Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
And it was better. He also wasn't a regista at Sassuolo, no matter what you think. He does a job there but it's not his best role.
Yeah, I saw how better it was tonight.

He was the deepest midfielder and playmaker responsible for building from the back. The difference at Sassuolo was that they almost always played 4231 so he was naturally higher up the pitch than 433.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah, I saw how better it was tonight.

He was the deepest midfielder and playmaker responsible for building from the back. The difference at Sassuolo was that they almost always played 4231 so he was naturally higher up the pitch than 433.
Glad you did and glad we scored the 1-1 like that ;). It was one of the reasons we didn't control midfield, again after 2 games where we did with Arthur anchoring it.

He wasn't bar a few games. Damn, just rewatch it. Loca is not a regista and the whole world knows it.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we sign him, myself and everyone else who don’t want him will cheer for him to do well, obviously. I don’t want another anchor weighing this team down. I despise Rabiot but still hope he’ll get his shit together. I’m a Juve fan. Not going to hope Pogba fails here just because I think he’s an overrated clown. I’ll hope he finally fulfils at least some of his potential.
There is a difference between Rabiot and Pogba.
Rabiot has no end product (assists or goals), Pogba on the other hand is a very good shooter and has a nice eye for assists (even if obviously he is no KDB)

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of quality I believe that Pogba is better.

The picture might change if we add transfer fee and agent fee and stuff
Pogba is better when it comes to attacking but SMS can defend.
Who is better? On top form - Pogba, but SMS is more consistent as he is for years running for the MVP award in Serie A while Pogba hasnt really settled at Man Utd.
I would be estatic to get any of them.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
A soon-to-be 30 year old Pogba isn’t worth the premium any club would play. After all we’ve done to lower the wage bill and the squad age it wouldn’t make sense to undo all of that by bringing him in.

Had has his time to shine in our stripes and he did. Let him continue to be someone else’s problem.

Been hearing rumors linking us to Paquetá. Allegedly Allegri likes him
I appreciated him at Milan a few years ago but obviously everyone thrives after they move away from there

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Been hearing rumors linking us to Paquetá. Allegedly Allegri likes him
I liked him at Milan. I havent watched Lyon this year but I heard he is doing well.
As for Juventus - I hope we bring someone who can score and assist in numbers. Paqueta can do it in France but I doubt he can do it in Italy (at least not with numbers)

Looked at some numbers across Europe and I found these players:
Berardi - We all know him and Im definitely not sure he should be considered should Dybala leave
Amine Gouiri - Never watched him
Jarrod Bowen - I didnt know he even exists
Cody Gakpo - I heard of his name before since he is playing in a team with an Israeli but the last time I watched PSV they had Malen and I dont recall Gakpo.
Nkunku - Very different to Dybala and I really like this player but I think they would ask us to pay way more than we would be willing to.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Paqueta has been doing well for over a year now, definitely intriguing but would command a hefty fee, around 40m. I still prefer Caqueret who is like a younger faster Jorginho that would allow more freedom for Locatelli.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Akanji (CB) from Dortmund doesn't look like extending his contract (expiring in 2023) with Dortmund. Yaaay or Nay?

Notable mids with expiring contracts in 2022:

Pogba, Kamara, Brozovic and Kessie.

Notable mids with expiring contracts in 2023:

Tielemans, Fabian Ruiz, Kante, Fagjinho, Gavi, Gravenberch, Aouar, Renato Sanches, Naby Keita, and Rayan Cherki.

I've omitted players we shouldn't be targeting, probably won't be targeting, or are too old for us to be targeting.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i like brozovic, kanté and fabian. first two are already 30, but since our team is pretty young besides those 2 cb's, we could probably afford an other oldie with quality. fabian is the hottest property here, i'd sign him in a heartbeat if i had the chance. @Lion vouched for him without even seeing him play, that's enough for me.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Akanji (CB) from Dortmund doesn't look like extending his contract (expiring in 2023) with Dortmund. Yaaay or Nay?

Tielemans, Fabian Ruiz, Kante, Fagjinho, Gavi, Gravenberch, Aouar, Renato Sanches, Naby Keita, and Rayan Cherki.

I've omitted players we shouldn't be targeting, probably won't be targeting, or are too old for us to be targeting.
Caqueret is expiring in 2023 and I’d definitely take him before a lot of the names on this list, unfortunately Gavi is renewing with Barca

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
i like brozovic, kanté and fabian. first two are already 30, but since our team is pretty young besides those 2 cb's, we could probably afford an other oldie with quality. fabian is the hottest property here, i'd sign him in a heartbeat if i had the chance. @Lion vouched for him without even seeing him play, that's enough for me.
Sign Fabian to play what position? He's even slower than Kulusevski.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012

Interesting list of names for sure.
In 2022, I'd focus on getting a free central DEF to have resources strengthen the LB and MID positions. Of course, lot will depend on the future of Dybala and the form of Chiesa. + will need someone to replace Morata. Tielemans will change club this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)