Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I disagree. There is no difference in quality between the two.

McKennie slightly more opportunistic for getting in positions
Rabiot much faster and better defensively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the tie breaker is wage and age

- - - Updated - - -

the tie breaker is wage and age
McK wins both

- - - Updated - - -

And resale value

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He offers more than Rabiot; that's my point. He attacks the goal, covers a lot of ground, puts in tackles.

What does Rabiot offer, other than one wondergoal every 2-3 years?
Wat? He’s not a ball-winner at all. Never has been. Being athletic and running a lot doesn’t make him a tackler. He’s 28th percentile amongst midfielders in tackles at 1.82/90 over the past year. Rabiot conversely is 84th percentile at 3/90 minutes. Rabiot is still shit, but we don’t have to pretend Mckennie is something he is not to say so.

He covers ground and is a good goal threat, better if we had players who picked out his runs more often.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
True only if both leaves Fagioli will be back or used in the team. I am tired of waiting season by season for us using our young players. And watching us starting these useless trees - Rabiot and Arthur. I am praying that somehow at least Arthur is sent on loan and us using Fagioli this season but very unlikely.

Only positive is Miretti stay.

Because of Rabiot mercato is 4/10 at this point as defence and midfield is still mediocre. 4 points for Kostic and Di Maria deals + Depay can go to 5/10
Honestly, after Romero and our history raising youth generally, I'm happy we've got even one of them in the squad and that none of them are sold.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The way I see it is that with Pogba, Di Maria, and a returning Chiesa, McKennie is more likely to perform better than Arthur and Rabiot who do nothing. Rabiot is surrounded by world-class players in France yet never does anything useful for them so he won't get any better. I'd love them to prove me wrong but they won't. Also, with Kostic we don't need to play Rabiot on the left so who's spot will he take now? End this nightmare now.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Thank god Rabiot’s contract expires next summer. Imagine Tootsie had renewed him before leaving. Stuck with both Arthur and Rabiot until 2025 :lol:
:lol: Agnelli would’ve green-lighted it for sure

- - - Updated - - -

It really must be a slow day if we are all debating backup midfielders for multiple pages :lol2:
Thank god for narcotics

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
He offers more than Rabiot; that's my point. He attacks the goal, covers a lot of ground, puts in tackles.

What does Rabiot offer, other than one wondergoal every 2-3 years?
Don’t let McKennie’s 2 goals a season cloud your judgement here…

I’m not sure we’re watching the same players… McKennie is a headless chicken on the field, tactically he’s clueless. He runs around more than Rabiot but manages to achieve less, he rarely if ever wins the ball back, his passing is terrible and he’s not good on the ball. He occupies decent positions going forward but his finishing is woefully poor.

Rabiot on the other hand at least wins the ball back and he’s better in possession and a better passer of the ball. He’s a lazy asshole and goes missing but there’s no question between those two players who is better.

Let’s be clear, both players are nowhere near good enough and I hope the kids bench them this season. But enough with this McKennie loving on this forum. He’s not a good footballer.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
At least McKennie has 1 strong attribute. Rabiot offers mediocrity in all of them. If I could keep one, it would always be McKennie. He's cheaper, more likeable and can be thrown into games near the end for some powerplay in the box. When to use Rabiot is a mystery for me. He offers jack shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)