The Lebanese political crisis!!! (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
You're joking right?

You think Palestinians aren't part of all the demonstrations that were taking place? Please..... I do know some Palestinians that were protesting.
Sorry, rab...

But there is no justification for that...

so, I still don't believe it...

How would you imagine that any Palestinian would be in the same protest with Michele Oun's followers??

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
You were talking about the war time, where It was all messed up. Everyone fighting, It was all mixed.

Now, the war has finished since 17years, I don't think Palestinians were being attacked in these 17years, infact 28 Lebanese Army have died entering these camps since war stopped. Who is the danger here?
Look...

The Lebanese army is always described as the Joke Army in the middle East as they don't know how to protect themselves. How do you expect they can protect anybody else??

When you have idiots like those writing in this forum, you can't easily tell me to disarm the camp while you can see all those cowards waiting for that:

http://www.lebforces.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19864

And that forum is now, not during the war times...

We're trying to disarm Hezbolla, why would we disarm Hezbolla and leave Palestinians with their weapons? Thats a point.

There's absolutely no reason for them to keep It. Israel wont attack them? If they do, means they're attacking Lebanon, Lebanese wont attack Palestinians. They have no reason to attack them since Arafat isn't there anymore to give orders to his militia. and so on.
Again, I have to remind you that the Lebanese Army are not really an army...

Their greatest achievement last war was when they surrendered for a group of Israelis in the south and made the tea for them, and all of us saw on New Tv how they were humilated that day...Israelis treated them just like their slaves...
Tell me something, In Jordan, The King did even worse to the Palestinians, are they carrying any weapon? have they been attacked?
Attacked from whome?? Palestinians are the majority in Jordan, and nobody dare to make a stupid thing against them...

In Syria, when Palestinians refugees entered their lands, they were attacked and disarmed, is anyone attacking them? No.
When were Palestinians attacked in Syria?? I know they were attacked by Syrian army in Lebanon, but in Syria??

Lot of countries where Palestinians went/left they were and still not allowed to have one gun.

Why Lebanon should always be the place for people to carry weapons?
Look at the love in the "Lebanese Forces Forums", then tell me how a normal Palestinian guy there will be safe...

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #526
    Sorry, rab...

But there is no justification for that...

so, I still don't believe it...

How would you imagine that any Palestinian would be in the same protest with Michele Oun's followers??
    Michel Aoun, however, didn't have anything against the Palestinians, so them protesting together is very normal. If during his war against Syria, the Palestinians let the Syrians use their camps as rocket bases then this is something else because we all know who was Michel Aoun's target.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    Rebel, your comments about the Lebanese army is just unfair, they were following orders. And the whole stroy about them making tea for the Israeli army is just BS, it was a story made up by Hezbollah supporters cos God knows that they have no material to work with.

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
    I'm an IRANIAN Azzuri 7. I 100% agrre with you and accept the things you said. Iran and syria are so foolish they don't want any point from lebanon. They just want to not letting Israel to be there!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    The Lebanese army is always described as the Joke Army in the middle East as they don't know how to protect themselves. How do you expect they can protect anybody else??
    What do you mean described as a Joke in middle East? How do you expect an Army to be when they were occupied by another Army? When they don't have weapons? When there is another Militia in Lebanon fighting and not giving the chance to the Lebanese Army? How can you call them a Joke?

Lets give them a break now that syrians are no more in our country, lets give them a period and then we'll judge, you can't become a football player by just clapping your hands, can you? you can't become an actor by just dreaming of that can you? I think you have to practice for It and be giving time.

When you have idiots like those writing in this forum, you can't easily tell me to disarm the camp while you can see all those cowards waiting for that:

http://www.lebforces.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19864

And that forum is now, not during the war times...
    What's your point? Palestinians should keep their weapons just because some people are bashing palestinians through the forums?

Look Reb, No other militia in Lebanon got weapons but Hezbollah, they were all forced to withdraw their weapons, time to run-out of these excuses and time to give up their arms, before a clash can take place between the Lebanese Army and Palestinians in camps. This will do no good.

Again, I have to remind you that the Lebanese Army are not really an army...
    You're underrating them. Trust me.

Their greatest achievement last war was when they surrendered for a group of Israelis in the south and made the tea for them, and all of us saw on New Tv how they were humilated that day...Israelis treated them just like their slaves...
    What this has to do with Palestinians?

There's no true story for that, Hezbollah supporters did invent the tea thing, and even IF that would have happened I don't see the big out of this and what palestinians in Lebanon has to do with this aswell.

Attacked from whome?? Palestinians are the majority in Jordan, and nobody dare to make a stupid thing against them...
    You ever heard of "The Black September" ?

When were Palestinians attacked in Syria?? I know they were attacked by Syrian army in Lebanon, but in Syria??
    Follow Abu Ammar speeches, you'll realize when was that. They were attacked and forced not to have one single knife in their pockets.

Look at the love in the "Lebanese Forces Forums", then tell me how a normal Palestinian guy there will be safe...
    I don't think Palestinians are keeping their arms just because of some forums. If thats the case Inter fans should protect themselves aswell.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    I can surely intorduce you to my palestinian friends, whenever you feel like. This way you'll believe me maybe.
    I don't say I don't believe you, but that thing is just illogical..

What do you mean described as a Joke in middle East? How do you expect an Army to be when they were occupied by another Army? When they don't have weapons? When there is another Militia in Lebanon fighting and not giving the chance to the Lebanese Army? How can you call them a Joke?

Lets give them a break now that syrians are no more in our country, lets give them a period and then we'll judge, you can't become a football player by just clapping your hands, can you? you can't become an actor by just dreaming of that can you? I think you have to practice for It and be giving time.
    I hope it will be a good army that controls the whole country just like during Fuad Shehab's era, but I really doubt it taking in consideration all the conditions around...

What's your point? Palestinians should keep their weapons just because some people are bashing palestinians through the forums?

Look Reb, No other militia in Lebanon got weapons but Hezbollah, they were all forced to withdraw their weapons, time to run-out of these excuses and time to give up their arms, before a clash can take place between the Lebanese Army and Palestinians in camps. This will do no good.
    It's not just bashing. It's threatening, and it is continuous...

What this has to do with Palestinians?

There's no true story for that, Hezbollah supporters did invent the tea thing, and even IF that would have happened I don't see the big out of this and what palestinians in Lebanon has to do with this aswell.
    I didn't say that had anything to do with Palestinians...

But the story wasn't faked. I saw it by my own eyes on New Tv Channel (Which is the best news Lebanese channel). And their report was taken from an Israeli channel. It was just translated to Arabic. And the video was enough to see it was not fake...

You ever heard of "The Black September" ?
    It's totally a different story. I can write in details in this topic if you want, but that has nothing to do with the Lebanese case except that Palestinian refugees were a part of it...

Follow Abu Ammar speeches, you'll realize when was that. They were attacked and forced not to have one single knife in their pockets.
    Well, I'll lie if I told you I read anything about that ever. Could you guide me to one of those speeches??

I don't think Palestinians are keeping their arms just because of some forums. If thats the case Inter fans should protect themselves aswell.
    Again, I don't call for giving Palestinians the citizenships in Lebanon, but here are some things that can show how they have a reason to be curious in the Lebanese society:
    http://www.cidcm.umd.edu/inscr/mar/assessment.asp?groupId=66003 said:
    Adding to the plight of Palestinians are Lebanon's immigration policies, which classify all Palestinians as foreigners and not citizens, excluding them from most political rights, such as participating in national elections (POLDIS01-03 = 4). Most Palestinian refugees are unable to obtain citizenship in Lebanon. The Lebanese Government does not provide health services to Palestinian refugees, who rely on the UNRWA and UNRWA-contracted hospitals (DMSICK99-00 = 2). The economic plight of the Palestinians in Lebanon is dismal, and is generally worse than those Palestinians in Jordan and the territories, since they are unwelcome by their host country. For example, in 2001 the Lebanese Parliament enacted a law that prohibited Palestinian refugees from owning property in the country. Under the new legislation, Palestinians may not purchase property and those who already own property will not be allowed to pass it on to their children. In addition to not being able to buy property, Palestinians are forced to reside in the designated refugee camps (POLIC201-03 = 2). Although the Lebanese government has abolished the law that denies work permits to foreigners, Palestinian refugees are prohibited by law from working in 72 professions. In the available job market, Palestinians are largely unable to find stable jobs or work unskilled occupations because they are discriminated against in the economic sector (ECDIS01-03 = 4). In recent years, the income level of Palestinians continued to decline.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #534
    ReBeL it is surprising to all Lebanese how Michel Aoun changed his politics and we all know why. I still don't understand that all those who cheered for him were following him for a certain concept and now he's almost on a totally different concept. Strange how the chair makes one change.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    ReBeL it is surprising to all Lebanese how Michel Aoun changed his politics and we all know why. I still don't understand that all those who cheered for him were following him for a certain concept and now he's almost on a totally different concept. Strange how the chair makes one change.
    I totally agree...

Though, Some of his followers say that pro- and anti-Syrian positions are no longer relevant, now that Syrian troops have left Lebanon. So, taking in consideration that Syrian withdrawal had a huge political impact on Lebanon, so the traditional alliances may change because of the change of political priorities...

And maybe Aoun remembered suddenly that he was born in Haret Hreik, and wanted to be in the same alliance with his childhood mates:D

In the end, "Love of Ruling Chair" disease is so common in all the countries of the Arab World, so no surprise...

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #537
    I totally agree...

Though, Some of his followers say that pro- and anti-Syrian positions are no longer relevant, now that Syrian troops have left Lebanon. So, taking in consideration that Syrian withdrawal had a huge political impact on Lebanon, so the traditional alliances may change because of the change of political priorities...

And maybe Aoun remembered suddenly that he was born in Haret Hreik, and wanted to be in the same alliance with his childhood mates:D

In the end, "Love of Ruling Chair" disease is so common in all the countries of the Arab World, so no surprise...
    The point is not the presence of Syrian troops in the country. Of course that was a major problem but the influence from Damascus on the governmental and political decisions is the bigger problem and this is still there.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    The point is not the presence of Syrian troops in the country. Of course that was a major problem but the influence from Damascus on the governmental and political decisions is the bigger problem and this is still there.
    I got your point, but how would you know if that influence is still there or has already stopped??

I know Syrians were behind appointing Lahhud and keeping him on his chair for so long, but is he still getting his orders from Damascus??

It's not a physical thing that can be seen like the Syrian tanks when left the Lebanese lands...

On the other hand, the anti-Syria parties are getting their support from other countries too like the USA. How would you know if USA's target in Lebanon is more noble than the Syrians'?

Jacques, I know you're so keen to see your country ruling itself without any interference of the neighbours, but is that practical & applicable nowadays??

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #539
    I got your point, but how would you know if that influence is still there or has already stopped??

I know Syrians were behind appointing Lahhud and keeping him on his chair for so long, but is he still getting his orders from Damascus??

It's not a physical thing that can be seen like the Syrian tanks when left the Lebanese lands...

On the other hand, the anti-Syria parties are getting their support from other countries too like the USA. How would you know if USA's target in Lebanon is more noble than the Syrians'?

Jacques, I know you're so keen to see your country ruling itself without any interference of the neighbours, but is that practical & applicable nowadays??
    Why not? When there is peace between all the neighbours and only the army pocesses weapons, then the danger of shotting will diminish.

Then the tourism will nourish again, we all saw how it did even after 16 years of war. Saudis and Kuwaitis love the country and they have mone to spend it there. Our agriculture and industry has been prospering lately and with peace with Israel we can import more products.

Politically, the majority of the people do not want to fight, except for Nasralla followers who want to fight Israel, but with no weapons this is not possible. I see no conflict except for that of Aoun and Nasralla, unfortunately they have lots of followers and their aims are not clean.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Why not? When there is peace between all the neighbours and only the army pocesses weapons, then the danger of shotting will diminish.

Then the tourism will nourish again, we all saw how it did even after 16 years of war. Saudis and Kuwaitis love the country and they have mone to spend it there. Our agriculture and industry has been prospering lately and with peace with Israel we can import more products.

Politically, the majority of the people do not want to fight, except for Nasralla followers who want to fight Israel, but with no weapons this is not possible. I see no conflict except for that of Aoun and Nasralla, unfortunately they have lots of followers and their aims are not clean.
    Although I think it's a difficult issue, I hope all the peace & prosperity will prevail in Lebanon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)