The History Thread (1 Viewer)

Mar 9, 2006
"It was an experience of great interest to me to meet Premier Stalin. The main object of my visit was to establish the same relations of easy confidence and of perfect openness which I have built up with President Roosevelt. I think that, in spite of the accident of the Tower of Babel which persists as a very serious barrier in numerous spheres, I have succeeded to a considerable extent. It is very fortunate for Russia in her agony to have this great rugged war chief at her head. He is a man of massive outstanding personality, suited to the sombre and stormy times in which his life has been cast; a man of inexhaustible courage and will-power and a man direct and even blunt in speech, which, having been brought up in the House of Commons, I do not mind at all, especially when I have something to say of my own. Above all, he is a man with that saving sense of humour which is of high importance to all men and all nations, but particularly to great men and great nations. Stalin also left upon me the impression of a deep, cool wisdom and a complete absence of illusions of any kind. I believe I made him feel that we were good and faithful comrades in this war-but that, after all, is a matter which deeds not words will prove."
Winston Churchill 1942
Churchill was brainwashed by the russian propaganda too, no doubt

Who the fuck is Churchill, who give a damn about his opinion and views, we have a radekas and some other brainwashed folks :rofl:

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah there are also people worshipping Hitler. You call them patriots, I call them retards.
Insulting and hate is a mistake. You are only filling your live with negative emotions that aren't creative. I prefer understanding. Comparing Hitler and Stalin is a dead end. Because they are different persons. There are many different things between Hitler and Mussolini so what is left for the comparison with Stalin.

The neonazism is one of the most negative ideologies for me but before judging harsh any nazi/commie/pro-imperial(american, chinese or russian) think how many of us choose where to be born, what kind of parents to have and in which era?

Nah, hate is needless and annoying emotion. I hate it :D

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #24
    Juventino[RUS];4515962 said:
    Stalin is one of the greatest leaders of all time, i know that you were brainwashed with western propagnda that he has killed polish people in Katyn, ukranians in holodomor, own people in Gulag and so one, it's impossible for me you remove this trash from ur heads. I can't fucking believe that polish people believe to Goebbels in the katyn's question...jeez......can you imagine how many troops you need to kill 21.000? how much weapons you need? how much food you need to feed prisoners and guards?! Same shit with the gulags, we even didn't had enough railroads to move that number of people around country, we even didn't had enough army to convoy them lol
    Oh my fucking god :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    @Nzoric

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    Well, Stalin's domestic body count made Hitler look like a poser. So he's got that going for him.
    Well, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Attila the Hun, Caeser, George W. Bush are also the leaders who can take the blame for the dead of hundreds of thousands and even millions. With Stalin is the same - great power leads to great f@#& ups.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Insulting and hate is a mistake. You are only filling your live with negative emotions that aren't creative. I prefer understanding. Comparing Hitler and Stalin is a dead end. Because they are different persons. There are many different things between Hitler and Mussolini so what is left for the comparison with Stalin.

The neonazism is one of the most negative ideologies for me but before judging harsh any nazi/commie/pro-imperial(american, chinese or russian) think how many of us choose where to be born, what kind of parents to have and in which era?

Nah, hate is needless and annoying emotion. I hate it :D
    Excuse me for hating mass murderers and their apologists. I will continue to do so nethertheless.

As for RUS, discussing anything with that guy is pointless.

That's the problem with any kind of fanatics. They have all the answers and deny everything that doesn't fit their world.

It's the same with Hitler really. There are still thousands of fanatics who try to convince the world that Hitler never knew about any of the crimes nazis commited.

In a world filled with more than 7 billion people you can easly find someone believing in anything you want. The problem with the Internet is that now it's easy for them to spread their bullshit. It's even worse with history because the more time passes by the easier it is for them to act like the chosen ones with the knowledge/not brainwashed by "media/western world/jews/illuminati".

For example Russia, Putin, Medvedev have all admitted that Soviets killed Polish officers in Katyn. They've even released documents signed by Stalin and Beria but I'm sure that people like RUS already have answers for that. There's just no winning against conspiracy theorists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-signed-Stalin-ordering-Katyn-massacre.html

Jul 2, 2006
    Juventino[RUS];4515982 said:
    Churchill was brainwashed by the russian propaganda too, no doubt

Who the fuck is Churchill, who give a damn about his opinion and views, we have a radekas and some other brainwashed folks :rofl:
    Probably because they support the same 'club' you know,

Churchill is full of shit anyway, that drunk. He praised kamal as well, whom was a 'brother' of his and catastrophe for the world muslims.

"Ataturk's death is not only a loss for the country, but for Europe is the greatest loss, he who saved Turkey in the war and who revived a new the Turkish nation after the war. The sincere tears shed after him by all classes of people is nothing other than an appropriate manifestation to this great hero and modern Turkey's Ata."
    Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

"Had Ataturk been alive the second world war would not have been fought"
    Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Well, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Attila the Hun, Caeser, George W. Bush are also the leaders who can take the blame for the dead of hundreds of thousands and even millions. With Stalin is the same - great power leads to great f@#& ups.
    I'm just talking about his own citizenry.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Mao did a nice job on his own the the Great Leap Forward. But in Mao's case, you can at least attribute much of that to incompetence and not direct intention.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    @swag love the quote in your signature.

also, there is far more interesting history that could be debated than the attendees of the Yalta conference.

Given the context - Italian history is fascinating

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    My favourite part of history is between the fall of Western Rome and year 1000. All the nation building processes were fascinating. For example the hundreds of years when Visigoths ruled Iberia which is more or less forgotten now. All the movements of tribes. The dominance of Khazaria. Early Slav kingdoms.

People call them the Dark Ages but they are the most interesting part of our history to me.

It's also fascinating how all European nations come from one indo-european migration. All but Finland, Estonia and Hungary. These guys are just aliens.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    I also love antient times. Not Egypt or Greece which are known by everyone but kingdoms and empires who are largely forgotten by people. Like Hittites, Sea People era, Assyria etc.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    It's also fascinating how all European nations come from one indo-european migration. All but Finland, Estonia and Hungary. These guys are just aliens.
    And if you look at evolution, you'll see that we all came from apes, primitive mammals, fish, DNA. Then take physics and see that we are all made of stars.

I personally adore the time from 17th century 'till now because of the technology and science advances. Also like every other history too. It's interesting to see empires come and go.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    My favourite part of history is between the fall of Western Rome and year 1000. All the nation building processes were fascinating. For example the hundreds of years when Visigoths ruled Iberia which is more or less forgotten now. All the movements of tribes. The dominance of Khazaria. Early Slav kingdoms.

People call them the Dark Ages but they are the most interesting part of our history to me.

Some would argue that Rome still hasn't fallen, its just been rebranded as the Catholic Church.

I love debating the fall of the Republic and the rise Caesar, i'm not too hot on Rome post the second triumvirate but i love learning about individual characters of the era.

Crassus is a personal favourite - one of the wealthiest men in history and founder of the first fire brigade - which he used to extort property owners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Licinius_Crassus#Rise_to_power_and_wealth

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Speaking of Catholic Church its early history is also fascinating. The evolution from small sect to the only religion in Rome, how much it changed and how much was adopted/invented on the fly.

I also love the Byzantine Empire, their social structure and constant struggle against northern and southern invaders. Of course the killer shot was fired by good old catholic crusaders during the 4th crusade.

Generally speaking I like the earlier history more than modern one, probably because much more is clouded by mystery.

Btw check out the history of Roman Emperors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_roman_emperors

Half of them were assassinated by their own guards :lol:. I would never accept that job :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)