Türkiye (81 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Hmm not at all. Technically I'm a Sunni Muslim. I have a problem with people that are stuck in a different time period, people that think that everything is a conspiracy against them, and that the reasons for all ill that happens to them is someone else's fault. When you start to think that like that you begin to think much like "Islamic" terrorists, i.e. that the only way 'out' is to impose their version of Sharia, a delusion to "bring in the latter days" by conquering the world massacring non-believers one-by-one and establishing a caliphate so that the Messiah can return.
I somewhat agree, though one would argue going through all the shit of the past century, one would see the reason behind all the conspiracy and extremism beliefs :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
I just asked, Turk, and I got my answer.

Edit: Oh, and even if the words reflects the opinion amongst people, it doesn't make it less ignorant.

I ask about Turkey, which is in Europe, and you semi attack me, while you keep posting in the Egypt thread :tup:
The thing is you don't open your mouth about the atrocities going on in Egypt and Syria and when you comment, it is either satirical or attempt to justify things happening but have a problem with the most advanced state in the region.

If you already know, i don't need to mention that Turan Dursun was an anti Islamic writer and assassinated by the deep state of that time to put blame on Muslims.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The thing is you don't open your mouth about the atrocities going on in Egypt and Syria and when you comment, it is either satirical or attempt to justify things happening but have a problem with the most advanced state in the region.
This was a discussion from facebook and I wanted to know if it was bs, or they really said that, but from the beginning you assume I attack you.

Of course Turkey is more interesting for a European because of the European Union (I'm not saying I find it more interesting than Syria, though).

We're never gonna build bridges eachother, when we have people thinking the way you do - this goes for both sides. I told you before how I believe we should think; how we should like at the individual instead of generalize, but you still do the exact opposite.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
WΏΏdy?;4450088 said:
I didnt read turk's post or what the argument is about but of course you have a problem with Sunni muslims Ze :D
Erm...no, I have a problem with any Muslim stuck in the glory days of yesteryear. It's like you don't even read my posts.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Hmm not at all. Technically I'm a Sunni Muslim. I have a problem with people that are stuck in a different time period, people that think that everything is a conspiracy against them, and that the reasons for all ill that happens to them is someone else's fault. When you start to think that like that you begin to think much like "Islamic" terrorists, i.e. that the only way 'out' is to impose their version of Sharia, a delusion to "bring in the latter days" by conquering the world massacring non-believers one-by-one and establishing a caliphate so that the Messiah can return.
To sum up your post perfectly, you have a problem with religious Muslims, who practice Islam in their lives by any means.

There isn't something called a "modern" Islam.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
To sum up your post perfectly, you have a problem with religious Muslims, who practice Islam in their lives by any means.

There isn't something called a "modern" Islam.
No, I made a statement about the political mindset. The nostalgia for the old glory days is a political mindset imo, ie when "we ruled the world". There is absolutely nothing wrong with living according to sharia as a personal choice or as a group where the everyone else is like minded (which is pretty much impossible these days ) . The problem is with people that support institutions like the Muslim Brotherhood and are against Assad for all the wrong reasons want to "resurrect" a Islamic empire where there isn't room for non-Sunni Muslims and non-Muslims.

Establishing an Islamic empire is not part of Islamic faith. Forcing others to walk your own path is not part of Islam.

There is one common denominator in all the discussions I've had with Turk: there is only one Islam and it's with him. That's a dangerous mindset.

You have completely misunderstood me if you think I'm a "modern" Muslim.

Jul 2, 2006
maybe there should be?
Nobody force you to be a Muslim but you can't invent a new religion out of your arse and call it Islam. There is one Islam, whether you like it or not and there can be no variations like modern, retro, moderate, hardcore or part-time Islam. If there is, it is not Islam but something else.

No, I made a statement about the political mindset. The nostalgia for the old glory days is a political mindset imo, ie when "we ruled the world". There is absolutely nothing wrong with living according to sharia as a personal choice or as a group where the everyone else is like minded (which is pretty much impossible these days ) . The problem is with people that support institutions like the Muslim Brotherhood and are against Assad for all the wrong reasons want to "resurrect" a Islamic empire where there isn't room for non-Sunni Muslims and non-Muslims.

Establishing an Islamic empire is not part of Islamic faith. Forcing others to walk your own path is not part of Islam.

There is one common denominator in all the discussions I've had with Turk: there is only one Islam and it's with him. That's a dangerous mindset.

History tells otherwise. If there was no room, they wouldn't exist today. There is nothing wrong in wanting to ''resurrect'' an Islamic Empire considering the fact those laicists leaders only brought destruction and poverty to Muslims. People are fed up with hypocrisy of west, hearing same lies for the millionth time, most of them understood that the only salvation is unification. There is no difference between applying Sharia in France and applying laicism in a Muslim country. One can't imagine French living under Islamic laws but Muslims were suffering of living under their laws for decades.

In Lausanne, Allied asked about minortiy rights in Ottoman Empire and demand that they should be judged in their law system. Kamal told them there will be no need for that because he will completely abolish the system and Muslims(vast majority) will be judged according to laicist system as well. He literally did copy and paste Swiss Civil Code. Upon hearing that Allied forces(English - France) were shocked and it was too much for their conscience, even they felt bad for the nation they recently fought in a World War. If you have no sympathy for suffering of Muslims living like refugees in their own country as much as French had, that's your problem.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Nobody force you to be a Muslim but you can't invent a new religion out of your arse and call it Islam. There is one Islam, whether you like it or not and there can be no variations like modern, retro, moderate, hardcore or part-time Islam. If there is, it is not Islam but something else.
History tells otherwise. If there was no room, they wouldn't exist today. There is nothing wrong in wanting to ''resurrect'' an Islamic Empire considering the fact those laicists leaders only brought destruction and poverty to Muslims. People are fed up with hypocrisy of west, hearing same lies for the millionth time, most of them understood that the only salvation is unification. There is no difference between applying Sharia in France and applying laicism in a Muslim country. One can't imagine French living under Islamic laws but Muslims were suffering of living under their laws for decades.

In Lausanne, Allied asked about minortiy rights in Ottoman Empire and demand that they should be judged in their law system. Kamal told them there will be no need for that because he will completely abolish the system and Muslims(vast majority) will be judged according to laicist system as well. He literally did copy and paste Swiss Civil Code. Upon hearing that Allied forces(English - France) were shocked and it was too much for their conscience, even they felt bad for the nation they recently fought in a World War. If you have no sympathy for suffering of Muslims living like refugees in their own country as much as French had, that's your problem.
What about the suffering of Armenians and other Balkan countries from the Ottoman rule? Weren't they even more subject to the brutality of a corrupted delusional and unethical mindset? Or is it just the muslims that are sacred in Sharia law?

Look, every governing system is bound to be corrupted and taken advantage of since the beginning. But having a religious (be it sharia or any other religion based governing system) makes it both easier to take advantage of and hide behind the mask of religion and God. Hence become unquestionable, undebatable and fucking unmovable. The Ottoman empire itself being a grand example of that on countless events during that reign.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

well said sir, these people are not only ignorant but intellectually lazy, they always go for the easy way out of analysis by blindly following interpretations of some dude who lived 10 centuries ago in a completely different landscape.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #814
    well said sir, these people are not only ignorant but intellectually lazy, they always go for the easy way out of analysis by blindly following interpretations of some dude who lived 10 centuries ago in a completely different landscape.
    and was in all likelihood a liar :D

Jul 2, 2006
    What about the suffering of Armenians and other Balkan countries from the Ottoman rule? Weren't they even more subject to the brutality of a corrupted delusional and unethical mindset? Or is it just the muslims that are sacred in Sharia law?

Look, every governing system is bound to be corrupted and taken advantage of since the beginning. But having a religious (be it sharia or any other religion based governing system) makes it both easier to take advantage of and hide behind the mask of religion and God. Hence become unquestionable, undebatable and fucking unmovable. The Ottoman empire itself being a grand example of that on countless events during that reign.
    If you study history, you would see the time they suffered was in late period of Ottoman Empire, de-Islamization and secularization under the name of so-called reforms were ongoing. Even in that time, Turkish - Armenian conflict had nothing to do with religion. Islamic Empire was most tolerant against the other beliefs and races compared to other empires. This is a fact most of the European historians accept, so if someone wants to criticize Ottoman Empire, he should try something other than the discrimination card. We're talking about an Empire which ruled more than 40 ethnicites in 5,200,000 sq. km including middle east and balkans which were constant battlegrounds after the Ottomans.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Aaaaaa enta like George wassof el sultan says etakaret keteeeer ( you are late to the party) habibi da basha ya3nie mafeeek tetnakesh howa keda mashy benezam 3abeeelooo we edeeelloooo.
    :lol:

Edeelloo 3a dmagho ba2a ya 7amada :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)