Thank you Ranieri ... (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He did well.

He inherited a team that just came back from Serie B and he managed to do a remarkable first season.
When, however, the team should have been brought to a superiour level (from January 2009 on), he failed to find the second gear.

The only serious issue I had with him are his stuborness of overplaying Nedved at the expense of Giovinco. I know it's not easy to find a place for Giovinco when both Nedved and Del Piero are on the pitch, but I firmly believe that a top coach would have found a system permitting to use the best of these three players, including by rotation.

He did a correct and competent job, but failed to step up to the higher class. That said, he always respected the club and I command him for that. He has endured some rough times recently.

Good luck on your next jobs, Claudio!

Then all of a sudden he found a way to find a place for Del Piero on the bench :wallbang:

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
He did well with the squad he was given, but he could not read a game or make the right tactical and player decisions which is what cost him in the end

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Regarding the first season, he has indeed to face some real issues and handicap.
And he was indeed forced to make some decision that wouldnt fit his plans, in an ideal world.
But isnt this exactly why we got him for??
He was supposed to find some solutions to those problems and if those problems couldnt be countered with the simple adjustments of tactics, he had the chance to fix them this season, with the acquisition of the appropriate tools!
Failing this year only proves that he never had the answer to these problems and what happened in the first year, was not by his hand alone.
He took too much unnecessary credit for that, as i warned back then!!
Remember last year that we have collapsed just like we did right now and only because the incompetence of our direct opponents we didnt pay that mistake.
This year, as our opponents have grown more powerful and remained focused to the end, we are now threatened.
Last year Neddy, DP and Treze took the team at their shoulders,
and tried to beat impossible odds, as their personal quest, just to prove themselves, that they were not champions, only because of Moggi.
They were determined to prove that even with hostile refs, they can do the difference, as the did at the pre-calciopoli era.

Claiming that CR made the difference, with his superior tactical skills and not their sweat on the field is a disgrace to their names and efforts as far as i am concerned.
Remember how many times last year, our team was held in draws and looked helpless, exactly as it did this year. CR tactics amputated our team and it was only by a moment of individual brilliance that we reached were we reached last year. We took far too many points because of that and not by our superiority as a team. Praising CR for that is not fair!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
so let me get this straight...he was deliberately taking the team on a 2 month winless streak so that he would get fired and get a large severance pay?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
“Coaches have a cruel destiny. When things go badly, they are the only ones who end up on trial in a kangaroo court.”

“Clubs fire them to shake up the team, or at least so they say. I am mortified that Claudio has gone this way and anyone who knows football will tell you he laid foundations that will leave their mark.”

Gigi del Neri

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
:agree:

And he got the pay off he was holding out for. How can anyone feel sorry for someone that leads our team to 8 winless games
so let me get this straight...he was deliberately taking the team on a 2 month winless streak so that he would get fired and get a large severance pay?
yeah thats what I said, you see in my post above yours where i say "claudio ranieri was deliberately making the squad lose and draw games for a period of 2 months so that he could get the pay off he was looking for" :disagree: some people are such smart asses.

I meant that he wouldn't resign because then he wouldn't get a pay out, any other manager would resign after a shameful run like that. Ranieri always wants his pay out

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
“Coaches have a cruel destiny. When things go badly, they are the only ones who end up on trial in a kangaroo court.”

“Clubs fire them to shake up the team, or at least so they say. I am mortified that Claudio has gone this way and anyone who knows football will tell you he laid foundations that will leave their mark.”

Gigi del Neri
Apart from Ravanelli, i think that everyone who was asked about Ranieri today or yesterday, including some former Juve players like Di Livio, said that it was a mistake to fire him 2 rounds before the end.

But for the fans it was really hard to watch this Juve, without any hope for a change. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but it was a desperate time and we needed a desperate measure.

As for the foundations he laid.... the future will certainly give the answer.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It was the only option left. They should have fired him sooner. Perhaps they could have backed him up a bit firmer a few weeks ago though, because now it was obvious that at some point he would get fired and this really hurted the team.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
As much as Ranieri had to go, he should be given the credit for what he done before 2009. He got a Juventus still licking its wounds from the Calciopoli 2 years back to 3rd place in the Serie A just behind a Roma squad playing the best football it could ever dream by now and an overpowered Inter, which is not a bad result at all. We were just set to secure second this season and presented Inter their real threat in eons but the team slumped to 3rd near the end.

He may have fucked up at the matches against the smaller teams. He was just acting stupid. But he was something else against bigger teams most of the time. The numerous times we crushed bigger team this season (the 4-2 victory against milan and the double thumping against Real were the best by far this season) and played some great football, a good example is the home game against Chelsea. We might have lost but this was only because Chelsea were extremely lucky (but half the credit needs to go to the players here. Amazing determination at this game and a true fighting spirit. The 'motivation' at the games after was just shit. Who saw the last few games knows clearly what I mean) And not to mention that if Chelsea didn't change coach, the result would have been far more in our favour.

But the problem is that Ranieri is a grea Builder, not a Winner. He builds up a great squad but doesn't seem to win with it. It's Chelsea all over again. With a new, proper coach, we will hopefully start winning something real and the new coach would need to thank Ranieri for leaving a solid squad (which could have been tenfold better if we had someone more competent than Secco) All in all, even tho I hated Ranieri for the shit the team was doing lately (although i admit, the players too were at fault there), he still earns my respect for what he has done at 07-08 and the first half of this season. And the exaggerated hate is just funny though. Some of you guys are just doing it as bad as the media is doing now about the swine flu :lol:

Where will Ranieri go now? Probably Roma.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Gigi del Neri
Speaking of short stays in Roma...

Well, could have been shorter, as he was in Porto.

yamo93

Loyal Juventino
Jan 17, 2008
Ranieri will definitely head for a national team. At least thats what he was saying a few months ago, he said he was going to coach a national side after finishing his job at Juve. Although I have to say I'd love to see him destroying Inter or any other rival team we have in Serie A. To stay on topic, I'll thank him for his work at the early stage of his period in Juve, but still thats not whats going to stick in our minds from now on. The thing we all surely will remember is this recent win drought. However, I think it was time for him to leave as he clearly showed that he was not even close to being a true winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)