Terrorism (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Oh, so how were we not major contributors then? Once again thats crap you know it Seven.
If we could have won the war without you, you're not a major contributor. You can't do without a major contributor and we could do without you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sergio said:
And so now we are arguing over a war that ended 60 years ago.
It was a pretty big event though. And all in all history is considered important to the present, since history is what made the present.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Vinman said:
you cant prove that

how many countries had Hitler invaded before we got involved ??
Invading is relatively easy; the hardest part is maintaining a firm grip over vast territories bulging with resistance and the majority of history records I've come across testify of a rapidly weakening German grip over the occupied territories.

That and other factors (such as British and Soviet counter attacks) is more than enough reason to believe Nazi Germany would have been defeated without American aid; even though in that scenario the war might have lasted up until the 1950s, costing many more lives than it did.

American involvemend in the war (disregarding the motives therefor) sped the process of the great German implosion that started in late 1941 and thus saved many lives at a very high cost to American society (in terms of bloodshed of tens of thousands of soldiers) and that is something Europe is still very grateful for. Hence the many American graveyards scattered all over the Western part of the Continent that have been and still are continuously kept in a gorgeous and respectful state.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My opinion on the whole matter, for what its worth.

America was a major contributor during WW2. That's what I believe. Would WW2 have been won without the US's help? Yes, however, it could have POSSIBLY taken longer to do it, and at the expense of more civilian and military casualties.

Would the US had even been involved in the war if Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor?? Maybe, maybe not. But I think, and this is not fact, that the only reason the US got involved in Europe in the first place is because of Germany's alliance with Japan.

And if the US DIDN'T get involved in WW2, then the United States may have never been able to get out of the Great Depression this country was going through in the first place.

Now, with that being said, do you think if the US was around in the 11th century the Crusades may have ended up differently??

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Seven said:
It was a pretty big event though. And all in all history is considered important to the present, since history is what made the present.
No one's denying that, Seven. It was probably the biggest event of the 20th century. I just don't see how arguing about it NOW, when we all know the end result, will get us anywhere but pissed off at each other, especially when this is being brought up in a thread whose topic is still a major issue in the world tocay, with no reasonably viable solution at hand

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sergio said:
No one's denying that, Seven. It was probably the biggest event of the 20th century. I just don't see how arguing about it NOW, when we all know the end result, will get us anywhere but pissed off at each other, especially when this is being brought up in a thread whose topic is still a major issue in the world tocay, with no reasonably viable solution at hand
Which iRiver do you have?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sergio said:
My opinion on the whole matter, for what its worth.

America was a major contributor during WW2. That's what I believe. Would WW2 have been won without the US's help? Yes, however, it could have POSSIBLY taken longer to do it, and at the expense of more civilian and military casualties.

Would the US had even been involved in the war if Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor?? Maybe, maybe not. But I think, and this is not fact, that the only reason the US got involved in Europe in the first place is because of Germany's alliance with Japan.

And if the US DIDN'T get involved in WW2, then the United States may have never been able to get out of the Great Depression this country was going through in the first place.

Now, with that being said, do you think if the US was around in the 11th century the Crusades may have ended up differently??
That's something a lot of people seem to forget as well, but I didn't want to bring it up.

Both WWII and the crusades were relevant to what society looks like today. The crusades being a motive for terroristic attacks till this day. Discussing about history isn't something that needs to be ridiculed. The reason for discussing about history is the simple fact that history has his impact on the present. To be able to understand the present better it's necessary to know what happened before.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sergio said:
I think I just answered that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
Which iRiver do you have?
Actually, it belongs to my Wife. Its the 6GB H10. Hopefully, I'll be scoring the 20GB version for X-Mas.

And yes, I am so thankful that we entered the war, because if not, I could very well be stuck listening to David Hasselhoff on my iFluss.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sergio said:
Actually, it belongs to my Wife. Its the 6GB H10. Hopefully, I'll be scoring the 20GB version for X-Mas.

And yes, I am so thankful that we entered the war, because if not, I could very well be stuck listening to David Hasselhoff on my iFluss.
I think I will be getting the H10 20GB version iFluss on Christmas, at least I made it clear for EVERYONE that it is what I want. What colour do you want to purchace? I am lost between the red and the black/grey.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Vinman said:
I'm sure you agree with his treatment of the Jews, however

Yes just like when the catholics butchered the jews, who then could only find refuge among the arabs. Your continuous racial remarks are really sad considering you're a police officer.

N.B: I'm not arab so you'd be wasting your time insulting the race.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
I think I will be getting the H10 20GB version iFluss on Christmas, at least I made it clear for EVERYONE that it is what I want. What colour do you want to purchace? I am lost between the red and the black/grey.

Black

Although I'm not quite sure how the both of us getting IRivers is going to prevent terrorism, Jeeks.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Vinman said:
I'm glad you see it that way:)
I am sure Vinnie that sarcasm did not go over you head, but what the hell its ur call! I just wanted to have a mature disscussion with you, and I believe I raised a couple of arguments that you dogded....:confused:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sergio said:
Black

Although I'm not quite sure how the both of us getting IRivers is going to prevent terrorism, Jeeks.
If we make everyone chill and have an iRiver in his hand and earphones in his ears, no one would want to make terror anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)