Türkiye (16 Viewers)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
This isn't just about the law in the Netherlands. You have international law too. In the form of treaties, but also in the form of customary law. I know that wasn't your point, but (dis)respect does play a big role in diplomatic relations. Not allowing a foreign minister to land on your territory is a big deal. I'm not picking sides here, don't know enough about the situation at all, but I can see why Turkey would not be happy about this.
I appreciate that but local law and the context becomes even more relevant when the country you are talking about goes to elections in 4 days or something. Especially when immigration is one of the most significant topics and you know that doing that will certainly affect voting especially for right-wing. I think it's basic diplomacy, and respect as you said, to make sure you are not stepping on anyone toes in such times.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
I don't see the problem? You can revokes landing rights and that is not against any agreement or law. Diplomatic immunity means that if you are in the country we can not expell. If he took a flight to Germany and took a car into the Netherlands nobody can hold him. The Netherlands had 100 percent the rights to do what they did. Europe stays behind us, because they see we did the correct thing (i never expected we would do this tho). You need to draw a border, that's important for in the future. It is not that because we are a small country we are a playground for bigger countries.
a recent pkk meeting in holland. your government let these to happen but they don't let members of elected government to meet with Turkish citizens.

monkey in the video, obviously trusting his owners promises, saying: ''This is a 'do or die' process for us, everyone should make sacrifices. They are(Turks) now alone in the world, neither Europe nor US are behind them anymore.'' And insulting the Turks they killed.

State that export terrorism, this is what your state is whether you like it or not as there is solid proof.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Its a meeting in a gym or something like that, of course you cant and should not control all the gyms in the country. if Turkish government wanted to invite some of their citizens to a tea at the embassy I doubt Dutch people would interfere

Apr 9, 2015

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
a recent pkk meeting in holland. your government let these to happen but they don't let members of elected government to meet with Turkish citizens.
It seems like a nice civil event. Music and some dancing, i'm sure they had great snacks bar. You are talking about holding a political rally on the street for thousands of people while the country goes into elections, where immigration is high on the agenda, and you can't see the difference? seriously Turk I'm asking couldn't they have waited 4 more days without interfering with the election process?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah they thought it was our flag, but it was the French :lol:
Love also the European fire-safety rules so the flag doesn't burn :lol:
Love also the picture they put knives in oranges, but oranges are Spanish :lol:
They should get a Norwegian flag just to cover all bases :tup:

Always wanted to go back to Istanbul. Seems like a pipe dream these days.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Fanatism is baaad, Turkey needs help to overcome dictatorship and become a civilized country. These proposed reforms are indeed a step to the wrong direction, democracy will suffer, there will be cultural regression​, but Holland or noone else has the right to interfere and that's precisely what they did, for their own political reasons. The excuse they made for civil unrest is ridiculous, actually this behaviour raises the chances for civil unrest, it was a violent move and violence can never be a fair solutionThe Turkish ppl should be allowed the benefit of a doubt too, all of Europe is falling victim of populism and extremism, maybe they will be wiser than most and don't fall pray to tyranny. Should they fall, we could discuss sanctions then, what Holland did was wrong!
It's 2017, i wonder how empty threats still hold any water, even for internal consumption...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

monkey in the video, obviously trusting his owners promises, saying: ''This is a 'do or die' process for us, everyone should make sacrifices. They are(Turks) now alone in the world, neither Europe nor US are behind them anymore.'' And insulting the Turks they killed.

State that export terrorism, this is what your state is whether you like it or not as there is solid proof.
On one side we have a PKK meeting, with decent calm people and some kids playing around

On the other side we have masses of loud screaming and raging AK-supporters, that trew bricks and barricades at the fine gentleman of the law. And needed a watercanon to disperse

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Fanatism is baaad, Turkey needs help to overcome dictatorship and become a civilized country. These proposed reforms are indeed a step to the wrong direction, democracy will suffer, there will be cultural regression​, but Holland or noone else has the right to interfere and that's precisely what they did, for their own political reasons. The excuse they made for civil unrest is ridiculous, actually this behaviour raises the chances for civil unrest, it was a violent move and violence can never be a fair solutionThe Turkish ppl should be allowed the benefit of a doubt too, all of Europe is falling victim of populism and extremism, maybe they will be wiser than most and don't fall pray to tyranny. Should they fall, we could discuss sanctions then, what Holland did was wrong!
It's 2017, i wonder how empty threats still hold any water, even for internal consumption...
Greece too needs help to become a civilized country, wait they have been constantly getting help and it hasn't helped...

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it so hard for people to understand the concept of sovereignty, holland can allow or disallow whatever they want without any justification.

Jul 2, 2006
It seems like a nice civil event. Music and some dancing, i'm sure they had great snacks bar. You are talking about holding a political rally on the street for thousands of people while the country goes into elections, where immigration is high on the agenda, and you can't see the difference? seriously Turk I'm asking couldn't they have waited 4 more days without interfering with the election process?
On one side we have a PKK meeting, with decent calm people and some kids playing around

On the other side we have masses of loud screaming and raging AK-supporters, that trew bricks and barricades at the fine gentleman of the law. And needed a watercanon to disperse
decent calm people and nice civil event...

You think you're funny, huh? Keep pissing on the open wound, only thing you will achieve will be your children cursing you for what you did today.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

You think you're funny, huh? Keep pissing on the open wound, only thing you will achieve will be your children cursing you for what you did today.
Stop being such a stupid damn stereotype. His children will not be cursing him. Nothing bad will happen. None of this will decide the fate of humanity. GET A GRIP.

Ffs.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Stop being such a stupid damn stereotype. His children will not be cursing him. Nothing bad will happen. None of this will decide the fate of humanity. GET A GRIP.

Ffs.
yy, keep laughing in the face of true values, a day will come when your people will look back in disgust at what you've done here

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
yy, keep laughing in the face of true values, a day will come when your people will look back in disgust at what you've done here
I don't know if you're being serious or not. It's as if people around here are oblivious to real world politics and practical concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it so hard for people to understand the concept of sovereignty, holland can allow or disallow whatever they want without any justification.
Exactly. And if you look at international law, you'll notice that sovereignty is an almost holy principle. It's pretty much the basis everything else is built on.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't know if you're being serious or not. It's as if people around here are oblivious to real world politics and practical concerns.
keep walking this path and one day you'll realize how blind you were, how different it all could've been, but it will be too late and your kin will vanish forever, all because of a post in Tuz

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
keep walking this path and one day you'll realize how blind you were, how different it all could've been, but it will be too late and your kin will vanish forever, all because of a post in Tuz
:lol:

Yeah, I don't know why Turk insists on posting like this.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

PKK, basically a party that likes to have equal rights for kurds, and want independence.
Turkey prefers to give none of that.

please explain me how this is a concern of me or my offspring who live in Belgium and have no quarrel with Kurds or Turks whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)