The Financial Situation (15 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Hi there. :D

The only thing I can think of to cheer on another Italian team (after calciopoli keep in mind, that's why mode of thinking at this juncture) is if we are border line between 3rd an 4th place and because of the co-efficient scenario we only get 3 teams in the CL then it makes sense to get that 4th place seed back.

Otherwise...fuck em.

(I know you tend to have more eloquently written pieces on here...please forgive my American way of thinking out loud :stuckup: )
It's fine. :D

Can't say it really bothers me that someone supports Italian teams in the CL or not, as that doesn't interest me much. Just the notion that Italian teams failing in CL is financially good for us, is so incredibly short sighted that I felt it was worth pointing out.

Oh, and Italy is not getting that 3rd spot back anytime soon.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Nothing like reading people who think capitalism is a logical system and that debt is a natural thing . Glad to kniw another crop of rubes are coming to make 2008 happen again.

Also, I think nintendo is doing quite well with their 0 debt and 7 billion cash reserves...but fuck fiscal responsibility right? Fucking rubes

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's fine. :D

Can't say it really bothers me that someone supports Italian teams in the CL or not, as that doesn't interest me much. Just the notion that Italian teams failing in CL is financially good for us, is so incredibly short sighted that I felt it was worth pointing out.

Oh, and Italy is not getting that 3rd spot back anytime soon.
Exactly. The league destroyed Juve. No one supported us in 2006 so why do we need to support any of the big teams that are in the CL from Italy. Screw that.

I wish them the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I agree with you there. Finally someone i wouldn't mind being stranded on a boat with.
You don't want to be stranded with me on a boat. :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Nothing like reading people who think capitalism is a logical system and that debt is a natural thing . Glad to kniw another crop of rubes are coming to make 2008 happen again.

Also, I think nintendo is doing quite well with their 0 debt and 7 billion cash reserves...but fuck fiscal responsibility right? Fucking rubes
:tup: :tup: :tup:

It's today's mentality.
People don't think about tomorrow, let alone about 5 or 20 years from now. We want everything & we want it now. And we want to be bailed out when (not if) it backfires.

Jun 13, 2007
You're missing the bigger picture. If Italian teams consistently perform badly in the cl then TV rights and sponsorship deals would be very far from optimal. The league will lose a lot and this can never be good for Juventus. Another reason is that even if we do win the scudetto regularly. If Italian teams don't perform in the cl then the importance of our victories will be marginalized. And another reason to want Italian teams to do well is that it elevates the level of competition in Italy and this will push us to get better. And another reason is that it would enable us to attract higher profile players. Now this is the question you need to really ask yourself. Say we get an extra amount of money from the Champions League each year because of our rivals failing. Is that amount really greater than the consequences/rewards that will come about if they do well?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You're missing the bigger picture. If Italian teams consistently perform badly in the cl then TV rights and sponsorship deals would be very far from optimal. The league will lose a lot and this can never be good for Juventus. Another reason is that even if we do win the scudetto regularly. If Italian teams don't perform in the cl then the importance of our victories will be marginalized. And another reason to want Italian teams to do well is that it elevates the level of competition in Italy and this will push us to get better. And another reason is that it would enable us to attract higher profile players. Now this is the question you need to really ask yourself. Say we get an extra amount of money from the Champions League each year because of our rivals failing. Is that amount really greater than the consequences/rewards that will come about if they do well?
If juve consistently do well then we would be fine. MIlan seem to be making a lot of money with or without Juve in such deals.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: :tup: :tup:

It's today's mentality.
People don't think about tomorrow, let alone about 5 or 20 years from now. We want everything & we want it now. And we want to be bailed out when (not if) it backfires.
Thing is I have 15 months left of payment on my car...but I want a new one so I'm going to test drive a new Mazda today and see what my trade-in-value would be on my car...maybe lease to lower my payment.

#debt
#baddecisions

Jun 13, 2007
Hustini, football works in cycles. No team is ever always on top. Ever. You better believe that there will come a time when we're not the best anymore. There's no telling when that time is. Now given that certainty, wouldn't you rather have a league with more money in it? 4 cl spots instead of 3? More prestige? Better coverage? Don't you think that would allow a team like juventus recover and improve faster?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
If juve consistently do well then we would be fine. MIlan seem to be making a lot of money with or without Juve in such deals.
Other Italian teams being bad in CL ends up in us being the only Italian team playing CL, right?
Now, how many teams do you know that do consistently well in the CL that are not from a country that has multiple participants each & every year.

Thing is I have 15 months left of payment on my car...but I want a new one so I'm going to test drive a new Mazda today and see what my trade-in-value would be on my car...maybe lease to lower my payment.

#debt
#baddecisions
Well, can you afford it or not?

Ok, that's not a good question. There are tons of people who think they can afford a certain thing, while in reality they simply can not :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hustini, football works in cycles. No team is ever always on top. Ever. You better believe that there will come a time when we're not the best anymore. There's no telling when that time is. Now given that certainty, wouldn't you rather have a league with more money in it? 4 cl spots instead of one? More prestige? Better coverage? Don't you think that would allow a team like juventus recover and improve faster?
Here is a question: Where do you think we would be right now if it wasn't for Calciopoli? Still on top? Worth even more?

- - - Updated - - -

Other Italian teams being bad in CL ends up in us being the only Italian team playing CL, right?
Now, how many teams do you know that do consistently well in the CL that are not from a country that has multiple participants each & every year.

Well, can you afford it or not?

Ok, that's not a good question. There are tons of people who think they can afford a certain thing, while in reality they simply can not :D
A.) Can't think of any off the top of my head. Who are you hinting to? Like a Turkish team? :D I think I'm seeing your point...

B.) Yes...I can afford my payment now on my current car, but if I leased I could lower my monthly payment anyways so it would be more affordable.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
A.) Can't think of any off the top of my head. Who are you hinting to? Like a Turkish team? :D I think I'm seeing your point...
Good boy :D

B.) Yes...I can afford my payment now on my current car, but if I leased I could lower my monthly payment anyways so it would be more affordable.
A lower lease for a longer time, right?

You'll have some calculating to do!

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
If Serie A teams do well in europe, constantly, it would bring prestige back to the league, which would entitle Juve and all the other clubs to demand higher money for TV rights of the league than the current rate.

Jul 1, 2010

Agreed.

We should definitely get rid of our debt steadily, that's why we will not spend much in the next few years and should focus on young players (Gabbiadini, Berardi, etc.)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What's that got to do with anything?
I'll answer your question. Please answer my question.
Probably in a better position.
Exactly my point. We would still be on top with other teams clawing their way out of a debt hole that most italian teams are in. We were always in top-notch financial condition anyways thanks to our history of not overspending on players and when we went big was because we sold a player like Zidane. Our club was operating at a consistent top 3 in Europe rate. I honestly don't think that was a result of other italian teams doing well in CL or not. It was down to how we ran our own business.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

We should definitely get rid of our debt steadily, that's why we will not spend much in the next few years and should focus on young players (Gabbiadini, Berardi, etc.)
Giovinco*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)