Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Brozovic is dope but too old for the timeline. Pogba isn't young either and too expensive/injury prone. SMS would be cool, but Lotito is a nightmare, remember the shit he pulled with Keita Balde, imagine what he would do with a player like SMS?

I'm team Tchouameni until hes holding up another shirt.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Team Jorginho here. Not a hot prospect but knows the league and his game suits what Allegri wants from a DM. A Zakaria Jorginho Locatelli midfield seems pretty good to me

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Chelsea wont sell him for cheap. It's not worth spending 25-30M on a CM who is above 30 years of age.

Good player but pass unless, he's available for free (which is unlikely).

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
once again its encouraging seeing links to positions that we are in desperate need of refreshing, regardless of the names it shows the new management are aware of the weaknesses of the squad

Hopefully we get rid of Sandro asap and get a nice new lb to sit on the bench and Watch De Goatlio tear up world football

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
for LB spot I would much more prefer Bensebaini to any other names mentioned here. He is also running his contract down in the summer of 2023 so should be cheaper.
For midfield as a pure DM i would just love us to sign Ndidi from Leicester, though i doubt we would be able to afford him.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
dunno, Jorginho for 25m sounds like a good deal to me. man is WC and still has good 3-4 years left in him, if he doesn't want skyhigh wages I'm all for it.
Nah we're done spending big money on 30+ old players.

Those wages and transfer fee is a big IF considering he plays in the PL. Chelsea are a pretty hard team to negotiate as well.

It's borderline stupid at this point for a club with financial difficulties to spend considerable amount of money on players with no resale value.

If he was a free transfer, it would be a different matter ofcourse.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Those wages and transfer fee is a big IF considering he plays in the PL. Chelsea are a pretty hard team to negotiate as well.

It's borderline stupid at this point for a club with financial difficulties to spend considerable amount of money on players with no resale value.

If it was a free transfer the player bonus and agent fees would ne more than that 25 mil

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Club finally has a clear strategy it seems.

We're looking at younger players that can immediately make impact and take responsibility (Loca, Vlahovic, Zakaria...).

IMO our midfield signings in the summer will follow this strategy and I think these will be some of the hottest names for us: Kessie (free), Rovella (owned by us), Tchouameni, Tielemans (contract until 2023), Fagioli (owned by us)...

Strickland

May 17, 2019

I think mids like Jorginho are a bit undervalued, if we were talking about a 30yo di Maria or a 30yo Benzema, 25m would seem like a no brainer.

If a reasonable deal is not possible and Chelsea want a silly fee or Jorginho wants his last big paycheck I fully agree that we shouldnt. But I disagree on only signing players with resale value, if we want to regain dominance in Serie A and be competitive in Europe we cant sign only 20yo's, you need balance.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think mids like Jorginho are a bit undervalued, if we were talking about a 30yo di Maria or a 30yo Benzema, 25m would seem like a no brainer.

If a reasonable deal is not possible and Chelsea want a silly fee or Jorginho wants his last big paycheck I fully agree that we shouldnt. But I disagree on only signing players with resale value, if we want to regain dominance in Serie A and be competitive in Europe we cant sign only 20yo's, you need balance.
A 30 year old Benzema or Di Maria can still win you a game. A 30 year Fagjinho wont, unless it's from the penalty spot (and he's been missing those lately).

Strickland

May 17, 2019
A 30 year old Benzema or Di Maria can still win you a game. A 30 year Fagjinho wont, unless it's from the penalty spot (and he's been missing those lately).
This is the same old Makelele / Perez argument all over again. Games are won by the team not by the individual who scores the winning goal.

Beckham had a lot more technical quality and capability to decide games with freekicks and assists, yet Real sucked major balls when they played Beckham and Figo as CMs. Could it be that you need actual midfielders as well, not just game deciders?

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

25m is cheap for Jorginho, it would likely be more, and if this is really the price signing him is a sure way to immediately raise our level.

There is gulf in quality between him and any of our mid when it comes to his position. We paid something like 30m (price difference in the Pjanic deal) for Arthur who would have "resale value", 40m? for Kulusevski, 40m for Bernardeschi, 30m for Kean. These deals can be made and can be the backbone of our business, but to bring in proven players who can immediately take the team and guide us to the next level is important.

To quote Khedira again, our midfield needs leadership. We sure as hell won't get leadership from Rabiot, Arthur, and McKennie. Locatelli maybe, we'll see in the future. In the national team Jorginho's nickname is "the professor", and you can always see him actively giving directions to everyone on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)