The Friendly Matches Thread (8 Viewers)

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
E' iniziato all'insegna delle sue stelle la stagione 2003/04 della Juventus. Al termine del primo tempo della sfida con i dilettanti del Valle d'Aosta, al Perucca di Saint Vincent, bianconeri avanti 5-0 con doppietta di Del Piero e reti di Davids, Trezeguet e Nedved. Nel giorno dell'80° anniversario dell'ingresso della sua famiglia nella Juventus, in tribuna c'è anche il Dottor Umberto.
Is that one of the new jerseys that DP is wearing??

looks nice :thumb:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #83
    Here's a little something from Football Italia:

Alessandro Del Piero scored Juve’s first official goal of the season in Nicola Legrottaglie’s debut.

The reigning Italian Champions brushed aside local side Valle d’Aosta 12-0 on Thursday evening and their captain was the star of the show.

Del Piero opened the scoring on 13 minutes before converting a spot-kick soon after, but also provided assists for David Trezeguet and Edgar Davids.

Ex-Chievo man Legrottaglie made his debut in central defence alongside Mark Iuliano, while Gianluca Zambrotta was again impressive at left-back.

Despite his recent row with the club, Mauro Camoranesi started the match on the right flank.

Coach Marcello Lippi changed the entire side for the second half to give former Brescia starlet Stephan Appiah his first Juventus appearance.

Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli formed a stunning partnership upfront with four goals for the ex-Parma hitman and a series of assists from the tiny Italian international.

Marcelo Zalayeta did not take part as the Uruguayan forward has been ruled out for three weeks with a knee injury.

Juventus One 5-0 Valle d’Aosta
    Scorers: Del Piero 13, pen 23, Davids 15, Trezeguet 31, Nedved 44
    Line-up: Buffon, Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Iuliano, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids; Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Piero

Juventus Two 6-0 Valle d’Aosta
    Scorers: Di Vaio 7, 11, 20, 36, Conte 22, Miccoli 40, Olivera 45
    Line-up: Chimenti, Fresi, Ferrara, Montero, Pessotto; Conte, Maresca, Appiah; Olivera; Miccoli, Di Vaio

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #84
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

Is that one of the new jerseys that DP is wearing??

looks nice :thumb:
    No, it isn't a new jersey, it's our black training kit with a green training bib over it :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    AWESOME NEWS AND GREAT PICS!! :thumb:

I'm so excited that DV has scored so many. this will surely boost his confidence and he'll start the season where he left off! with that beautiful goal vs. Perugia!

Also, that areticle says miccoli provided a lot of assists :thumb:
    That's exaclty what we need :thumb:

What about Legro, Maresca, and Appiah?!

I really can't wait to see the friendly games and the juve-milan game!!!

BTW, the kits look great...so does Buffon's :cool:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Here are some pictures from the match :)
    Check Camoranesi :D

he looks like those kids who are already going out of a happy birthday at makdonald´s kids place.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #95
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

TREZ is wearing #9!!!!!!!!

i thought Miccoli got #9!!!????

:confused:
    In friendlies the players just put on which ever shirt they feel like because I remember last season in the Birra Moretti Trophy Del Piero wore 16.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    In friendlies the players just put on which ever shirt they feel like because I remember last season in the Birra Moretti Trophy Del Piero wore 16.
    You're right .. in friendlies shirt numbers don't really matter .. they are nearly random :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

i thought maybe Trez had second thoughts about his prescious #17!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)