The Champions World Series (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #224
    Full time. Porto get a well deserved victory in an entertaining clash.

Two games tomorrow; Milan-Man U and Celtic-Roma.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    i know its good to see roma loose, but in a way, this tour is ruining the serie a's reputation here, its no wonder there are only man united fans. think about it, chelsea roma 3-0. juve man u 1-4 the english teams are bringing us to shame, and yes they arent exactly going full out to win, but the average soccer fan here doesnt know the difference between say d'agostino and totti (i think)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    you shouldnt, but all day either people dont know shit, or they tell me how juve sucks, and any premiership team will kill them, its just annoying

it hurts my juve pride man! :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Amen, Brother Don. These aren't real matches by any means anyway -- it's just the fluff of pre-season tryouts with a chance to expand the schwag sale market a little on the side. Nothing more.

I can't wait for the real deal to start -- this Champions World Series garbage depresses me. With the Euro and Copa America over, it looks like it's going to have to be WC qualifiers for any meaningful football until Juve's CL qualifiers.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Great game by Porto, although they lose some players, they're still a dangerous team.

I saw ManU-Milan today, Milan looks good with their "never change the winning team" philosophy.

Last but not least, Celtic 0-1 AS Roma (F.Totti).
    Good game by D'Agostino and the captain.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Milan really should have lost to ManU. They were outplayed with all of what was mostly their starting squad, while ManU had several key absences and a lot more chances. But that could also be a reflection of their respective fitness levels, given the month difference between the starts of the EPL and Serie A season.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #234
    Celtic-Roma was an entertaining game :) Mexes, D'Agostino and Totti were outstanding for Roma, while McGeady of Celtic seems a promising player.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #235
    Chelsea-Milan is on now and it's 1-1. Gudjohnsen gave the Blues the lead from a Scott Parker free kick and Cafu answered with a sweet volley.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #236
    2-1 Chelski. Lampard swung in a corner and Drogba met the ball with a powerful header after out-jumping Maldini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)