The Lebanese political crisis!!! (10 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What worries me is the comments, just take a look at them :disagree:

My heart goes out for this country...
TBH, I feel ashamed to know this man represent a party in my country. It's really sad to know one of the candidates to become a president talks this way. He's like a dictator.

Anyway, he's only a candidate, he'll never dream of that chair.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
TBH, I feel ashamed to know this man represent a party in my country. It's really sad to know one of the candidates to become a president talks this way. He's like a dictator.

Anyway, he's only a candidate, he'll never dream of that chair.
Actually I meant the Youtube user's comments, couldn't care less about Aoun.

They are just swearing and cursing each other...I just hope that this is not a glimpse of reality...:disagree:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Rab, seeking peace with Israel is one thing, but wanting to ally yourself with them because they're the lesser evil is naive imo. That's what I understood from your conversations, correct me if I'm wrong.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rab, seeking peace with Israel is one thing, but wanting to ally yourself with them because they're the lesser evil is naive imo. That's what I understood from your conversations, correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, I'll surely correct you.

If you read my post again, you'll notice that I'm not allying myself to Israel because I'm a big fan of Sharon nor because I want to get the Israeli citizenship nor because I have a gf from Israel.

During the civil war in Lebanon (Lebanese Christians Vs Palestinians) most of the muslims leaders decided to step with Palestinians aka Yasser Arafat because they're arabs and muslims. There's no other reason behind that.

Christians were being attacked from everywhere, Palestinians, Syrians and some Militia's in Lebanon. They had no other choice but to work it out with Israel, were they not going to do that, they were completly going to be brought down.

I think even you in their place would have done the same. annnd, and let me tell you one thing very important also, everyone in Lebanon pretty much know this, were it not for Christians in Lebanon, Palestinians would have took some part of Lebanon and turned it into Palestine. Yes, that was Arafat's plan.
I'm more than happy and thankful for each Christian, Durzi, Muslim leader that didn't accept this, eventhough If that meant recieving help from Israel. Like I told Rebel before, my country is before something called Arab or Islam. Don't know If that apply's with you people aswell. But I believe in my country more than I'll ever believe in a religion. But thats just me.

Yes, I admit, I can't wait for the day the two countries Israel and Lebanon will decide to make peace. That doesn't mean I'm a traitor does it? I've given examples before, lot of countries were in a war during the WW2, yet look at them, look at their relationship. We can't keep putting "Plants" in people's head and tell them fight Israel fight Israel fight Israel. That doesn't work, and It shouldn't work like this.

Time to make good relations, time to THINK of your country's future... Yes, I'm even more than ready to make peace with syria, If they decide to make embassies between the two countries, stop financing Hezbolla, and leave us in Peace....I'd make It now If they accept these conditions.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

If you read my post again, you'll notice that I'm not allying myself to Israel because I'm a big fan of Sharon nor because I want to get the Israeli citizenship nor because I have a gf from Israel.

During the civil war in Lebanon (Lebanese Christians Vs Palestinians) most of the muslims leaders decided to step with Palestinians aka Yasser Arafat because they're arabs and muslims. There's no other reason behind that.

Christians were being attacked from everywhere, Palestinians, Syrians and some Militia's in Lebanon. They had no other choice but to work it out with Israel, were they not going to do that, they were completly going to be brought down.

I think even you in their place would have done the same. annnd, and let me tell you one thing very important also, everyone in Lebanon pretty much know this, were it not for Christians in Lebanon, Palestinians would have took some part of Lebanon and turned it into Palestine. Yes, that was Arafat's plan.
I'm more than happy and thankful for each Christian, Durzi, Muslim leader that didn't accept this, eventhough If that meant recieving help from Israel. Like I told Rebel before, my country is before something called Arab or Islam. Don't know If that apply's with you people aswell. But I believe in my country more than I'll ever believe in a religion. But thats just me.

Yes, I admit, I can't wait for the day the two countries Israel and Lebanon will decide to make peace. That doesn't mean I'm a traitor does it? I've given examples before, lot of countries were in a war during the WW2, yet look at them, look at their relationship. We can't keep putting "Plants" in people's head and tell them fight Israel fight Israel fight Israel. That doesn't work, and It shouldn't work like this.

Time to make good relations, time to THINK of your country's future... Yes, I'm even more than ready to make peace with syria, If they decide to make embassies between the two countries, stop financing Hezbolla, and leave us in Peace....I'd make It now If they accept these conditions.
I know that some Palestinians made horrible acts in Lebanon, but what I am sure of it is that Lebanon had had its internal conflicts before the Palestinians fled to there....I think Palestinians were an accelerating factor for the war, but not the main reason for it...

Lebanese politicians since Kameel Sham3un & Fuad Shehab liked to challenge each other just to prove their points, and that was before even any Palestinian thought of shooting one bullet from the Lebanese lands...

And all of us see on TV these days what's happening in Lebanon between the different parties, and THANKS GOD, Palestinians have nothing to do with anything there currently...

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #511
    I know that some Palestinians made horrible acts in Lebanon, but what I am sure of it is that Lebanon had had its internal conflicts before the Palestinians fled to there....I think Palestinians were an accelerating factor for the war, but not the main reason for it...

Lebanese politicians since Kameel Sham3un & Fuad Shehab liked to challenge each other just to prove their points, and that was before even any Palestinian thought of shooting one bullet from the Lebanese lands...

And all of us see on TV these days what's happening in Lebanon between the different parties, and THANKS GOD, Palestinians have nothing to do with anything there currently...
    Except for the full support to Nasralla and the participation in his wonderful demonstrations.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

I stand corrected. Totally agree. +Rep azizi ;)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    after reading a few articles here and there about lebanon i think i am convinced that this is what should've happened every since isreal pulled out from south lebanon.

1- the most important thing was to get the syrians out of lebanon now that isreal with drew from the lebanese soil as there is no benefit of them staying. ( i dont deny syria had a role and infact a good role when they first entered lebanon but i must also say that kind, brotherly, and generous role soon ditched lebanese benefit and switched on to getting involved first hand in buisness that only concerns the leabanese population.

2- after isreal with drew, the goverment i,e the lebanese goverment should ve asked hezbollah to hand in there weapons or join the lebanese army and serve under the lebanese flag and goverment. with a main function of defending lebanese soil.

instead hezbollah stayed in southern lebanon where it has a huge fan base mainly formed of shiaa muslims. hezbollah is not keen from my point of view for whatis est for lebanon infact it plays a major role for irans and syrian benefits.

as for the palestian camps found in lebanon, i dont blame palestinians after all these people dont have any where to go and people on this forum need to understand this issue, but this offcourse does not mean that paletinians should have weapons in these camps, nor should they interfere with the lebanese system. after all lebanon opened there land for these camps and they hosted a large number of families on its land, unlike for exampe the incidents that toke place in libya (we all know the story ).

syria on the other hand is using lebanon not more than a front on isreal, ok why not take hezbollahs exampe and open the golan hieghts for them.

finally but not least, i understand why jeeks, rab, and other people are angry after all its there coutry and lebanese people have seen enough of blood shed they have had there infra structure shattered more than once. there biggest source of income is wrecked, a very promising tourism season has been thrown to ruins after what hezbollah did this summer. on the other hand i dont blame rebel, juventus 710 and any memeber who lieks hezbollah, after all they were the only ones who forced isreal out of there land with out peace talks. they did all of this with out the support of any one except the support they got from iran and syria to an extent.

now there is sth i dont understand, does'nt the taif proposal playa role in making lebanon survive politically, in other words its an agreement that makes lebanon survice all the iussues that come with the different political parties seeking dominance.????

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    as for the palestian camps found in lebanon, i dont blame palestinians after all these people dont have any where to go and people on this forum need to understand this issue, but this offcourse does not mean that paletinians should have weapons in these camps, nor should they interfere with the lebanese system. after all lebanon opened there land for these camps and they hosted a large number of families on its land, unlike for exampe the incidents that toke place in libya (we all know the story ).
    Nice post, Bisco, but I have to reply to the part above about the reason of having armed people in the camps:

Look...Most of the Palestinians are so grateful for all the neighbour countries that hosted them for all those years, but it is not that safe to disarm the Palestinian camps as those who want a small chance to attack the camps are still there:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4376545.stm

When the Palestinian fighters were inside the camps before 1982, nobody could attack any Palestinian family for nothing but because they are Palestinians, and there were those who defended them...

There was one attempt before 1982 when christians supported by Syrian army attacked Tal El-Zaatar camp in 1976, and 1500 Palestinian fighters were there to protect 15000 people, and they resisted for 4 months, but they couldn't resist more, and all of us saw what happened after the christians entered that camp...

Around 2000 people were annihilated...

In 1982, and after Palestinian fighters left Lebanon, cowards came again and attacked Sabra & Shatila, and killed thousands of innocents...But this time they were supported by Israelis...

After that, Amal party (Shiiah Party) attacked another camp and killed more than 1000 palestinians of civilians...

So, what do you expect??

Do you think people in Camps would stay armless and wait for their turn to be slaughtered??

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003

I get your point.

It's true Lebanon had internal conflicts before the war started in 73, there wa a conflict in the late 50's, but that didn't lead into any damage or a battle, It was just verbal word fights between lot of people. But thats normal, even in United States we're witnessing that.

What is happening now in Lebanon will not lead into a war, trust me. What is happening is just verbal fights, challenging each-others on tv/ media/press, nothing more, nothing less.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Do you think people in Camps would stay armless and wait for their turn to be slaughtered??
    You were talking about the war time, where It was all messed up. Everyone fighting, It was all mixed.

Now, the war has finished since 17years, I don't think Palestinians were being attacked in these 17years, infact 28 Lebanese Army have died entering these camps since war stopped. Who is the danger here?

We're trying to disarm Hezbolla, why would we disarm Hezbolla and leave Palestinians with their weapons? Thats a point.

There's absolutely no reason for them to keep It. Israel wont attack them? If they do, means they're attacking Lebanon, Lebanese wont attack Palestinians. They have no reason to attack them since Arafat isn't there anymore to give orders to his militia. and so on.

Tell me something, In Jordan, The King did even worse to the Palestinians, are they carrying any weapon? have they been attacked?

In Syria, when Palestinians refugees entered their lands, they were attacked and disarmed, is anyone attacking them? No.

Lot of countries where Palestinians went/left they were and still not allowed to have one gun.

Why Lebanon should always be the place for people to carry weapons?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)