The causality approach (7 Viewers)

OP
Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #61
    That's not a fair question, Martin. We find it ridiculous, because we see Muhammad from a certain perspective. You see, we don't care about other believers. Whether or not they believe holds no relevance to us. In the eyes of a muslim (or a christian) the fact that many people believe is extremely relevant. They think that because many people believe it to be true, it must be. There must have been something about Muhammad that made people believe.
    Seven becoming a theist:lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Dec 26, 2004
    That's not a fair question, Martin. We find it ridiculous, because we see Muhammad from a certain perspective. You see, we don't care about other believers. Whether or not they believe holds no relevance to us. In the eyes of a muslim (or a christian) the fact that many people believe is extremely relevant. They think that because many people believe it to be true, it must be. There must have been something about Muhammad that made people believe.
    This is by far the most ridiculous post in this thread, maybe the whole religion section as well.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    If he can prove it better than Mohammed then why not?

I'd even admit Mohammed was a lier and I was mistaken.

Believe doesn't always make sense or sound logical, you know it I know it.
    I think you probably just said the same thing that Seven said just now. That it seems illogical, but since a lot of people believe it, there must be something to it.

Dec 26, 2004
    I'm in law school you moron. I hold a bachelor's degree in history and speak four languages. What's the problem? You think I don't have enough education?

And you're wrong, again. It's semantics here.

There is a possibility, but it didn't happen according to you. That doesn't mean the possibility is not there. Do you understand the point I'm trying to make?
    You have obvious problems in understanding math and logic.

Dec 26, 2004
    You honestly believe that if there was no muslim other than you, you'd still think Mohammed was the prophet?
    It would change nothing.

Doesn't matter. No honest person will claim you are more reasonable.

It took you four posts to understand the difference of saying something is not possible and saying something didn't happen.
    It does matter... what is the point of your previous post if it doesn't matter?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Do you really think I believe it because there is millions of other people who believe it too?

You don't think I'm that stupid, do you?
    No, that's not why you alone believe. It's why everyone does. It's the same reason you won't go into a restaurant if there isn't anyone inside, it seems suspicious. But something that is popular seems well tested enough purely because a lot of other people have been convinced. This is how religion works, you don't have to convince every person fully, it's the fact that there is a group of believers that functions as a stamp of approval to new arrivals.

And it's not about being stupid, it's crowd psychology. People affect each other, more than they realize. And it's common knowledge. It's way harder to convince people of something if you can't point at a bunch of other people who have already been convinced.

It's like waiting for the bus. If there are people at the bus stop, that gives you reason to think they know something, they know there is a bus coming. If there was noone at the bus stop, you might think maybe there is no bus, maybe the bus route changed, maybe the bus drivers are on strike etc. You would be a lot more reluctant to draw the same conclusion: that a bus is coming.

Dec 26, 2004
    If anyone is interested to know what Seven adds to an argument just compare quality of the first 50 posts of this thread (without Seven) with ones of the last two pages (with Seven).

He certainly add things like: "you are a moron", "you can't understand", "you are lying to yourself"...

Dec 26, 2004
    No, that's not why you alone believe. It's why everyone does. It's the same reason you won't go into a restaurant if there isn't anyone inside, it seems suspicious. But something that is popular seems well tested enough purely because a lot of other people have been convinced. This is how religion works, you don't have to convince every person fully, it's the fact that there is a group of believers that functions as a stamp of approval to new arrivals.

And it's not about being stupid, it's crowd psychology. People affect each other, more than they realize. And it's common knowledge. It's way harder to convince people of something if you can't point at a bunch of other people who have already been convinced.

It's like waiting for the bus. If there are people at the bus stop, that gives you reason to think they know something, they know there is a bus coming. If there was noone at the bus stop, you might think maybe there is no bus, maybe the bus route changed, maybe the bus drivers are on strike etc. You would be a lot more reluctant to draw the same conclusion: that a bus is coming.
    Atheist is so popular in here, why not then?

OP
    Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #79

I agree with this. I see belief is a habit of culture.
    Almost not 1 muslim I know knows exactly why he is muslim. Same thing for christians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)