Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well if they play better in training matches you don't start the obvious weaker player, no?
People were championing that Soule guy also, but now reality kicked in.
I dont think people were wrong. I think you just took it out of context.
People said Soule seems like a good player but he played in U-23 in Serie C. He is better than Serie C obviously. I guess thats why he is with the first team now.
Him shining at Juventus is a whole different thing though. He doesnt seem to have what it takes. He could play at a minnow to get experience and it would be the best for his career.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I dont think people were wrong. I think you just took it out of context.
People said Soule seems like a good player but he played in U-23 in Serie C. He is better than Serie C obviously. I guess thats why he is with the first team now.
Him shining at Juventus is a whole different thing though. He doesnt seem to have what it takes. He could play at a minnow to get experience and it would be the best for his career.
Yeah but Allegri saw him and started berna.
And people were baffled by it.
Now we now why.

It could easily be the same case with miretti now.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Well if they play better in training matches you don't start the obvious weaker player, no?
People were championing that Soule guy also, but now reality kicked in.
So you believe training is an open competition and playing time isnt based mostly on wages/experience? Thats pretty funny. Even Allegri mentioned last season that he liked Ake but HAD TO move forward with Bernardeschi. Literally said that. Surely it was because of all his great performances and nothing to do with the 4M (or whatever) he was banking.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
So you believe training is an open competition and playing time isnt based mostly on wages/experience? Thats pretty funny. Even Allegri mentioned last season that he liked Ake but HAD TO move forward with Bernardeschi. Literally said that. Surely it was because of all his great performances and nothing to do with the 4M (or whatever) he was banking.
So you mean to say that allegri starts players based on wages to the detriment of performances, the clubs future and his own.
Baffling point you are making.

Didn't he start pogab to the detriment of Marchisio?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, thats exactly what I'm saying. And what are you saying, that Arthur is better than Miretti?
I'm not the one who watches them train to know who's better.
Let's play your game. What has miretti done till know that you have come to the conclusion he is better?
Hit me up when miretti plays a top7 opponent and then will talk.

The way you praise him, you make it seem like he is the second coming of young Pogba lol.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Coaches always have favorites, and sometimes they're too stubborn to admit that a certain player is past their sell-by date or simply not that good.. 95% of the time, their decisions are correct, but they are humans and they can err.

- - - Updated - - -

Who’s Soppy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soapy Massage

soapy11.jpg

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I'm not the one who watches them train to know who's better.
Let's play your game. What has miretti done till know that you have come to the conclusion he is better?
Hit me up when miretti plays a top7 opponent and then will talk.
Whats more important, the actual games or training, or did you not watch the games either? Miretti averaged more than triple the key passes per game as Arthur did. He completed 18 progressive passes in 6 games while Arthur completed 40 in 20. Shot creation actions/90: Miretti: 2.5, Arthur: 1.5. xG and xA were also both superior. And he did that as an 18 year old making the jump from serie C to top flight.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Coaches always have favorites, and sometimes they're too stubborn to admit that a certain player is past their sell-by date or simply not that good.. 95% of the time, their decisions are correct, but they are humans and they can err.

- - - Updated - - -

Soapy Massage

soapy11.jpg
Chicks with dicks? :think:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Whats more important, the actual games or training, or did you not watch the games either? Miretti averaged more than triple the key passes per game as Arthur did. He completed 18 progressive passes in 6 games while Arthur completed 40 in 20. Shot creation actions/90: Miretti: 2.5, Arthur: 1.5. xG and xA were also both superior. And he did that as an 18 year old making the jump from serie C to top flight.
@Dru should I ask for another set of stats?

Should I ask about the level of opponents?

So you are saying that in training when Allegri pits starters against reserves and sees miretti killing it, he decides to start Arthur because his shorter or mckenie because of his hair or rabiot because he's French or Zakaria because his name starts with a Z, but not the actual better player?

Yeah, right.

He is probably like "OK he does well against the starters, but can he do it in a hot summer night against Bonaventura".

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Would be a shame if rovella or fagioli took minutes from Rabiot and parepiss
Think its one of Rabiot or Paredes. If Rabiot stays, which now looks certain, he should be banished from the 1st team. Rovella and Fagioli should take the place of both him and Arthur

- - - Updated - - -

Imo Miretti>Rovella>Fagioli
Literally the other way round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)