The Friendly Matches Thread (8 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
LOL, they look like socks! :LOL:
:irritate:

Hey .. I like them all-white boots, they are way too classy :stuckup:

I've got addidas indoor ones .. they look good, especially with the Juve jersey ;)

Majed .. all of Davids' boots tear-up in a few games :rolleyes: :D

Sep 1, 2002
It is good to see DV scoring so many goals and perhaps that will boost his confidence. Or perhaps he has simplly found his right level. Sorry to be harsh but there you are, it's not as if he reads this stuff.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Majed .. all of Davids' boots tear-up in a few games :rolleyes: :D
:D

Seriously, the white nike Vapor looks awesome!
i like them better than the Chrome ones Ronaldo wears.

But i still dont like the Quality of nike :groan:

I have the 2002 Red Adidas Predator Mania (Exactly like DP's shoes last November) and they are great. though the best shoes i ever wore was the 1998 Adidas predator Accelerator.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #108
    Thuram hasn't joined the team yet, he's still on holiday :)

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #111
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    he deserve it! :thumb:

he played almost every game! :stress:
    Yeah, and he did amazingly well in almost every game as well :strong:

++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++

Great start...but in Usa the real tests.
    Agreed :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Great job from the boys, Buffon must have fallen asleep.

Good to see Miccoli and DV working well and :thumb: DV getting 4 goals.

I hope Edgar scored a good goal, because (when he actually scores) his goals are quite nice.

//ed

Wait a minute!!! Olivera scored?!?! :confused::confused: Isn't he loaned out?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Great job from the boys, Buffon must have fallen asleep.

Good to see Miccoli and DV working well and :thumb: DV getting 4 goals.

I hope Edgar scored a good goal, because (when he actually scores) his goals are quite nice.

//ed

Wait a minute!!! Olivera scored?!?! :confused::confused: Isn't he loaned out?
    This deal isn't finilized, but he's expected to leave soon. we're just keeping him in shape :)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I saw the match and for those that asked questions, here's the answers :D

- Thuram will join Juve in August in the USA (he's the only one that played the Confederation Cup from the Juve players).

- Tudor is having an individual training at the moment and not with the team. As usual some muscle problems.

- The match was obviously easy going and it was mainly a parade of the old stars, and a presentation of the new players.

- It’s difficult to say who the best players were since there were 2 teams at each half so I`ll just talk about the new ones

- Legrottaglie played in the first half and wasn’t troubled much, though whenever he had to make a challenge or start a move from defence, he always looks calm and in control.

- Maresca was the director just in front of the defence line. What I liked most about him is the confidence, cos he was always asking and gesturing to his team mates to pass him the ball, as if he was a veteran of the team. Good job.

- Appiah might not have Davids aggressiveness, but he surely doesn’t let anyone pass by him without a fight (in a good way). He even has a very nice shot and went close to scoring a really nice goal from outside the box.

- Miccoli has become the fan’s favourite. Whenever he touched the ball, all the fans would applaud and shout his name, and whenever he did a nice move (which he did often enough), the crowd would ‘aww’ at him. In fact the loudest ‘goal’ was when he scored, as everyone seemed to be waiting for that moment. Great assists, and an amazing shot; in fact from wherever he shot, he would always find the goal, and if it wasn`t for a couple of good keeper saves, he might have scored more. Btw he was very un-egoistic at one point, when he was in front of the keeper and could have scored his first Juve goal, but instead passed it to Conte who tapped it in. He’s gonna be our star player :D

- Olivera scored a nice well taken strong shot goal and moved quite well. Hopefully his move to Empoli will make him a better player.

- Special mention to DV who scored 4 goals from 5 shots. He’s on fire ;) We don't need a new striker as a backup for Trez :)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    maybe we need to think about getting a di vaio backup. Trez gets one with the first team, di vaio gets 4 with the reserves!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Too harsh there ;)

I think the difference between Trez and DV was Miccoli. In the first half there wasn't a real assist man, but Miccoli in the 2nd half was producing quality assists to all of his team mates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)