Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Rovella has a lot of Serie A experience now and will develop a lot more if he plays in our team, our 'stars' will take him to a higher level faster than on loan. Fagioli should be subbed in for the last 15 minutes for each match until he gets up to speed. This is the best way to develop our players. If they don't reach the top, at least they have experience of playing with us so they'll have a decent price on sale.

Freeze out Arthur and Rabiot, both have had their chances. If they want to go to Qatar this winter, they should wake up and force a move. Let's not block Rovella and Fagioli any longer.
the problem also may lay in a position both occupy, the regista position is really key in Allegri tactics and also he is the player which is the most exposed to enemy pressing. I can see why he would prefer more experienced player there, while on mezzala we can probably deal with some minor errors from a younger player, who at least looks like a creative outlet at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Field not ready or unexperienced player at regista and he is burned. Look at the games Emre Can was tried there for example.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I don't understand why he left Madrid for United. Money or not it just seems like a strange move to me.
Probably got a good salary bump on his last big professional contract?
Also extended his contract duration for one year with an option for another year.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
This isn't 1980 even midfielders that are good at tracking back and defending need to have SOME ability. At least to do the simple things well under pressure. No more meme midfield 'opportunities ' that end up being net liabilities on and off the pitch

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I don't understand why he left Madrid for United. Money or not it just seems like a strange move to me.
Actually, its perfect for them.

They've already purchased the replacements and I'm sure they've been thinking that at some point would come the awkward moment where he needs an extension or to be sold so that Tchouameni or Camavinga can replace him full-time.

Now that awkward moment is gone and turned into 70m. It's perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, Real sold their deadweight/unneeded player 1-2 seasons before the rest of the world knows he was unneeded/deadweight.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I understand from Madrids perspective but not the players
He sees the writing on the wall. Real is less likely to offer extensions in midfield, knowing the youth behind him, and if Real does offer extensions it will be with wage REDUCTIONS. He wants a payday. He's cashing in and its Manchester United. He's won how many CL finals? Not playing in this one is worth less to him than a wage increase and contract that will probably be the biggest of his lifetime.

He won the glory.

Now he wins his payday and cashes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)