The...I want this player to Juve thread (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
DVRz said:
IMO we need at least one winger and a player to play in the behind strikers of a midfield diamond. Youthful creative players preferable.
exactly!we need a winger and an attacking mid the gap between midfield and attack is a joke. We must play with some one behind the strikers who can create something.

To the guy that said that we should sell Del Piero and that he is like Fowler at Liverpool, Have you watched Juve this season?

Del Piero has been a star for Juve this season, and it is no coincidence that his arrival on the pitch has led to many important goals being scored (eg vs Bremen). His movement, passion and attitude alone is reason enough to put him in the team as it creates space for others and spurs this team on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dalton

Apr 6, 2006
The New Team Must be:

Gk: Buffon e Mirante

Df:Gallas,Thuram,Cannavaro,Zambrotta,Daniel Alves,Bonera,Kovac,Chiellini

Mf: Camoranesi,Emerson,Vieira,Nedved,Marchionni,Tacchinardi,Blasi,Babel (Ajax).

Att: Trezeguet,Ibrahimovic,Del Piero,Mutu E Suazo

All: Capello ( comfermato)

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
swag said:
I don't think a revolution is necessary at all at Juve. Far to the contrary -- just a couple of adjustments can really change this squad from being just Serie A dominant to also being CL dominant. Those adjustments seem to be the need for a real playmaker (I think the rest of the players, save for some bench tuning, will be enough) and, unfortunately, a coach who thinks more creatively.
Now who am I to speak - since I think Del Piero should leave :p. But I think big ideas are needed. Too many people are thinking as conservatively as Capello.

A revolution is needed. Juventus can continue to plug holes and soldier on or make an overhaul in philosphy. I think the best example of this is by looking at the most envious team in the Europe currently - Barcelona. In Laporta and Rijkaard's first full season they got off to a terrible start and going into the Winter Break were closer to relegation than Champions League. Why? Despite the new ideas at the club and the potential of Ronaldinho they had the cast-offs of previous Barcelona failures. With fresh impetus after the Winter Break they had a brilliant 2004.

Here is the Barcelona team that beat Real Madrid 2-1 - winning at the Bernabeu for the first time in many attempts with a few games left of that season securing second place in La Liga ahead of their rivals.

Valdes

Reizeger
Oleguer
Puyol
van Bronckhorst

Cocu
Davids
Xavi

Overmars (sub. Luis Enrique)
Saviola (sub. Kluivert)
Ronaldinho

So with the momentum and belief behind Laporta and Rijkaard many could consider it to have been a successful first season and if they performed like they ended they would be able to contest in their objectives not season. Not in the opinion of those men; running into second place and elimination to Celtic in the UEFA Cup said otherwise. They had a good squad that was able to compete well in La Liga but not that to win it and compete in CL. Look how much their team changed that summer as those two men set out to create a Barcelona team to be right at the top of the European game. Here is the line-up for the first match of last seasons title winning-side (Ronaldinho was injured I think):

Valdes

NEW**Belletti
Marquez
Puyol
van Bronckhorst

Motta
Xavi
NEW**Deco

NEW**Guily
NEW**Eto'o
NEW**Larsson

Out had gone SEVEN of those players that had featured in that Madrid match - that is they had left the club. Also Luis Garcia who would have played that match but was injured and Quaresma who hadn't worked. In came Deco, Guily, Eto'o and Larsson to be an alternative upfront. Barcelona had just redefined their attack and caused big drama in allowing Kluivert and Saviola to leave.

Here are those players stats:

Cocu: 36 starts, 5 subbed, 0 substitute appearances
Reiziger: 29 starts, 5 subbed, 1 substitute appearances
Saviola: 28 starts, 16 subbed, 5 substitute appearances
Luis García: 23 starts, 16 subbed, 2 substitute appearances
Davids: 18 starts, 7 subbed, 0 substitute appearances
Kluivert: 11 starts, 1 subbed,11 substitute appearances
Quaresma: 10 starts, 5 subbed, 12 substitute appearances
Luis Enrique: 10 starts, 8 subbed, 14 substitute appearances
Overmars: 5 starts, 4 subbed, 16 substitute appearances

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
So the point is; if Barcelona deemed that squad not good enough and had the ambition to perform such surgery to it - is the Juventus team in any less need? Or are you just happy to be winning Serie A in the fashion you are now?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Desperate for new players? We have a lot of the right players -- having a 9 point lead on Milan in Serie A is not a fluke.

There's a difference between desperate for players and just plain desperate. We go out in the quarterfinals in the CL and look like a lock to win the Scudetto, so let's scuttle the whole squad?! :confused2

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
agreed, a playmaker/attacking mid is what we need, that way we dont have to longball to a striker anymore!!!

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I hear Adriano is available :)

And Inter wants Capello, let them have him and Zlatan, and swap them for Adriano !

Iaquinta09

Apr 20, 2005
-----------------Buffon

Oddo-----Thuram-- Canna-----Zambro

Camo--------Emerson--------- Nedved

--------------Riquelme/Rosicky---------

-------------Trezeguet----Zlatan------

In bench:Antonioli,Chiellini,Balzaretti,Mutu,Delpiero,marchioni,TEVEZ

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
-----------------Buffon-------------------
???------???----Cannavaro--Zambrotta

Marchionni---???------???-----???

---------Trezeguet---Del Piero-------

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Intro said:
So the point is; if Barcelona deemed that squad not good enough and had the ambition to perform such surgery to it - is the Juventus team in any less need? Or are you just happy to be winning Serie A in the fashion you are now?
Their 'surgery' was caused by the arrival of Laporta as a new chairman, who had promised the fans new players. Because Barcelona was in financial chaos before his arrival they needed to strenghten their squad. PLUS they hadn't won the league in SIX years. I don't think we are in the same situation now as the Barca of 2003...

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Anybody watched some Tottenham games this year? As Ledly King played better or worse than last year. The guy is tall, good header...Don't know if he marks well though. I don't see a lot of games of Tottenham. I know he plays with England and could take Campbell's spot.

Never linked with Juve so...

???

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
giovanotti said:
-----------------Buffon-------------------
???------???----Cannavaro--Zambrotta

Marchionni---???------???-----???

---------Trezeguet---Del Piero-------
5 places, 5 new signings? I wish :D. I think one of the places next to marchionni in the midfield will be filled with viera and BTW you should prolly take DP off coz currently it seems Ibrah is destined for that place no matter what :rolleyes:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If Capello didn't hate him so much and played the formation I want, Camo would be ideal behind the strikers. Can dribble, not that fast, can shoot from far....

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
mark77 said:
If Capello didn't hate him so much and played the formation I want, Camo would be ideal behind the strikers. Can dribble, not that fast, can shoot from far....
Good idea :tup: but along with that you may need to encourage capello to scrap the flat 4-4-2.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
5 places, 5 new signings? I wish :D. I think one of the places next to marchionni in the midfield will be filled with viera and BTW you should prolly take DP off coz currently it seems Ibrah is destined for that place no matter what :rolleyes:
I think that all those(???) places are unsecure.
RB,we definitely need one good at the side.

DC-an urgent replacement for Thuram

MC-Unsecure position because there are many talks about Vieira leaving.

Nedved - fantastic player but I don't know a thiong about his future career.

Ibrahimovic-Still didn't extend his contract,and maybe he wants to go somewhere else,which I would like,honestly.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
mark77 said:
I know, it's impossible. :(
Thats exactly why half the time I feel that transfer talk brings us to la la land. Despite our dream of playing this and that, we always see the contrary. Signing lots of free and/or (old) players this summer is highly likely so we may as well reduce our conversations in finding all the possible free agents this summer and talk about them at Juve. :eyebrows:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
giovanotti said:
I think that all those(???) places are unsecure.

MC-Unsecure position because there are many talks about Vieira leaving.

Ibrahimovic-Still didn't extend his contract,and maybe he wants to go somewhere else,which I would like,honestly.
Hmm good points :agree:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
mark77 said:
4-3-1-2 with Camo behind the strikers and Nedved on the left,or

4-3-2-1 with both Camo and Nedi behind the single striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)