syria did....I'd rather be a friend with Israel than be a friend with Bashar's regime(The day this regime will change, I'll also be glad to make peace with them).

But of course then again, Arabs will still stick to Arabs. Arabs would accept another Arabian country to invade their country, steal, kill, kidnap, etc but not make peace with Israel, because Israeli's are enemies, Arabs are arabs.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Hezballah represents a huge portion of the lebanese population, so its a part of this ongoing debate.. Im a hezballah supporter, so i have all the right to defend its policy, on the other hand Jack and Rab obviously arent, and thats why they are defending the otherside of the conflict, which is fair... however, some memebers here favour a party on another based on wht their political backgrounds dectate them to favour (and some, just on wht they see on TV), and not based on wht they belive is right.
Yes, but I don't dislike them just because I dislike them.

I have lived between Hezbollah in Lebanon, I know how they think, I know how the likes of Nasrallah always use religion as an impact to these people. One of my relatives is a member in Hezbollah, so I pretty much know about Hezbollah alot, and when you say they're only supported by Iran for their cause, then It shows the diff between what you know and what I know.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #891
    Andy, the fact that some here claim to know what is better for Lebanon makes you confused but it actually irritates me. This is exactly what we've been suffering from all those years. Arabs telling us what is best for us where in fact they are telling us what is best for them. A Palestinian would come up with any argument to tell me how good Hezballa is for the country where in fact Hezballa are just poking Israel and this makes the Palestinians happy in particular and Muslims in general.

Muha for example goes on and on and on about Lebanon, however in Elvin's thread about the best footballer from each country, he goes to list a player from each and every Arab country but not Lebanon.

Azzurri, my brother, don't waste your time, we are arguing from our love to our country, they are arguing out of hatred. They think that war against Israel is more important than global warming. Wait until the Meditterranean becomes a big area of sand then tell me what is more important. Keep up the fight!!

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #893
    Keep on fighting Israel and forget about the climate until the Nordic countries have Meditterranean weather. And by then, the Middle East would have disappeared.

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006
    Again, you're obviously a biased member regarding this matter as your history here alludes to. Therefore you telling me to stay out of this thread is rather laughable. Obviously you adhere to your traditional beliefs and believe Israel should not exist. And you wonder why many people in this world just hope that Israel and their opponents continue to destroy each other. It would make the world a far better place, so keep the wheels rolling.
    did i tell u to stay out of this thread??
    i was clearly talking about the bolded part(in other words, stay out the palestine-israel conflict)

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    y r u calling him stupid??
    cause he cares more about his country than about himself?
    no he cares more about his country than he does aboutt he future of his world, our world and you cant make an ignorant comment like that.

anwyay what you said didnt even make sense to what i commented about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)