The Champions World Series (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
Dacourt kicked Robben in the calf after he got past him and Robben went down. Kezman came storming at Dacourt and he was reaching for his face, so Dacourt made "a pre-emptive strike" :)P) and slapped him in the face.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Roma suffer Chelsea loss
Friday 30 July, 2004

Olivier Dacourt was sent off for Roma as the Giallorossi began their American tour with a 3-0 loss to Chelsea.

The Italian side were already two down when the Frenchman was dismissed after a mini-brawl.

Dacourt was shown the red card on 66 minutes following a tussle with Mateja Kezman - who reacted angrily to a foul by the international on Arjen Robben.

The two men grappled with each other before the intervention of teammates and match officials. Both Dacourt and Kezman were sent for an early bath.

It was a bad night for Roma in Pittsburgh as the Premiership side wasted little time in taking the lead.

Joe Cole netted after just 11 minutes following some good work with former Real Madrid midfielder Geremi.

Serbian ace Kezman made it 2-0 on 63 minutes by slotting home a Robben cross past goalkeeper Carlo Zotti.

Didier Drogba ended the scoring as he claimed his first for the club five minutes later following a Frank Lampard shot.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul30b.html

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #213
    I didn't watch the whole match, but from what I saw Totti sucked :D

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #214
    Porto vs Liverpool today. Should be interesting to see how the new-look European Champions are shaping up.

FC Porto

May 31, 2004
    :D
    Maniche,Costinha,H.Postiga,Seitaridis ,Nuno Valente are just back from holidays...haven't trained with the rest of the squad so far!
    Diego arrived yesterday in Portugal...
    Most likely all of them will be in the starting eleven during the season...so...
    Anyway , from what I've seen so far,this season's Porto is totally different from Mourinho's..
    Del Neri is trying to get the team to play a classical 4-4-2..with a offside trap defense (is going to take a lot of hard work to get that in shape!and tonight with Owen and Cissé...uff!PERICOLOSO )
    2 wingers and 2 central midfielders (basically defensive midfielders..)
    One striker(tall one) and a very offensive number 10 playing on his back..

Is this how Del Neri did with Chievo??
    Guess that tonight's match might be quite entertaining!

Greetings to everyone

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Greetings and welcome!

Great to see more fans of the Portuguese Superliga around here. ;)

I'm curious to see how FC Porto will hold up with their new squad, and coach, myself. Particularly against Valencia in the Super Cup on Aug 27...

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #219
    Liverpool started the better and had the opening chances of the game coming from Michael Owen headers. Cisse's pace was a major concern for the Porto defenders in the first half but Pool played too many hopeful long balls.

At times Porto have played some majestic football with glorious build-up play, and Quaresma alone has made this match worth watching with his dribbling. He also hit the crossbar and the post.

0-0 at half time, looking forward to the next 45 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)