The biggest flops juve ... (1 Viewer)

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
In your opinion who were the biggest flops in rcent times with juve?

i can name clearly:

Athirson, Pellegrin, Legrottaglie, Dimas, Blanchard, Mirkovic, Sorin, Baiocco, Esnaider, Van Der Sar

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wouldn't call Van Der Sar a flop. Salas yes. Esnaider was not a flop either, afterall he brought us Trezeguet.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
In your opinion who were the biggest flops in rcent times with juve?

i can name clearly:

Athirson, Sorin, Van Der Sar
Really dont see how you can say any of these were flops...

Athirson and sorin like so many before them came here far too young and were ruined by juve and not given a shot... You also forget that for a long part of his stay, Athirson was actually banned from playing by fifa as we refused to pay the agreed money for him... Not his fault in the slightest

As for vds... Im not a fan of his and criticise him regularly, however he played well for us... he made some errors in a couple of important games which is why he is slagged off by many... but outside of those games he was a good keeper and as such in no way a flop... You cant discount the rest of his top quality performances because of a couple of errors... however importanmt they were...

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

As for vds... Im not a fan of his and criticise him regularly, however he played well for us... he made some errors in a couple of important games which is why he is slagged off by many... but outside of those games he was a good keeper and as such in no way a flop... You cant discount the rest of his top quality performances because of a couple of errors... however importanmt they were...

we practically lost a scudetto in that 2-2 game with roma

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Ive no idea... because he made a mistake...

everyone makes them... gigi has made his share (luckily not that have turned out to matter)....

How a players juve career can be judged on some 30 seconds of mistakes in his entire time with us... i have no clue

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Again Henry cannot be considered a flop, the same case applies as to Sorin and Athirson, check Shadowfax's post earlier.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Recently... O'Neil would be my choice... Ok he wasnt a massive star but he was impressing alot of people at the time and looked to be a good buy who would answer our then problems...

He , to me at least was a massive dissapointment

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Henry i actually thought did ok for us in his 18 games... More a matter that with the tactics we used at the time we really didnt need the then traditional left winger...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
i dont think juve has had any massive dissapointments ala milan with rivaldo, all the people that have flopped have come from relatively smaller teams
Milan fans don't consider Rivaldo as a flop, they always say he came there for free. But yes they had major flops in the past, Ba can be on top of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)