Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We have been linked to Jorginho since his Verona days. It's bound to happen, unless price and wages are outrageous
We were linked with Cassano since his Bari days yet it didnt happen...

- - - Updated - - -

A 30 year old Benzema or Di Maria can still win you a game. A 30 year Fagjinho wont, unless it's from the penalty spot (and he's been missing those lately).
Im not a Jorginho fan but there is no point in denying he is good and had a great year.
I rather get someone who can shoot and score though.
Locatelli can play as a regista if we get someone like that

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We were linked with Cassano since his Bari days yet it didnt happen...

- - - Updated - - -

Im not a Jorginho fan but there is no point in denying he is good and had a great year.
I rather get someone who can shoot and score though.
Locatelli can play as a regista if we get someone like that
Yes but Cassano was a nutcase

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
TBF Jorginho fits this team like a glove and would probably settle from the start, but really is there any point for him to leave that Chelsea side?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
His contract runs out in a year and Chelsea treat 30yo's like they're 35yo's when it comes to extensions.
Exactly. They have a one year extension policy for players above the age of 30.
Juve should employ that model. That way we can avoid the khedira's and Sandro's when they are washed up.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
TBF Jorginho fits this team like a glove and would probably settle from the start, but really is there any point for him to leave that Chelsea side?
I'm not really sure he does. We don't play a heavy possession style and only recently changed to 3 CMs. Before that it was always 2 that required athleticism. Our CMs have to do a lot of running and closing down with little protection.

I'm fine with Locatelli there tbh.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Back to real rumors - Mck+$=Zaniolo by FI of course
I read some comments that say Mck is fast improving - I think I missed that part where he improves

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Agresti: In view of this summer, Juventus are making an assessment for the position of regista. They will also either decide to bet on Manuel Locatelli and therefore they will intervene in the position of mezzala or decide to take another defensive midfielder

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Agresti: In view of this summer, Juventus are making an assessment for the position of regista. They will also either decide to bet on Manuel Locatelli and therefore they will intervene in the position of mezzala or decide to take another defensive midfielder
IMO, really strange that the club is still looking for a true regista... I think the only option for this position is Jorginho, but please stop signing 30y players... Other thing is I don't believe Zakaria will be a good mezzala or box-to-box MID that Allegri wants. We could use Zakaria more as a DMC, leaving Arthur as his sub.
I'd focus on finding a top box-to-box MID and if current 433 formation stays, then need a Morata replacement too -> Vlahovic and Kean as CF, Dybala+Cuads+Chiesa as wingers + need a 4th one. Of course, a lot will depend on if MdL leave.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
According to the TuttoSport :

The Zaniolo track is reported to be increasingly hot for Juventus.
The player is at the top of Cherubini list. The Juve management want Zaniolo.
Nicolò convinces Juve for several reasons: he is 22, huge potential , salary in line with the club….and Italian.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

Nicolò convinces Juve for several reasons: he is 22, huge potential , salary in line with the club….and Italian.
sounds good, too bad its tuttosport

Jäger

May 2, 2021

All of that and they didn't even consider his injury track record?
IMO, really strange that the club is still looking for a true regista... I think the only option for this position is Jorginho, but please stop signing 30y players... Other thing is I don't believe Zakaria will be a good mezzala or box-to-box MID that Allegri wants. We could use Zakaria more as a DMC, leaving Arthur as his sub.
I'd focus on finding a top box-to-box MID and if current 433 formation stays, then need a Morata replacement too -> Vlahovic and Kean as CF, Dybala+Cuads+Chiesa as wingers + need a 4th one. Of course, a lot will depend on if MdL leave.
Mostly because we don't have someone who fits that role well and because we lack creativity. The hope was that Arthur would become the ideal Pjanic replacement but he's simply too inconsistent. Loca can play there but he plays better when given greater license to go forward like A B2B. I wouldn't mind Jorginho, or alternatively Brozovic who can provide some good defensive quality to the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)