Türkiye (9 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It depends on the circumstances. In most cases they are not, but there are exceptions. In this case, we don't know much about the organisers to sa with certainty. Gulen is no better than Erdogan, but I doubt he was involved. What we know for certain is that Erdogan is not a democrat, he is a fundamentalist.
Exceptions that suit your narrative. So you're fine with bombing for democracy, but at the same time with a coup against a democratically elected government. Beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

My point was that a lot of people, from the organisers, died and the rest will probably be executed. So, if this was organised by Erdogan, these peope were on a suicide mission.
Well of course those who find this scenario likely don't think that all who participated in the coup knew it was a show. It's only a possibility though, which I can't prove.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Exceptions that suit your narrative. So you're fine with bombing for democracy, but at the same time with a coup against a democratically elected government. Beautiful.
There are many instances of people who were elected democratically, who begin a process of consolidating power and moving towards a dictatorship. Hitler, Chavez, Putin and now Erdogan. In such cases the term "democractically elected" is inappropriate.

Jul 2, 2006
There are other ways elections can be unfair. For example, there is no free press in Turkey.
Press is more free than it should be but biased. Don't mistaken these two. There are communist papers everyday insulting president and his voters, majority of people and coming up with pro-pkk headlines. pkk are killing people every single day, planting bombs left and right. did you see any pro-bin laden press in days of 9/11? I think not. if you come up with pro-boston bombing speech, i think you would be in deeper trouble than you would face here, ''disappearing'' under custody as best scenario. If free press is something like this, may the ground open up and swallow it.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Press is more free than it should be but biased. Don't mistaken these two. There are communist papers everyday insulting president and his voters, majority of people and coming up with pro-pkk headlines. pkk are killing people every single day, planting bombs left and right. did you see any pro-bin laden press in days of 9/11? I think not. if you come up with pro-boston bombing speech, i think you would be in deeper trouble than you would face here, ''disappearing'' under custody as best scenario. If free press is something like this, may the ground open up and swallow it.
I think we are through here.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How? I hate Erdogan, and I'm suspicious of whether the coup was a real attempt or just an excuse for him to get rid of the opposition, but Turkish people stood for a democratically elected government although they might have hated it. What happened last night was SO not middle-eastern, and was an indicator of civilian maturity and understanding of democracy, if they care for it (whether the whole thing was a show is not relevant here because Turkish people knew about it as much as we do). Maybe anti-Morsi Egyptians should have done the same thing too.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, because coups are in line with such liberties.

And any election in the world can be questioned with as much evidence as you provide in your last sentence.
as always an interesting view to think about :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck is that shit ?

Jul 2, 2006
Ataturk is an erdogan on the other side of the spectrum, but at least mustafa kemal was a war hero
which war is that? he massacred hundreds of thousands his own citizens including the ones who refused a wear hat. he made warships and planes bomb his own people(sounds familiar). he got more power than sultan in his reign, without winning a single election, stayed in power until his death. he is the very reason of the every single problem we face in this day, including separatist terror and coup attempts. how do you make a preposterous claim that?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
which war is that? he massacred hundreds of thousands his own citizens including the ones who refused a wear hat. he made warships and planes bomb his own people(sounds familiar). he got more power than sultan in his reign, without winning a single election, stayed in power until his death. he is the very reason of the every single problem we face in this day, including separatist terror and coup attempts. how do you make a preposterous claim that?
wwi, you ought to know that.

ps. and the turkish-greek war apparently. you are even more clueless than i thought

Jul 2, 2006
wwi, you ought to know that.

ps. and the turkish-greek war apparently. you are even more clueless than i thought
not as much as you are. he didn't do anything other than losing every single men under his command and losing ground but somehow surviving in ww1. second one wasn't even a war, it was staged, english encouraged greek to invade western anatolia, promising them those lands and their support. kamal needed legitimacy to be called a hero, he was acting as a colonial governor for english in reality. it work damn well apparently as i am reading this bs 100 years after the events. your ignorance and pretending like knowing something in this matter is not even pathetic.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
not as much as you are. he didn't do anything other than losing every single men under his command and losing ground but somehow surviving in ww1. second one wasn't even a war, it was staged, english encouraged greek to invade western anatolia, promising them those lands and their support. kamal needed legitimacy to be called a hero, he was acting as a colonial governor for english in reality. it work damn well apparently as i am reading this bs 100 years after the events. your ignorance and pretending like knowing something in this matter is not even pathetic.
no, yours is.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Revisionism at it's best, scary what can be indoctrinated in such a short time

I am ashamed for you that you talk about the guy who resorted your nation to greatness and laid the foundation for a modern, democratic Turkey. Without him Turkey would have ended up like every other failed Muslim country in the middle east, Show me one exception. Erodgan can't hold a candle to Ataturk, history will remember him long after Erdogan will be forgotten.

The guy gave your mom her voting rights and you a free education, Oh now I see why don't like him

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

I am ashamed for you that you talk about the guy who resorted your nation to greatness and laid the foundation for a modern, democratic Turkey. Without him Turkey would have ended up like every other failed Muslim country in the middle east, Show me one exception. Erodgan can't hold a candle to Ataturk, history will remember him long after Erdogan will be forgotten.

The guy gave your mom her voting rights and you a free education, Oh now I see why don't like him
There you go.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Nail on the head

Jul 2, 2006

Why don't you tell the true reason of your admiration of him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)