The Lebanese political crisis!!! (8 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Israel would return the Golan Heights to Syria, but they would be turned into a nature reserve area where Israelis would be able to visit without needing a visa. Something like that. Oh, and neither country would be allowed to have military forces in the Heights or directly surrounding land.
sounds good, but far from reality, both's agencies are well known, each is dirtier than other, I don't think any of the side would accept the free access from the other side.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #562
    you have any link? or a wider info about it?

Never heard anyhting about it, but I won't surprise if Basshar did one, he lacks the strong charachter his father has "to stick to his case", but I know even Israel wouldn't give up Golan, Because of the strategic loacation, and also economically that's an important area for Israel..
    Here you go

Israel would return the Golan Heights to Syria, but they would be turned into a nature reserve area where Israelis would be able to visit without needing a visa. Something like that. Oh, and neither country would be allowed to have military forces in the Heights or directly surrounding land.
    and (I didn't read the articles, I just found them)

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/813817.html

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/A326BF80-749D-4820-A93E-9EF81077348A.htm

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,460003,00.html

And more for those who are interested http://www.google.se/search?q=syria...ls=Swiftfox:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    you have any link? or a wider info about it?

Never heard anyhting about it, but I won't surprise if Basshar did one, he lacks the strong charachter his father has "to stick to his case", but I know even Israel wouldn't give up Golan, Because of the strategic loacation, and also economically that's an important area for Israel..
    Here's where I read about it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1991836,00.html

Key points:
    • Israel withdraws: borders restored as they were in 1967.
    • Syria does not stop the flow of fresh water from the Heights into Israel.
    • A large "peace park" would be established on part of the Golan to which both Israelis and Syrians would have access.
    • Once all commitments had been met a full peace agreement would follow.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    denied by both official sides, I hope it is true, Haaretz rumors are like those Goal.com and Tuttosport's :D

I know Syria is all doing these dirty works to get back Golan, but like I said, they don't trust Israelis and their agencies, and Israel will not give up their sources of water not in 5, nor in 15 years.. I hope all these becomes true, because Syria is a key factor for Middle-east's Peace process.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    [*]Israel withdraws: borders restored as they were in 1967.
    thanx for the link, the main source is haaretz I read them.

Was this the same offer that Clinton did in Geneve 1998? I remember Hafez al Asad's response very well, cause he cancelled the meeting imidietly after that offer, he described the offer as a joke. Hafez Asad then wanted the whole Golan, the sea the lake free of Israelis, Let's see how the son will react.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I'm not familiar with Clinton's actions. But secret meetings like this aren't new: they have lead to some positive developments and outcomes as well. The good part about this type of meeting is that both sides are not pressured by public opinion and should rumour come out, they can deny they took part.

I wouldn't be surprised if a treaty was signed before the end of the year.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I'm not familiar with Clinton's actions. But secret meetings like this aren't new: they have lead to some positive developments and outcomes as well. The good part about this type of meeting is that both sides are not pressured by public opinion and should rumour come out, they can deny they took part.
    Agreed. Talks and Discussions are always positive.

I wouldn't be surprised if a treaty was signed before the end of the year.
    Amen to that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Ya3ne, Rabea you're just havin an anti-Hezballah field day today. You do realise almost every political party today was involved in the riots. :rolleyes:
    What do you mean every political party was involved?

Hezbollah and Aoun supporters were not allowing anyone to go to his work,school,shopping,hospital....how do you expect them to react?

My mom had to go to the Doctor for medical tests? They didn't allow her? Who are they not to allow her? And they wonder why people get involved yesterday?

I've been in Europe Africa States and 10's of other countries, I've never seen people protesting this way. Never!

We're LEBANON, we're smart people, we're multi lingual, we're cultured, we're successful businessmen, we represent ourselves abroad as a respectable group of people.
    Me and you agree on that. We Lebanese are indeed successful businessmen, we're respected everywhere around the world, we respect ourselves abroad, we give good image about our country.

It's time for others to understand that....and the 1st man is Hassan Nasrallah.

Regarding the events today, I'm not going to defend any of the aggressors from both sides, but it is well known that Lebanese Forces and March14 gunmen were on balconies waiting to shoot at protestors. Although Sayid Hassan Nasrallah told them that this was going to be a peaceful March, just like the peaceful sit-in in downtown Beirut; things turned ugly - and they were behind alot of the violence with the other groups.
    You're really influenced in Hassan Nasrallah ehh? Lets say he did want this to be a peaceful march.... Did his supporters show that? we've all seen before what they've done in protesting (Lbc immitating Nasrallah), they went to Christian places like crazy. When they protest it's never peaceful, unless what you saw yesterday is called peaceful.

....Lets stop with the Lebanese Forces accusations, like I've said up-there, they were not allowed to go to their work, college etc, how do you expect people to treat them? to salut them?

I don't think I would have saluted the ones that did stop my mom and prevent her from going to the hospital and make medical tests.

This is the core of the opposition's argument, GOD dammit this has NOTHING to do with bloody IRAN AND SYRIA. It has to do with people and their daily struggle to come to terms with what the hell is going on, and the reason behind the government's mismanagement of funds.
    Time will tell my friend.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I don't think Syria will ever Give up for Golan, even if you give them the whole Lebanon and Israel.
    You can't deny that Syria and Iran are behind atleast half of what's going on in Iraq, can't judge though about Palestine. Palestine's situaiton is very complicated specially ATM.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Here's where I read about it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1991836,00.html

Key points:
    • Israel withdraws: borders restored as they were in 1967.
    • Syria does not stop the flow of fresh water from the Heights into Israel.
    • A large "peace park" would be established on part of the Golan to which both Israelis and Syrians would have access.
    • Once all commitments had been met a full peace agreement would follow.
    at which junctures does syria bend over with lube in hand? this agreement is completely ridiculous

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    You can't deny that Syria and Iran are behind atleast half of what's going on in Iraq, can't judge though about Palestine. Palestine's situaiton is very complicated specially ATM.
    I can't deny anything, Since I know or didn't see anything with my own eyes like you and everyone here, we are all making these assumptions by what the politicians are saying, or the media ..

But in my opinion, I think Syria did help the Terrorists pass from the country, since Bashar even didn't deny that. but blaming everything going on in Iraq to Syria, like mr elayyan claimed, sounds bullshit..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    we all here have no evidences, we are not in Iraq or Palestine, we know nothing about who is exploding in Iraq, who is killing who, we are learning all these from Media. do you trust Media? all of them?

We Have Iraqi Customers that tell us different stories, they claim that Americans are aranging all these, and giving false informations or news to the world.. do you believe that? I also don't.. I don't believe or give my opinions as facts to you, cause like you, I can only make assumptions and nothing else..

same case for Lebanon, you believe in Future TV, while Rhiziod believe in Manar, non of them gives 100% truth, and we never know who is giving x% of truth..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    we all here have no evidences, we are not in Iraq or Palestine, we know nothing about who is exploding in Iraq, who is killing who, we are learning all these from Media. do you trust Media? all of them?
    What do you mean we have no evidence? What's your point?

Do you mean that 11September wasn't arranged by Osama binlanden because we havne't seen Bin Laden waving goodbye to his men before taking on the planes?

Do you mean Bashar Assad isn't behind Hariri's death because we haven't seen how he gave orders to his men?

Do you mean Tupac wasn't shot because we were not in States to see that?

Do you mean we mexicans don't jump over the boarder everyday because we don't see that? or we're not in states?

FFS, It's not like you need evidence for these stuff, you have a brain to look at things and see them. The Shii'at Vs Sunni thing in Iraq is a good thing for states? or a good thing for the likes or Iran and Syria? Cars coming from the Syrian boarder??? or wait, we're not there in Syria to tell that for sure. Talk logic man.

There are thousands of Iranians in Iraq right now incase you didn't know. And there are evidence for this, incase you're not following what's happening.

same case for Lebanon, you believe in Future TV, while Rhiziod believe in Manar, non of them gives 100% truth, and we never know who is giving x% of truth..
    Are you making assumptions on my behalf here? Who told you I believe everything in Future Tv? For your information, I follow Manar, Future, Lbc, Nbn, New Tv and even Tele Liban....can you imagine that??

But unfortunately I don't need a media to tell me how things are going in Lebanon or things are going in Hezbollah, as I lived between them for a good period of time and still.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    What do you mean we have no evidence? What's your point?

Do you mean that 11September wasn't arranged by Osama binlanden because we havne't seen Bin Laden waving goodbye to his men before taking on the planes?
    Usama did admit that he did it.. so he did it..

Do you mean Bashar Assad isn't behind Hariri's death because we haven't seen how he gave orders to his men?
    haha mixing facts with claims.. the answer is no, we don't know that, Innocent untill proven guilty, thou I have similar opinion of yours, but that is called opinion, not fact, capisce? ;)

Do you mean Tupac wasn't shot because we were not in States to see that?
    huh?

Do you mean we mexicans don't jump over the boarder everyday because we don't see that? or we're not in states?
    excuse me, but this is getting stupid here, I thought we were talking about Murderes and crimes here, about Crimes that are not proven by who commited..

FFS, It's not like you need evidence for these stuff, you have a brain to look at things and see them.
    Sure I don't have brain like yours :faq1: everything is crystal clear in the world, and specially the politics :eyebrows:

The Shii'at Vs Sunni thing in Iraq is a good thing for states? or a good thing for the likes or Iran and Syria? Cars coming from the Syrian boarder??? or wait, we're not there in Syria to tell that for sure. Talk logic man.
    Cars from Syria? really I am hearing it for the first time :lol:

There are thousands of Iranians in Iraq right now incase you didn't know. And there are evidence for this, incase you're not following what's happening.
    Logic says Every Iranis are Terrorists? :shifty:

Are you making assumptions on my behalf here? Who told you I believe everything in Future Tv? For your information, I follow Manar, Future, Lbc, Nbn, New Tv and even Tele Liban....can you imagine that??
    Yeah sure you praise Manar all the time.:faq1: Did I see you criticising Future Tv? hmm I don't think so..

But unfortunately I don't need a media to tell me how things are going in Lebanon or things are going in Hezbollah, as I lived between them for a good period of time and still.
    that is called Opinion, Not Fact, there are also over Million of people has the opposite view of yours, are they Idiots? or they don't have facts like you? :disagree:

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    Unfortunatly the lebanese have never tried to understand Bashar al asad, nor sat down and talked to him.. Just because his dad wasnt that good doesnt mean he is a vilin.. I honestly belive that Bashar is a friend not a foe, the ppl around him who have remained in their positions even after his father's death might've been behind some of the wrong doings on the lebanese soil.

The US have always tried to make Syria look bad just because the syrian regiem opposes the US goverment's ambitions in the middle east.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)